Sign in to follow this  
fanfootballtn

Poor performances in the playoffs make owners feel like this is their last time playing FF

I think the biggest hurdle to climb as the season goes on is to completely abandon "season long" rankings. That is one of the biggest skill factors left in this game. It's also something that many fantasy host sites haven't implemented into their stats sections. Sure you can check the last four weeks, but sometimes even then that's too long of a time period. Your first, second, or third round pick is no longer that any more. The playoffs are almost essentially DFS. Find the guys with the best matchups and churn the WW if possible.

When you look at a team defense like the Vikings, the first 2/3 of the season are telling people that they're a stout defense. Over the last few weeks RB's, particularly pass catching RB's, have shredded them. Injuries have certainly contributed towards that, but they're still listed as giving up the 8th fewest points to the position for the season.

A guy like Robby Anderson should hypothetically be started in almost all leagues right now. He has 2 more targets over the last four games than Antonio Brown. He has almost the same amount of fantasy points as Mike Evans in that time period.

I've seen people complain about getting burned last week by Anderson but there is no way in hell that I play him and an inexperienced QB (on a team ready to mail it in) against Belichek's Patriots. Would anybody sit Brown or Evans for Anderson?

Nothing worse then losing when you think you have the superior team. I Understand the depressing part of that. But, for every bad beat there is someone elated to win. I've lost with the best teams. I've upset the best teams with lesser squads. To be honest, talking about quitting after a bad beat is pretty lame.

I have been very lucky in championship games. Overall I am 8-2 in championship matchups. I hope that win % doesn't correct itself.

Unfortunately, it will, my friend......it will.

Now that's not being very positive.

Your winning percentage will get even higher.

Happy New Year

Unfortunately, it will, my friend......it will.

The law of averages seems to always collect. Basketball and baseball are perfect examples. Dude hits or shoots lights out for a stretch and then has a below average stretch to even it out. Paul konerko for the White Sox was perfect for that.

The law of averages seems to always collect. Basketball and baseball are perfect examples. Dude hits or shoots lights out for a stretch and then has a below average stretch to even it out. Paul konerko for the White Sox was perfect for that.

So true. I have batted just under .500 in championship FF games over 17 years. In one league, I have lost 5 consecutive championship game appearances, after winning my first.

It still takes some skill to make the post-season, but it is a crapshoot after that.

For two weeks straight, the so called studs have put up horrible numbers. All of a sudden, there is a drop off in scoring and vulture happy players step up and perform better. You've spent all year reading articles, subscribing to pay sites for fantasy football advice only to lose in the 1st and 2nd round. It doesn't matter if you had the #1 seed and undefeated. You lost because your studs were duds. Makes you question if it's worth the time invested and whether or not you should play next year. What studs are you heading to the FU thread to call out and why? :bench:

dude, everyone has bad games. That's life.

and the predictability is a lot lower this time of year because the weather may not co-operate to allow your stud to perform.

That being said, there are a lot of people out there who fall in love with their players to a point where they are too loyal.

so if you have a WR who is normally a WR2 and they play Denver and Seattle in 2 of the 3 weeks of the playoffs, your smart move might be to drop him in favor of someone who has a sweet matchup against a team that has already thrown in the towel.

come playoff time, the only players you need to be loyal to are your actual keepers (if you are in a keeper/dynasty league) All the rest really are only useful if the situation works to your advantage. And even those keepers can sit on the bench if the situation does not suit you.

by this time of year, there are lots of backup QB's who are starting, lots of starting RB's and WR's who are suddenly on the bubble because their team isn't winning.

and you know what? That trade the guy in first place made that seems to make no sense suddenly does make sense because that Low end WR1 that he traded away plays Seattle and KC in outdoor stadiums in bad weather during the playoff weeks and the high end WR2 he got in return plays Cleveland and San Fran at home in a domed stadium.... oops. suddenly the deal doesnt look bad.

that being said, the strategy come playoff time is completely different than the strategy during the regular season. You need to be more willing to put a guy on the wire to grab that player who you know will give you one big week against the opponent you face this week.

During the season, you keep the player who will give you better production long term.

