Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

NFL Denies Josh Gordon's petition for reinstatement

Can't say I'm surprised. I think he can reapply sometime in the Fall but don't know if it will be different.

He really needs to figure out for himself what's important to him... marijuana / hard life / jail(?) or football / career / money. Not knowing the life he comes from makes it hard for me to understand why he can't see what the obvious answer is. Again, just hoping for the best for him.

Yeah I agree , I wonder why most don't see the truth and the answer when it's right in front of them.

Prayers is what this man needs.

Yeah I agree , I wonder why most don't see the truth and the answer when it's right in front of them.

Prayers is what this man needs.

Yes, he really needs the unconditional love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

R'amen

• Like 1

I was interested last year, not sure i can get worked up enough this year. Fall is not a lot of games but, the time away to get back in elite form and would the Browns commit to getting him the ball.

I was interested last year, not sure i can get worked up enough this year. Fall is not a lot of games but, the time away to get back in elite form and would the Browns commit to getting him the ball.

For fantasy purposes, Gordon is only viable in keeper and dynasty leagues, not re-draft.

I think he's done. Stick a fork in him. Why would the commissioner reinstate him in the fall if he wouldn't now. I don't see it happening.

He's not going to make it back, he's not worthy of any spot on any ff team.

He's not going to make it back, he's not worthy of any spot on any ff team.

I have him on my keeper team... and I'll keep him. Talent-wise, he's the best WR in the NFL. I can afford one roster spot at no real cost. Plus, he's only 26. While I agree with Maulers, the commish probably won't let him back, but he might. I have no problem keeping him on my team. I've managed my team quite well, so I can afford to give up the spot.

I have him on my keeper team... and I'll keep him. Talent-wise, he's the best WR in the NFL. I can afford one roster spot at no real cost. Plus, he's only 26. While I agree with Maulers, the commish probably won't let him back, but he might. I have no problem keeping him on my team. I've managed my team quite well, so I can afford to give up the spot.

Talent wise he is the best? Whatever you been smoking, stop

Talent wise I think he's very good, based on that alone he's worthy of a roster spot in a keeper league.

But if he's not returning then I so no need to keep him, and if you don't see him retuning then that's bad management.

And since I don't see him returning I would not keep him on any team.

What he did in Cleveland in 2013 is better than what any player I have even seen do... considering the utter garbage he was surround by. Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, and Brandon Weeden were his QB's that year. 'nuf said.

Talent wise I think he's very good, based on that alone he's worthy of a roster spot in a keeper league.

But if he's not returning then I so no need to keep him, and if you don't see him retuning then that's bad management.

And since I don't see him returning I would not keep him on any team.

Like I said, because he's cheap and I've managed my team well, I have a spot I can use to stash him. I'm fine with it. If someone else has done the same with their team, then I'd suggest that path as well. It's all circumstantial.

I think you are misreading the word Talent.

Talent, means you have the ability to do great things.

that being said, there are a lot of talented people out there who do not realize their full potential.

The kid is Talented. it even shows in the one huge season he had. His problem is that substance abuse (and possibly lack of desire) have allowed him to waste his talent so that he is not performing up to his potential.

the question here, is whether he can overcome this to realize his potential. I think he is talented. without question. it's the other issues that we need concern ourselves with.

• Like 1

I think you are misreading the word Talent.

Talent, means you have the ability to do great things.

that being said, there are a lot of talented people out there who do not realize their full potential.

The kid is Talented. it even shows in the one huge season he had. His problem is that substance abuse (and possibly lack of desire) have allowed him to waste his talent so that he is not performing up to his potential.

the question here, is whether he can overcome this to realize his potential. I think he is talented. without question. it's the other issues that we need concern ourselves with.

He said talent wise Gordon is the best. I think there hasn't been nearly enough tape to prove that at all. I have seen receivers flash for great seasons. Gordon did the same. Talent wise he isn't in the same class as Julio or OBJ.

He said talent wise Gordon is the best. I think there hasn't been nearly enough tape to prove that at all. I have seen receivers flash for great seasons. Gordon did the same. Talent wise he isn't in the same class as Julio or OBJ.

I disagree.

Julio needed 4 years to equal what Gordon did in his 2nd... and he had 3 years of Roddy White and Tony Gonzalez to help him, along with a decent QB in Matt Ryan. Also, in Julio's 6 years, he only bested Gordon's 2013 season once. I'd say what Julio did in 2014 and last year are on par with what Gordon did that season... and Gordon did it with no help from his teammates or coaching staff.

Becham's numbers are better than Gordon's (from an overall standpoint), but I'm not blind to see that coaching and surround talent are the difference makers.

Yes, Gordon has the "one" great year, but off the field problems were the reason it didn't continue, not his talent. On a team like Atlanta, Giants, or even Steelers... had he kept his wits about him, we'd be talking about him as one of the greatest all time by now. He's that talented.

FREE JOSH GORDON!!

The kid smoked weed. The league allows domestic abusers and gun felons to don a uniform and looks the other way while injured players get shot up w toradol every week - the height of hypocrisy..

FREE JOSH GORDON!!

The kid smoked weed. The league allows domestic abusers and gun felons to don a uniform and looks the other way while injured players get shot up w toradol every week - the height of hypocrisy..

I suspect there are other issues at play here.

You dont check yourself into rehab to quit weed.

it's either booze or something heavier. It wouldnt surprise me if it was booze, but I dont truly know (and those who do, likely are not talking)

Yeah I think it's more than just smoking pot. Since I believe the league isn't allowed to say what substance he failed for? I am all for removing pot from the banned substance list, but a guy who can't stop for his career, I have no sympathy

FREE JOSH GORDON!!

