Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Oh good lord, they're protesting Peter Rabbit

When the peanut allergy crazy hit Doctors told parents to avoid Peanut Butter for small children. Years later they found that this was increasing the problem.

For years, parents were told that babies and peanut butter just don't mix. In fact, it was common practice to hold off introducing any nuts, including peanut butter, until kids were 3 years old. Research on the timing of introducing peanuts has had conflicting results. However, a large study in Israel, where peanuts are often introduced when babies are less than 4 months old, found that early introduction of peanut protein actually decreases the risk of developing a peanut allergy. Some studies have also found that in non-allergic expecting mothers, eating peanuts while pregnant may reduce the risk of a peanut allergy for children.

https://www.verywellfamily.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-babies-and-peanut-butter-290127

That's not us either. My daughter's peanut and tree nut allergy manifested when she was four years old. Prior to that she was eating peanut butter and other foods with nuts in them. We were all watching Olympics coverage yesterday when a commercial involving or advertising some brand of peanut butter came on. My daughter mentioned how she remembered how peanut butter tasted and how good it was. Sucks.

Will this hurt black Panthers rotton tomatoes score?

That's not us either. My daughter's peanut and tree nut allergy manifested when she was four years old. Prior to that she was eating peanut butter and other foods with nuts in them. We were all watching Olympics coverage yesterday when a commercial involving or advertising some brand of peanut butter came on. My daughter mentioned how she remembered how peanut butter tasted and how good it was. Sucks.

That study that baker boy posted is a few years old. I had read it prior and took its information to heart. We introduced peanut butter to my daughter extremely early and continued giving it to her every week right up until she had her first allergic reaction, which i believe was around her first birthday.

My daughter also had eczema starting at 5-6 months, this is correlated with a higher risk of allergies which is why my wife and I decided to introduce her to peanut butter at such an early age.

So, no kidding, one of the theories is that children aren't getting enough sunlight thus not producing enough vitamin D. Vitamin D is one of the things that helps the body determine what's a true allergen and what is not.

This would help explain children who suddenly develop peanut allergies after years of tolerating them just fine.

And there is no shortage of evidence that children are not getting outside enough these days.

Should probably make your wife breastfeed out in the sunlight just to cover all your bases.

I have a 10 year old daughter who was breast fed and who has allergies to peanuts and tree nuts. I don't think that's it. It's no laughing matter when a little kid can go anaphylactic because of exposure to a substance that's innocuous to most of the rest of us. It's not a joke and shouldn't be treated as a joke. It's also not a question of being a snowflake. It's simply a question of the body's response or overreaction to an allergan that the person has no control over whatsoever.

And over 52000 children are abandoned by their parents every year. It's not a joke. I guess we should probably start burning our copies of Finding Dory too.

Over half a dozen children have suffered serious injuries when they try to ride their mothers throw rug off of the roof of their house. Calls to ban the movie Aladdin have gone largely unheeded.

Each year over 9000 people are sickened by plant-based e.coli. Yes inexplicably the movie Popeye has been allowed to propagate the myth that spinach is good for you.

Man, we got our work cut out for us.

• Like 1

That study that baker boy posted is a few years old. I had read it prior and took its information to heart. We introduced peanut butter to my daughter extremely early and continued giving it to her every week right up until she had her first allergic reaction, which i believe was around her first birthday.

My daughter also had eczema starting at 5-6 months, this is correlated with a higher risk of allergies which is why my wife and I decided to introduce her to peanut butter at such an early age.

It would not surprise me to learn that lack of exposure to allergens at an early age is directly correlated to such allergies later in life. That just makes sense.

Also I'm fascinated by immune-related problems, because our family has had so many. We have a history of psoriasis on both sides of our family (thankfully went away for me and my son in our teens/20s. I also had a lot of allergies as a kid. My daughter's Type 1 diabetes, treated as an endocrine disease but is brought on by the immune system. If I were to become a doctor I would go into that field. I truly believe that there are a bunch of interrelated diseases which we are incorrectly treating in vacuums. :cheers:

ETA: Duh, I forgot to mention that eczema is an autoimmune-related disease.

