Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2018 US Open Thread**

These conditions are brutal. Finau and Berger may lead at the end of the day.

Wow. Thats crazy. Wasnt thinking.

He claims he was thinking, knew the rule and knew it would be at least two strokes if it rolled down the hill.... probably BS excuse.

He claims he was thinking, knew the rule and knew it would be at least two strokes if it rolled down the hill.... probably BS excuse.

Exactly. Took the penalty willingly. They should and would DQ a lesser player.
  • Like 1

I think it’s BS too but his explanation also opens up the possibility of him being DQued.

Exactly. Took the penalty willingly. They should and would DQ a lesser player.

David Fay just said he would have had him DQ

Almost anyone but stenson. Rooting for DJ obviously

whats wrong with stenson?

Remarkable day. Finau, Berger, and Barn Rat barely made the cut and are now top ten. Spieth must be kicking himself.

whats wrong with stenson?

I dont really hate the guy or anything.

But too mechanical. Wears shades always. A euro. I dont know just too much i dont care for.

Whole lotta retards making stupid noises in the gallery.

Exactly. The clowns yelling dilly dilly need to be punched in the face.

• Like 1

Whole lotta retards making stupid noises in the gallery.

I noticed that...someone screamed " water the greens" i laughed

But too mechanical. Wears shades always. A euro. I dont know just too much i dont care for.

He took his shades off several holes ago.

DJ leaving too many putts short.

They are all putting defensively given the way the greens are playing

These conditions are brutal. Finau and Berger may lead at the end of the day.

Yup

CEO of USGA just basically said of Phil "we found a rule that applies and it is 2 strokes and blah blah blah."

I'm sorry but that was egregious. I like Phil, he played at ASU and all, but he should be DQ'd. It's not like the ball moved slightly as he addressed it. :thumbsdown:

David Fay just said he would have had him DQ

On the next hole he tried a circus putt trying to back door one using the slope of the green when a more standard approach would have given him a better chance to make the putt.

All the while with a chit eatin grin on his face.

I think that's when Zinger said "conduct unbecoming"

really really nice guy and very approachable. I even told him i was cheering for Phil at that British and he still joked around and took a picture. This was 2016 PGA so it was right after his win.

copied from the other thread

you know, he realized as soon as he did it that it was a dumb move and bad look. watching it happen and then seeing them show a replay of him laughing with Beef about it made me not really care. They kept comparing it to Daly and how Daly's image took a hit :rolleyes: . sorry, Phil's image isn't going to take a hit for that. It was either Zinger or Strange who said we all have moments of frustration and it was a rare one that Phil let everyone see.

and to think, I said yesterday either in this thread or Fumble's US Open thread that if Phil could go out and shoot 3 under early, he would be in contention. He was 1 under through 4 or 5 holes today. Obviously he imploded and I did not expect a +7 from DJ but turns out that 3 under number would have had him in the final pairing I think... or 2nd to last since i guess he finished after berger and finau.

basically it would have bothered me more if he had a pissed off look on his face after doing it like blaming the conditions for his bad putting or something.

i'm also not above saying he should probably be DQ'd. I actually thought he might just DQ himself after thinking about it.

copied from the other thread

basically it would have bothered me more if he had a pissed off look on his face after doing it like blaming the conditions for his bad putting or something.

i'm also not above saying he should probably be DQ'd. I actually thought he might just DQ himself after thinking about it.

I love Phil. And I say this without knowing how the rules are actually worded, but....

Phil essentially claiming that he knew the rule, did the math, and decided to hit the ball because it gave him a strategic advantage over letting it roll out....to me thats much worse than him just losing his cool for a second.

Now I dont believe him at all. I think he just lost his cool and I dont for a second believe he calculated that it was to his advantage to hit the ball. But if Im taking him at his word, I think he should be disqualified.

Anyone hear the 2 guys talking about fockin his ex so hard he headbutted her. Lol

I love Phil. And I say this without knowing how the rules are actually worded, but....

Phil essentially claiming that he knew the rule, did the math, and decided to hit the ball because it gave him a strategic advantage over letting it roll out....to me thats much worse than him just losing his cool for a second.

Now I dont believe him at all. I think he just lost his cool and I dont for a second believe he calculated that it was to his advantage to hit the ball. But if Im taking him at his word, I think he should be disqualified.

Agreed

He took his shades off several holes ago.

And put them around the back of his head like a d bag.

Again anyone but Stenson and Poulter

Crowd is very annoying and they just cheer anything. Cheering DJ saying great shot after he sends it in the deep stuff. A bunch of "look at me" out there.

But I did laugh when randomly I heard "fire joe buck"

I noticed that...someone screamed " water the greens" i laughed

I'm ok with that but some fucktard just made a bunch of yelping noises like he was Kramer. Not as bad as 'In the hole' off the tee from 500 yards but close.

This whole tournament is just pathetic. From a horrible Saturday setup, to having to listen to Joe Buck 4 days straight, to the hot mics they have everywhere, I am very disappointed.

If they are going to have the mics that close to the players and fans, kick out anyone who yells something after a hit, and quit muting the swearing by the players.

This whole tournament is just pathetic. From a horrible Saturday setup, to having to listen to Joe Buck 4 days straight, to the hot mics they have everywhere, I am very disappointed.

If they are going to have the mics that close to the players and fans, kick out anyone who yells something after a hit, and quit muting the swearing by the players.

:doublethumbsup:

for the life of me i could not understand why they had the leaders teeing off after 3PM yesterday. Naturally, the last group is going off about an hour earlier today.

seems to me the whole field should have just gone out earlier. the leaders still would have had tougher conditions, but thats not a rarity. At least it could have been slightly easier for them at the start

Brooks Koepka birdies 16 for 2 stroke lead. looks like he defends his u.s. open title.

Impressive...slow and steady...

Jesus...someone just yelled to Tony Finau....hows your ankle!!

That hot mic just made me realize how much is too much total coverage

Two best things about Fox coverage.

1. All damn day golf. Between FS1 and Fox its was a ton of coverage.

2. The shot tracer. Nothing cooler than seeing a big draw into a green on the shot tracer.