If your team is crapping the bed every year in the playoffs, you need to look at what you are doing in your playoff matchups. Maybe rank a couple of players a little higher next year because their playoff schedule is sweet. Maybe you will finish fourth instead of first, but come playoff time your matchups are great and you actually have the upper hand.

anyhow with all this being said, it is also possible that you do everything right, make no mistakes (just like in a game of chess) and still lose the game. it happens sometimes.

at the end of the day, you put together a team to get into the playoffs. At that point, anything can (and does) happen. I had a team(keeper league) in a rebuilding year that squeaked into the playoffs, knocked off the first seed, and very nearly knocked off the second seed later in the playoffs. That team finished third.

no sense crying over it. you do the best you can, and the players will win it or lose it for you.

• Like 1

dude, everyone has bad games. That's life.

and the predictability is a lot lower this time of year because the weather may not co-operate to allow your stud to perform.

That being said, there are a lot of people out there who fall in love with their players to a point where they are too loyal.

so if you have a WR who is normally a WR2 and they play Denver and Seattle in 2 of the 3 weeks of the playoffs, your smart move might be to drop him in favor of someone who has a sweet matchup against a team that has already thrown in the towel.

come playoff time, the only players you need to be loyal to are your actual keepers (if you are in a keeper/dynasty league) All the rest really are only useful if the situation works to your advantage. And even those keepers can sit on the bench if the situation does not suit you.

by this time of year, there are lots of backup QB's who are starting, lots of starting RB's and WR's who are suddenly on the bubble because their team isn't winning.

and you know what? That trade the guy in first place made that seems to make no sense suddenly does make sense because that Low end WR1 that he traded away plays Seattle and KC in outdoor stadiums in bad weather during the playoff weeks and the high end WR2 he got in return plays Cleveland and San Fran at home in a domed stadium.... oops. suddenly the deal doesnt look bad.

that being said, the strategy come playoff time is completely different than the strategy during the regular season. You need to be more willing to put a guy on the wire to grab that player who you know will give you one big week against the opponent you face this week.

During the season, you keep the player who will give you better production long term.

If your team is crapping the bed every year in the playoffs, you need to look at what you are doing in your playoff matchups. Maybe rank a couple of players a little higher next year because their playoff schedule is sweet. Maybe you will finish fourth instead of first, but come playoff time your matchups are great and you actually have the upper hand.

anyhow with all this being said, it is also possible that you do everything right, make no mistakes (just like in a game of chess) and still lose the game. it happens sometimes.

at the end of the day, you put together a team to get into the playoffs. At that point, anything can (and does) happen. I had a team(keeper league) in a rebuilding year that squeaked into the playoffs, knocked off the first seed, and very nearly knocked off the second seed later in the playoffs. That team finished third.

no sense crying over it. you do the best you can, and the players will win it or lose it for you.

That's a great answer.

Before the game ended on Monday night, I was already updating my fantasy team's depth chart for next season and targeting players to acquire or potential spots to move up in the draft.

By the way, I won 1 of 2 championship in my league. Even with that, there is still a lot of stress involved in fantasy football if you are truly a competitive person. Real coaches take a break when they are fired to enjoy life with their family and do leisure activities. I'm not crying about losing. We all need a break from stressful things and if not playing fantasy football for a year or two brings me a piece of mind, what's wrong with that?

By the way, I won 1 of 2 championship in my league. Even with that, there is still a lot of stress involved in fantasy football if you are truly a competitive person. Real coaches take a break when they are fired to enjoy life with their family and do leisure activities. I'm not crying about losing. We all need a break from stressful things and if not playing fantasy football for a year or two brings me a piece of mind, what's wrong with that?

well, if it stresses you out that much, then maybe it's the right call for you.

I play because I enjoy it. I enjoy finding the one week wonder that will propel me to victory on a day when I had no business winning.

But, that being said.....at the end of the day it is only a game and if you really aren't enjoying it, then you should quit. Fantasy football is not for everyone.

No way you should be stressed over it. So many variables you cannot control. If you don't enjoy it, consider if you make enough money to continue and if not just leave it behind.

i wouldnt mind throwing all our players back in the same league and doing the draft over at half-way into a season. Pay-outs for first half and second and overall. Reverse order of drafting for the second half. Its reached the point the game is so simple a 5 minute explaination of the rules before draft is all you need.

I am going to make the championship game in the same two leagues I won last year. Not sure why it's so hard for some people. Just need superior skillz I guess.

Oh did you beat my mock draft team? Let me know what my record was.

Oh did you beat my mock draft team? Let me know what my record was.

I was making light of how hard it is to win. Just joking around....