Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Corey Clement - Smart Swap before He is Gone

Do you have a James White you never going to use? Or a Sammy Watkins you never can trust?

Lottery pickup Corey Clement before the game if your WW allows.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/eagles-jay-ajayi-corey-clement-running-back-rotation-snap-count-20171117.html

Read the local spotlight about him and it might just change your mind.

• Like 1

I was very surprise to see Barner on that drive, was fully expecting Clement to be at that spot. Maybe there was a mix up? I doubt you see Barner getting another run again.

I fully expect Clement to get close to 50% of the snap by end game tho and second in carry

I was very surprise to see Barner on that drive, was fully expecting Clement to be at that spot. Maybe there was a mix up? I doubt you see Barner getting another run again.

I fully expect Clement to get close to 50% of the snap by end game tho and second in carry

yah bud, not even close

Ajayi is their best back

Blount is their pounder

Clement is their gadget

Barner is to F us

Clement had a good game.....has some talent.

However, this backfield is a full-fledged cluster right now.

Do you have a James White you never going to use? Or a Sammy Watkins you never can trust?

Lottery pickup Corey Clement before the game if your WW allows.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/eagles-jay-ajayi-corey-clement-running-back-rotation-snap-count-20171117.html

Read the local spotlight about him and it might just change your mind.

I was all over this the week Smallwood got hurt. I had to drop him for a player when Ajai was traded for. Luckily nobody grabbed him. I picked him right back up last week on their bye. I dumped Gillisee

yah bud, not even close

Ajayi is their best back

Blount is their pounder

Clement is their gadget

Barner is to F us

I would change this way.

Ajayi - Early Down Back

Blount - Short Yardage and Early Down Back

Clement - Passing Down Back

Barner - Special Teamer and Backup Back

Basically, Ajayi and Blount will each fight over the 20 touches on early down runs. Clement should get 5 to 10 of passing down runs and good chance for catching some passes.

In addition, they really like him in the red zone, which Clement earned it. He have 6 red zone TDs on 11 red zone touches. He is top 5 in that category, every other RBs above him in TDs average more than 40 touches in red zone.

Here are the break down for this game on snap counts, I was totally wrong btw. However, from the coach, the game script was commit to the run.

Blount: 47%

Clement: 30%

Ajayi: 20%

Barner: 3%

Ajayi had one run of 71 yards and then 6 att for 20 yards.

I wouldn't want to count on any of them as a starter, and even as a flex start going forward.

Why did Philly give anything for Ajayi?

Because for them it is not fantasy football. Things will work out on their side of the trade.

Because for them it is not fantasy football. Things will work out on their side of the trade.

Correct, there is never enough good players on a team. If you can get one for cheap, you take it. Oh btw, Miami used a 5th round for Ajayi and gotten a 4th round back. So they didn't loss much.

Anytime you have a playoff team, a key area could go down, and you are F. Look at Greenbay, they drafted a million RBs and still not enough.

So why so quiet on the Clement front?

I see other RBBC backs ranked way higher like Booker, Burkhead/Lewis, Eckeler, Henry, McKinnon, etc.

I don't get it. Clement has been an end zone magnet, and he's on the best team in the league. What gives?

So why so quiet on the Clement front?

I see other RBBC backs ranked way higher like Booker, Burkhead/Lewis, Eckeler, Henry, McKinnon, etc.

I don't get it. Clement has been an end zone magnet, and he's on the best team in the league. What gives?

Probably the fact that there are 4 viable and healthy RB's on this squad currently. That's enough to curb enthusiasm.

I gave him high consideration as one of this week's WW/FA adds. But here are his touch counts since appearing on the scene in wk3:

6-10-8-2-2-10-13-bye-6.

I gave him high consideration as one of this week's WW/FA adds. But here are his touch counts since appearing on the scene in wk3:

6-10-8-2-2-10-13-bye-6.

Not all opportunity are created equal. Red zone and screen pass give you much higher FF point per touch than running straight into the line aka what Blount gives you.

Not all opportunity are created equal. Red zone and screen pass give you much higher FF point per touch than running straight into the line aka what Blount gives you.

That's what I'm seeing. And you only need a handful of touches to be valuable, when most of them are resulting in TDs.

On this high scoring offense, the guy getting the ball in the red zone is arguably more valuable than the guys getting it between the 20s.

I.e. Clement arguably > Ajayi or Blount

Probably the fact that there are 4 viable and healthy RB's on this squad currently. That's enough to curb enthusiasm.

It's 4 RBs but Ajayi/Blount are really just the same guy - pounders between the 20s. Clement is the GL and passing downs back. Barner was a fluke to steal that TD, he's really more return man.

If....and I'm not sure but IF....Clement gets passing downs and most GL, then to me, he's a solid RB2.

I've got him in now over McKinnon, Henry, and Eckeler.

