Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Do you think Mike Vick is a POS?

Anybody who has spent more than two minutes around an actual cow realizes that these things were literally made to be eaten. They are the Jessica Simpson of the animal world. Still, I wouldn't deliberately torture them.

Unless it made the meat more tender.

Mmmmmmm Veal........ :wub:

So you're suggesting dogs' service to man and/or intelligence makes their lives more valuable than other critters?

I would say yes. At least their intelligence and relative sophistication makes them more capable of experiencing pain and therefore makes it worse than killing smaller / less intelligent creatures. Id also say killing for amusement or sport is worse than killing for food.

That said I think its nuts that people will hold Vick in contempt forever but guys like Greg Hardy get welcomed into the league with barely a peep.

• Like 1

I would say yes. At least their intelligence and relative sophistication makes them more capable of experiencing pain and therefore makes it worse than killing smaller / less intelligent creatures. Id also say killing for amusement or sport is worse than killing for food.

That said I think its nuts that people will hold Vick in contempt forever but guys like Greg Hardy get welcomed into the league with barely a peep.

Agreed 100%

And it was pit bulls. Not law enforcement shepherds or yalls poodles who you get shaven to look ridiculous.

Id save a hamster from a fire before a pit bull.

If they were pit bulls killing each other then Im actually okay with it.

I dont think they were putting two labs up against each other.

Thas BREEDIST!😠

Fair enough, but aren't pigs supposed to be smart? And killing for sustenance is Ok, if the alternative is starvation. But some of the stuff taking place in slaughter houses is tantamount to torture.

Agree that Vick isn't the only POS in the NFL worthy of contempt.

Fair enough, but aren't pigs supposed to be smart? And killing for sustenance is Ok, if the alternative is starvation. But some of the stuff taking place in slaughter houses is tantamount to torture.

Agree that Vick isn't the only POS in the NFL worthy of contempt.

Its pretry arbitrary RE: which animals are okay to kill vs ones that arent okay. Seems like we judge it based on the animals intelligence + utility + the degree to which they have human like qualities. And whether theyre cute. This is probably why people consider it fine to kill a pig but not a dog. Incidentally some species of squid and octopus are smarter than dogs but theyre also delicious.

Anyway I dont think even a vegan like you would suggest that killing a mouse is the same as killing a dog, or that killing an animal for meat is equal to killing an animal purely for sport or fun so there must be a distinction there.

Wasn't Vick killing dogs that were beat up and injured from the dog fights? You guys think nothing of Humane places putting a dog down (= killing it) simply because someone didn't come in and claim it or someone didn't come in an adopt it in a certain number of days.

Wasn't Vick killing dogs that were beat up and injured from the dog fights? You guys think nothing of Humane places putting a dog down (= killing it) simply because someone didn't come in and claim it or someone didn't come in an adopt it in a certain number of days.

I don't know what his criteria was for killing dogs. I do know the following:

1) If he was killing dogs because they became useless for fighting that's pretty f-'ed up in and of itself.

2) Animal shelters that put dogs down do so painlessly, only after trying to find homes for the animals, and according to law. Vick did none of those things. Comparing Vick's methods and motivations for killing animals to shelters is disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourself for even making the comparison.

• Like 1

Its pretry arbitrary RE: which animals are okay to kill vs ones that arent okay. Seems like we judge it based on the animals intelligence + utility + the degree to which they have human like qualities. And whether theyre cute. This is probably why people consider it fine to kill a pig but not a dog. Incidentally some species of squid and octopus are smarter than dogs but theyre also delicious.

Anyway I dont think even a vegan like you would suggest that killing a mouse is the same as killing a dog, or that killing an animal for meat is equal to killing an animal purely for sport or fun so there must be a distinction there.

I don't know, if I were in Dallas for a football game I'm thinking this isn't what I would be doing. But it was nice to hear your thoughts on the matter. Lol.

You got me. 😂 🤡 🤡 🤡

The lady doth protests too much, me thinks !