Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Official American Idol 2012 Thread

Phillip will win due simply to the demographics involved. Jessica is gonna be a star anyway. The last dude that couldn't sing who made it in the top 5 was the beat box dude. Joshua could sing, without a doubt........I just didn't care.

Easily the worst finals show I've ever seen. A few exceptions with John Fogerty, Reba and Rhianna having nice performances, but could they possibly dredge up any more half dead, over the hill performers? Joshua Ledet comes out and starts singing Take Me To The Pilot (one of my all time favorite songs), and I'm mumbling to myself "Please let it be Elton John, please let it be Elton John". Nope...Fantasia's fat ass rolls out and absolutely butchers the song.

Easily the worst finals show I've ever seen. A few exceptions with John Fogerty, Reba and Rhianna having nice performances, but could they possibly dredge up any more half dead, over the hill performers? Joshua Ledet comes out and starts singing Take Me To The Pilot (one of my all time favorite songs), and I'm mumbling to myself "Please let it be Elton John, please let it be Elton John". Nope...Fantasia's fat ass rolls out and absolutely butchers the song.

Shocking how fat she was. It looked like they slit the leggings up the side so she could fit into them.My twelve year old said it looks like she should stick to the collard greens and lay off the cornbread.

WTF?!!!?

Viewers down 25%...I clicked in once and saw Neil Diamond. :wacko:

Last five winners have been dudes with :music_guitarred: who haven't done much of anything post Idol. Show is hurting.

Viewers down 25%...I clicked in once and saw Neil Diamond. :wacko:

Last five winners have been dudes with :music_guitarred: who haven't done much of anything post Idol. Show is hurting.

Yeah...why is it the ones with the obvious marketability and potential don't win it. You could see it plain as day when Chris Daughtry lost, and you can see it this year with Skylar Laine.

I'm not a fan of country music...but if someone said "You can have 10% of the money the finalists earn from the music they produce over the next 10 years...I'd take her over Phil Phillips without a doubt.

He can sing, but no one listens the bluesy gravely grinding style that he sings.

I hardly watch the show anymore because true talent doesn't win.

It comes down to the votes of teeny bopper girls.

Shocking how fat she was. It looked like they slit the leggings up the side so she could fit into them.My twelve year old said it looks like she should stick to the collard greens and lay off the cornbread.

Skynet could not have invented a tool to get her out that getup. Then she tries to outscream Joshua. Horrible.

What a night of bad performances. Scotty McReery should be relegated to remote truck stops and now Phillip Phillips, a name as monotonous as his talent. America has shown it will vote for the worst white boy over anyone else.

Yeah...why is it the ones with the obvious marketability and potential don't win it. You could see it plain as day when Chris Daughtry lost, and you can see it this year with Skylar Laine.

I'm not a fan of country music...but if someone said "You can have 10% of the money the finalists earn from the music they produce over the next 10 years...I'd take her over Phil Phillips without a doubt.

He can sing, but no one listens the bluesy gravely grinding style that he sings.

I hardly watch the show anymore because true talent doesn't win.

It comes down to the votes of teeny bopper girls.

I agree on Skylar's marketability and potential; I said early on that she, Colton, and Phillip are the only relevant artists. She owned the stage with Reba yesterday. Jessica may prove me wrong; she grew quite a bit over the show, and more than held her own with that big fat scary diva she sang with yesterday.

Phillip... I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll have better success. That "Home" song is an instant smash hit and within a week will probably surpass whatever Taylor Hicks and Chris Whatshisname have put out. I never saw the allure of either of those two, but I do with Phillip. I'll add another to your Daughtry analogy: when Adam Lambert lost to Chris. Perhaps voters didn't like his open flaminess, but it was so obvious that he was going to be a star.

Even though i've been a fan of Elton John's since the "Madman Across the Water" album i never understood any love for "Take Me to the Pilot", and Joshua singing it only made me speed through it. So i'm glad i passed up Fantasia all together.

So....

The Poor Man's STING won it all, funny how much he Scotty McCreary look alike lol, George Bush got around.

I didn't want to start a new thread for 2013 because this show is awful now. But HOLY FOCKING SHIIT these people are AWFUL and the judges are just falling all over them. This crazy biitch from Libya sounded like a dying cat and she's getting standing ovations. :shocking: Time to turn it off again.

Yea... and Nikki Minaj (sp?) needs to get punched in the face.

I didn't want to start a new thread for 2013 because this show is awful now. But HOLY FOCKING SHIIT these people are AWFUL and the judges are just falling all over them. This crazy biitch from Libya sounded like a dying cat and she's getting standing ovations. :shocking: Time to turn it off again.

Yea... and Nikki Minaj (sp?) needs to get punched in the face.

I agree. This is shaping up to be the worst talent in the entire history of the franchise. I've only heard one gal a week or so ago that sat down at a piano with her own written song, where I replayed it a few times. Starting to lose interest. Mariah has to feel dirty sharing a stage with the Recliner Pilot of music (Nikki)