Currently in first place locked in and nothing to play for until week 15 woukd you drop any of the below for him or Burkhead

Roster is

Kamara Coleman Mixon Ekeler Booker

Antonio

Hopkins

Rishard Mathews

Hogan

Corey Davis

Corey Coleman

Currently in first place locked in and nothing to play for until week 15 woukd you drop any of the below for him or Burkhead

Roster is

Kamara Coleman Mixon Ekeler Booker

Antonio

Hopkins

Rishard Mathews

Hogan

Corey Davis

Corey Coleman

I don't like Brooker, he is in a bad offense, sharing snaps with CJ and Charles. I just don't see how he can breakout.

Everyone else you have is either the feature or in a great offense. You need to at least have one of those.

Ugh I just picked up Booker do you think I should hold with what I have

I did look at Phillys schedule 15 and 16 and it does look good don't know if I could pull the trigger on Clement though unless there is injury

Ugh I just picked up Booker do you think I should hold with what I have

I did look at Phillys schedule 15 and 16 and it does look good don't know if I could pull the trigger on Clement though unless there is injury

Yea I can understand how valuable RBs are. Since I see you have Rishard and Corey. You can always just drop Corey too, holding two Titans receivers is a little too much.

I can give you many more WRs breakout sleepers than RBs. Mike Williams, Chester Rogers, Kenny Golladay, and Zay Jones just to name a few.

Would you drop Davis or Mathews or stick with what I have?

Thanks for the advice

You have two sleepers in Coleman and Hogan. I just don't see when you will ever use Davis. Mathews have been out performing Davis without question. I would drop Davis for Clement.

You like Clement more than Burkhead or McKissic?

Idk now. I do but I'd be going against all the flex rankings I can find.

So hard to trust Burkhead.

McKissic could end up with 30 yards rushing and receiving. I'd rather flex Paul Richardson or Lockett from that offense.

Booker is another one ranked higher, but Denver can't run either.

Clement is in the best offense, with the best OL, out of the RBBC choices.

How can anyone start Clement when he probably gets less than 10touches?

How can anyone start Clement when he probably gets less than 10touches?

Upside and/or desperation. Looks like you have to start either Lewis or Booker. Either of them would get about 10 touches or less too.

Upside and/or desperation. Looks like you have to start either Lewis or Booker. Either of them would get about 10 touches or less too.

Exactly - desperation and upside. Desperation of a DJ and Zeke owner in two leagues. All my options are RBBC guys.

Why go with a RBBC guy from a bad OL - McKissic or Booker - when Clement has the better OL and more scoring potential?

Lewis I'm playing in one league but Burkhead in the other may be benched. I think Clement has more of a known role now than Burkhead.

Smart, comparing Clement with my Lewis/Booker, and you have made a good point. I do believe both Lewis and Booker are more like 12- 15 touch guys now, but like you or someone else said, Clements touches are more valuable getting a five yard gain near the goal line rather than Lewis or Booker getting a five yard gain at midfield.

Last game though: Booker 19 touches, Lewis 14, Clement 6 (this number makes me nervous)

But your rebuttal should be: last game: Lewis 14.8, Clement 13.4, Booker 9.6 (even with 19touches)

You got me interested Challenger. Preach on.....

Okay Challenger....I was bored today so I cut my second defense and picked up your heart throb, Clement. You made some good points so I decided to pick him up to watch him closely this week. He is now my number 15 player which means he can be the first one cut next week, so lets see. I see Dede has become available so I may try to get him with Clement, but still undecided. My WRs are all mediocre.

Would need to get rid of Corey Davis, Hogan, or Rishard Mathews

Those are all WRs. How many WRs do you have and how many can you play each week?

If you are weak at RB, then you have to weigh that.

Running backs are

Kamara

Coleman

Mixon

Booker

Ekeler

Receivers are

Antonio Brown

Hopkins

Hogan

Richard Mathews

Corey Davis

Corey Coleman

Play 2 receivers 2 backs and a flex

Well, Clement is just another fill in which you already have three of - Coleman, Booker, Ekeler. Mixon is a useless starter because he is runn8ng behind the worst OL in the nfl and the head coach is not very smart. You are pretty weak at RB but Clement is a 10 touch guy at most, but he can get you a td more than Booker and Ekeler and maybe even Coleman. If you only play two, why would you play Clement over Coleman? You can play him over Ek, Mixon, and Booker (Assuming he is in a time share too). But if Booker is the man, then you don’t need Clement that much. You should never play three RBs given your fine WRs.

As for your WRs, Brown and Hopkins are given. All the other guys are very good, although a few are a a bit dinged. Coleman is a beast so he easily is your number three with Hogan and Matthews dinged. Corey Davis has four weeks of an easy schedule so he may come on strong.

Bottom line: I would not pick up Clement because he is superfluous on your team. But if you wanted another RB just to have another option each week, then cut either Matthews or Davis. They play on the same team so you would never play both. Which one is the better one is your call. Davis has a higher upside but he is a rookie and still learning. Matthews is already pretty decent.