Tell me how many times Gordon failed a drug test (or avoided the failed test through rehab admittance)... then tell me how many players have that same amount of domestic abuse or gun charges against them that are still in the league. I'll wait... Though, I won't hold my breath.

He'll be working at the car wash soon. I know he was doing the car saleman bit for awhile.

I wonder if he failed a drug/alcohol test while being a car salesman. I mean, I know some places have mandatory testing as with the NFL. After all, I think it would be fair for those car companies to be called out for hating on people who smoke marijuana too, just like the NFL.

It's been said his primary problem is alcohol. That's what his last failed test was for. Plus, it's what he went into treatment for.

It's been said his primary problem is alcohol. That's what his last failed test was for. Plus, it's what he went into treatment for.

Yes, but all failed tests weren't alcohol related, he also did fail more than one test due to marijuana.

I truly hope he gets his act cleaned up and can find his way back into the league. His life "should" be better because of the pay check that the NFL can provide based on his talent, not to mention the impact he could have on other people in the possibility that he could inspire them to turn their lives around. All that said, he has no excuse. He willingly chose alcohol and marijuana over the NFL. No one forced him. He failed multiple tests for both vices. He's the one that has to take control of that... not society, not the government, and not the NFL, it's Josh Gordon. I hope he does it, for his sake, not anyone else's.

Addiction is a disease. What other disease would one be punished for?

Does lead poisoning from shooting yourself count?

Addiction is a disease. What other disease would one be punished for?

To some extent you are correct. But the Disease is mostly self inflicted.

There are some people who become addicted to alcohol after one or two drunks, While the percentage of those people is very very small, I'd say those people cannot be blamed for their affliction. Its mostly a genetic predisposition.

That being said, booze is legal and while addictive, most people dont become hooked without consuming an awful lot of it over a lengthy period of time. This is most likely the category Gordon falls into.

But Damn.... You could make a living playing football and make millions, or you can throw it all away to party. It surprises me how many people decide they want to party when given this choice.

To some extent you are correct. But the Disease is mostly self inflicted.

There are some people who become addicted to alcohol after one or two drunks, While the percentage of those people is very very small, I'd say those people cannot be blamed for their affliction. Its mostly a genetic predisposition.

That being said, booze is legal and while addictive, most people dont become hooked without consuming an awful lot of it over a lengthy period of time. This is most likely the category Gordon falls into.

But Damn.... You could make a living playing football and make millions, or you can throw it all away to party. It surprises me how many people decide they want to party when given this choice.

This is exactly right.

He reminds me of Josh Hamilton. He will get it together. He will have a monster year. Convince everyone he's a changed man and he's found Jesus. Then get caught doing coke off a strippers ass.

No one finds Jesus , you accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior.

He reminds me of Josh Hamilton. He will get it together. He will have a monster year. Convince everyone he's a changed man and he's found Jesus. Then get caught doing coke off a strippers ass.

Finding Jesus (or accepting him as your lord and Savior) does not guarantee that someone will stay clean.

Just ask Ted Haggard (google him if you dont know who I refer to)

If you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and repent from your sins it sure does.

You will be known by your fruit the bible says.

To say you Accept Jesus is just words, to fully and truthfully accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and to repent from your old life style is indeed a change of heart and life style.

Now a true Christian will make mistakes and sin but they don't go out of their way to do so.

The Bible clearly reads that not all that confess to accept with their mouth have with their heart, and God knows the heart.

2 Chronicles 7:14.

If you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and repent from your sins it sure does.

You will be known by your fruit the bible says.

To say you Accept Jesus is just words, to fully and truthfully accept Jesus as Lord and Savior and to repent from your old life style is indeed a change of heart and life style.

Now a true Christian will make mistakes and sin but they don't go out of their way to do so.

The Bible clearly reads that not all that confess to accept with their mouth have with their heart, and God knows the heart.

2 Chronicles 7:14.

Then explain Ted Haggard. He was a preacher.

Loved Meth and Man-Azz.

I'm pretty sure he accepted Jesus as HIS Lord and Saviour.

Bottom line is you need to be mentally tough to be able to fight off an addiction. Regardless of your faith, there are sometimes slip ups along the way.

I've not had problems with addiction (other than coffee which I did manage to successfully quit) but I'm also a member of the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Perhaps His Noodliness has helped give me strength here, but the reality is it all came down to will power.

• Like 1

I can't explain a persons heart, only God knows if he was truly a person you believed.

Not all you say they do truly do.

Matthew 7:21.

I wonder if he failed a drug/alcohol test while being a car salesman. I mean, I know some places have mandatory testing as with the NFL. After all, I think it would be fair for those car companies to be called out for hating on people who smoke marijuana too, just like the NFL.

Of all places a mandatory drug test wouldn't be required it would be a car dealership. Going unnoticed is there main goal. As far as Gordon, all the talent in the world is nothing unless the offense goes through you, like it did in 2013.

You could argue he's the most talented WR in the league. I clearly remember his MEGA year. You can't gloss over it. He was doing it for the Browns no less

He will get another shot if he keeps at it and keeps re applying.

I can't.

His 2013 season wa great, but his 2012 and the five games he played in 2014 he looked very avg.

He had a great season out of three, I can't make the argument that he is the Most talented wr in league.

I can argue that his 2013 season was great, but that's about it.