Sign in to follow this  
drobeski

Tom Brady And The Liberal War On Success ....... nails it

http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/24/tom-brady-and-the-liberal-war-on-success/

Tom Brady And The Liberal War On Success
3:06 PM 01/24/2015

Can we be honest for a minute about the latest liberal crusade gripping the country like a deflated football?

If you are sincerely concerned about fair play in sports and waiting patiently for the NFL to conclude its investigation of “Deflategate,” this column is not directed at you. Maybe you’re a New England Patriots fan or just a neutral observer. Maybe you don’t care about football at all.

But for the rest of you, the mob salivating over the prospect of finding something to diminish the Patriots’ 2014 achievements, let’s face it.

You hated Tom Brady before the national media lost its collective mind over the air pressure in footballs.

You hated Tom Brady before Spygate.

Your hatred of Brady goes back much further than that. You despised him in high school, when you wanted to sit with the jocks in the cafeteria. You detested him when he was dating the cheerleaders.

You loathed Brady when he upset your team in the Super Bowl. You screamed with rage when he dissected your team’s secondary like a surgeon and exposed the Swiss cheese-like holes in your coverages. You were outraged when he didn’t come out of the game after throwing at least four touchdown passes.

Then when he married a supermodel? Game over.

You don’t hate him because he cheats. You hate him because he wins. If he’s exposed in the current NFL probe, that’s something you’ll love.

I get it now, but for a long time I didn’t. I could understand why people disliked Bill Belichick, even if I didn’t agree. But Brady wasn’t much of a trash-talker, at least off the field. He was no Richard Sherman. He usually says the right thing in public. His teammates seem to enjoy playing with him and for him, even if he occasionally yells at receivers who run the wrong routes or referees who make unfavorable calls.

Few professional athletes have the character of Mother Teresa. If they’re even as decent as Tim Tebow, they’ll soon be out of a job. But if I had to compile a list of the biggest jerks in the NFL, Brady would not rank very high.

Tom Brady is a winner. He has won 76.5 percent of the games he has started. He has been to the AFC Championship the majority of seasons he has played. He has three Super Bowl rings. He is about to make his sixth appearance in the big game.

A certain amount of jealousy is human nature. But the contempt for Brady’s sustained success goes beyond that. It’s a larger liberal war against success, based on the sentiments expressed by the senior senator in the Pats’ home state, Elizabeth Warren, and then later repeated more pithily by Barack Obama.

All those records? Tom Brady didn’t build that.

Success cannot be earned, the game must be rigged.

You don’t care that he has three rings, because Spygate. You don’t care that when throwing fully inflated footballs he completed 82 percent of his passes against the Indianapolis Colts just this year, because cheating.

I can already hear you saying, “Wait a minute, Antle. I’m no liberal. I’m a true-blue red-state American and I just don’t like the cut of Brady’s cheating-assed jib.”

The liberals have gotten to you anyway. They know you don’t like Boston, the city closest to where Brady plays, or California, where the quarterback is from. You might not even like Michigan, where Brady went to college.

The same politics of envy that liberals exploit to make some people crave tax increases on the wealthy has turned you against the winningest quarterback of our time, a hero to the blue-collar and culturally conservative parts of the Bay State, a true Patriot.

If the rules were broken, they were broken and someone needs to be held accountable. Personal responsibility is a conservative value. As Belichick is fond of saying, “It is what it is.”

What I’m talking about is the pure joy some people feel at the possibility a new anti-Brady talking point exists, the unadulterated glee that accompanies each Patriots loss.

Drew Bledsoe, the man who lost his job to Tom Brady, doesn’t feel this way. Neither apparently does Rich Gannon, who lost the “tuck rule” game to him.

Brady has been battered by some elite NFL pass rushes. Does he have the pocket agility to evade the rush to judgement?

If Brady loses the upcoming Super Bowl, there will be only one consolation. All the people who hate winners will transfer their bile to the Seattle Seahawks instead.

W. James Antle III is managing editor of The Daily Caller and author of the book Devouring Freedom: Can Big Government Ever Be Stopped? Follow him on Twitter.

He look its snuffles, long time bud, how you been ? How's the job,? :cheers:

You know you are in trouble when you are now using FlaHawker type comments.

Maybe try calling me bald next...hah

That was the dumbest thing I ever read, and I didn't read all of it. I thought republicans were about law and order and hard work to succeed? The Patriots are admitted cheaters. And no, I don't hate Tom Brady, I've won 2 fantasy titles with him, and, I'm a NY Giants fan.

One of the best things about football which the author clearly doesn't get, is that in addition to its entertaining aspect, is it takes my mind off the stupid-ass fighting between liberals and conservatives whenever I watch the game.