My daughter's high school has been declared a "Nut-free zone" due to one girl's peanut allergy. Also, no nuts are allowed on the sports' buses even though she is not currently in a sport. Bring a peanut butter sammich on the bus? You're off the bus for the rest of the season. Also, also, she works in a pizza parlor where they serve pesto and sell peanut-cluster candies among other things. :wall:

My daughter's high school has been declared a "Nut-free zone" due to one girl's peanut allergy. Also, no nuts are allowed on the sports' buses even though she is not currently in a sport. Bring a peanut butter sammich on the bus? You're off the bus for the rest of the season. Also, also, she works in a pizza parlor where they serve pesto and sell peanut-cluster candies among other things. :wall:

But but if skoolz are nut free, wut about all dem loony Libruhl teachers?

Is this that same Peter that goes hoppin' down the bunny trail? If so, fock him. He's an ass hole. :mad:

That's Peter Cottontail, who I think is different, but point taken. :thumbsup:

Your wife breastfeeds me too, but she isn't trying to wean me.

You're trying to ween her.

And do. :dunno:

Thats more Americans than have ever been killed by foreign refugees.

Did you see what happened in Bowling Green?

And over 52000 children are abandoned by their parents every year. It's not a joke. I guess we should probably start burning our copies of Finding Dory too.

Over half a dozen children have suffered serious injuries when they try to ride their mothers throw rug off of the roof of their house. Calls to ban the movie Aladdin have gone largely unheeded.

Each year over 9000 people are sickened by plant-based e.coli. Yes inexplicably the movie Popeye has been allowed to propagate the myth that spinach is good for you.

Whew lad, these are great analogies.

I'm not reading two pages of this but I guess my first question is why they felt a need to work this into the script of a kids movie?

It would not surprise me to learn that lack of exposure to allergens at an early age is directly correlated to such allergies later in life. That just makes sense.

Also I'm fascinated by immune-related problems, because our family has had so many. We have a history of psoriasis on both sides of our family (thankfully went away for me and my son in our teens/20s. I also had a lot of allergies as a kid. My daughter's Type 1 diabetes, treated as an endocrine disease but is brought on by the immune system. If I were to become a doctor I would go into that field. I truly believe that there are a bunch of interrelated diseases which we are incorrectly treating in vacuums. :cheers:

ETA: Duh, I forgot to mention that eczema is an autoimmune-related disease.

Theres data that suggests our gut microbiome is the culprit - the microorganisms with which we coexist. https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2016/09/404071/newborn-gut-microbiome-predicts-later-allergy-and-asthma-study-finds

Add me to those who believe we live in a far too sterile environment - less breastfeeding, less outdoor exposure, more antimicrobial soaps, etc. And a highly processed diet probably compounds the problem by further altering our resident flora.

Popeye ate canned spinach. No one has ever gotten e.coli from canned spinach. Phail. :(

Theres some data that suggests our gut microbiome is the culprit - the microorganisms with which we coexist. https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2016/09/404071/newborn-gut-microbiome-predicts-later-allergy-and-asthma-study-finds

Add me to those who believe we live in a far too sterile environment - less breastfeeding, less outdoor exposure, more antimicrobial soaps, etc. And a highly processed diet probably compounds the problem by further altering our resident flora.

Completely agree. Though there is one thing that I hate to touch, well two. First the kitchen sink. Even worse is the drain. I just imagine all the e coli, salmanila, and other nasty bacteria focking, creating a super bacteria that soap won't wash off. I can't stand when someone dumps produce into the sink to rinse off

I'm not reading two pages of this but I guess my first question is why they felt a need to work this into the script of a kids movie?

That was my reaction. What idiot thinks up a food allergy to thwart an enemy in a kids show?

That was my reaction. What idiot thinks up a food allergy to thwart an enemy in a kids show?

Well the first version involved calling a Priest...🤐

I kinda got out of ISS one time because I ate peanut butter cake at school and had to go home early #anaphlacticlivesmatter

I kinda got out of ISS one time because I ate peanut butter cake at school and had to go home early #anaphlacticlivesmatter

Wow. I would have thought it would be a lot harder to get out of ISIS.