That was the dumbest thing I ever read, and I didn't read all of it. I thought republicans were about law and order and hard work to succeed? The Patriots are admitted cheaters. And no, I don't hate Tom Brady, I've won 2 fantasy titles with him, and, I'm a NY Giants fan.

Well of course you don't hate him then. All the people who hate him are the ones he is always beating. Sore focking losers, that's all it is

I love brady bashing more than most people. But if he wins this one, there's a strong argument for best ever and he slides pretty comfortably into no.2 all time. My extremely in depth qb legacy rating system weighs playoff body of work heavily. Brady is to the playoffs what Peyton is to the regular season, he has all the records.

So I guess RP is a libtard now? :o

it mentions how the sickness of liberalism has infected even the likes of rp, and he doesn't even know it. :(

Well of course you don't hate him then. All the people who hate him are the ones he is always beating. Sore focking losers, that's all it is

Don't hate him at all...oh, and the Packers beat him this year too.

One of the best things about football which the author clearly doesn't get, is that in addition to its entertaining aspect, is it takes my mind off the stupid-ass fighting between liberals and conservatives whenever I watch the game.

My favorite part was the bit about how even conservatives who think cheating is wrong really just don't like Brady cause of liberals!!! :cry: :lol:

In terms of deflection, its a pretty good piece of work.

In terms of deflection, its a pretty good piece of work.

honestly, if its comes out that harbaughs sour grapes caused this whole fake nonsense, will you ravens fans be ashamed of him ? Are you embarrassed and ashamed of him for not knowing the eligible receiver rules ?

And making a fool of himself over it ?

honestly, if its comes out that harbaughs sour grapes caused this whole fake nonsense, will you ravens fans be ashamed of him ? Are you embarrassed and ashamed of him for not knowing the eligible receiver rules ?

And making a fool of himself over it ?

I am really not embarrassed about anything, not sure why I would be, particularly not for the NFL who in general continues to bungle pretty much everything they do. I could care less about how the NFL discovered how the cheating was conducted, nor so I expect any Patriot fan to accept the lack of class within their team. It's really just a pointless tact to try at this point.

We already know the script, if there are any penalties it will be light, nothing can be directly proven unless someone confesses, and I cannot see that happening, so in terms of cheating, you have to admire the way they ran it...

LeBron and Calipari wish this war on success would end.

The San Antonio Spurs and San Francisco Giants do too. :rolleyes:

Which Pats fan has lost his mind the most? I thought worms was right there with drobeski but drobs really brought the full retard with his last few threads.

Which Pats fan has lost his mind the most? I thought worms was right there with drobeski but drobs really brought the full retard with his last few threads.

And claimed others should get a life.

He has gone nuts with pages of posts over 3-4 threads on the topic.

Though, worms denial is very strong.

To be fair, if it was your team you might be defensive as well, dontcha think?

his team has never been good enough to warrent defending

I can totally see how some could hate Brady...But I can't see how anyone could ever doubt or question his skill and greatness.... Is he the best ever? I don't know, maybe. He's certainly achieved what he has with basically a collection of "guys". You can make the argument Montana has a slew of all world talent around him - least of which was the greatest wr of all time in Rice.

When mentioning the all time greats many like to throw out names like Starr, Graham, Baugh, Tarkington, etc... They were great players in their time, agreed. But nobody in their right mind would ever want them in their prime over a Brady type... Brady has flourished in a game today where the rules are so heavily slanted for offense that if a defender even farts on a wr a flag is tossed... I'm not saying he's not the best - what I am saying I would of love to see what Elway and Marino could of done in a environment like today.

I am pretty sure I wouldn't post a thousand thin skinned whiny defensive posts about it like Simple Jack over here.

And claimed others should get a life.

He has gone nuts with pages of posts over 3-4 threads on the topic.

Though, worms denial is very strong.

Denial of what?

Link please? Proof?

TIA

Denial of what?

Link please? Proof?

TIA

sore loser harbaugh thinks they cheated, isn't that enough man, come on.

Denial of what?

Link please? Proof?

TIA

I answered this on the mange board and you didn't accept what I said...why would I answer it again just to have you keep denying what is actually known thus far?

Try blaming Harbaugh (oh, I see drobs already did). Maybe bring up how the Colts cried...or jealousy...or Aaron Rodgers again.

Those work great.

If those fail...pull a DrobsHawker and bring up my "job" or that Im bald.

I answered this on the mange board and you didn't accept what I said...why would I answer it again just to have you keep denying what is actually known thus far?

Try blaming Harbaugh (oh, I see drobs already did). Maybe bring up how the Colts cried...or jealousy...or Aaron Rodgers again.

Those work great.

If those fail...pull a DrobsHawker and bring up my "job" or that Im bald.

you're bald ?

Sorry man :(