Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Look-Alike Players 2013: Stevan Ridley vs. DeMarco Murray

25 members have voted

1. 1. Redraft: Ridley or Murray?

• Stevan Ridley
    • DeMarco Murray

It's time for another summer of Look-Alike Player threads...if you're new to the Board, every two days during the summer, I will try to post a thread that lists two players who are very close in value in redraft situations. Simply vote for the player you feel should be drafted first and then add comments about your selection if you would like.

This is non-PPR for Look-Alike matchups that involve RBs, WRs, or TEs. Just standard point for every 10 yards and 6 for TDs.

The first Look-Alike Matchup for this summer is: Stevan Ridley vs. DeMarco Murray

Well matched pair. I will go against the grain and pick DeMarco Murray. DM has been an injury magnet his entire career so there is risk in choosing him. I'll take him because he is an every down back and the only real show in town. I'll take a back that is going to be on the field in every situation on a high powered offense. Although this is not PPR Ridley's value is decreased because he will come off the field in 3rd down and some short yardage situations. After being knocked out cold in the Super Bowl he has some injury concerns. I also like that you can get Murray's handcuff at the very end of draft just to be safe.

Good pairing here. I'll take Ridley with the hopes of an increased emphasis on the run with big the changes in the receiving core. I know he will split time some, but I expect him to get the bulk of GL carries.

I will own Ridley in many leagues this year with what I perceive as good value currently. I just hope he doesn't sneak up the board at draft time.

Ridley. Patriots are going to be more dependent on the ground game this year. I do think we're going to see more of Vereen but Woodhead is gone, so I think Ridley still gets plenty of carries and has a chance to match his production from last year.

The X factor is Gronkowski, as Ridley performed much better when Gronk was out there blocking than without Gronk.

In non-PPR, you have to go Ridley here. Even if Murray plays all 16 games by miracle, he would struggle to match Ridley's totals for the season.

The way I see it, the upside for Ridley is around 1300-1400 Rushing yards, 10-15 TD, 10-20 catches, and 75-150 yards.

For Murray, I see around the same yardage as his upside, but not nearly as many TDs. 3 TDs in the last 5 games in 2012 was nice, but I just don't see the consistent opportunities with Witten and Bryant commanding passes in the Red Zone. Sure, Ridley has Gronk to contend with, but not too many others to steal Red Zone looks.

Give me Ridley over Murray. He has the better O-line. An offense that likes to run in the redzone. And he doesn't hurt himself when he sneezes.

I wouldn't mind either as a RB2 though.

I'll go with the majority here and take Ridley also.. Pats gonna run more IMO, Better O line, less injury concerns, ppr or not he is my choice by a good margin

DeMarco reminds me of Steven Jackson. He his big and powerful for a running back but always get hurt. I'd rather take Ridley because he is the safe pick.

I'll go with D Murray. I like the Cowboys offense this year.

Whenever Ridley's name comes up the first thing I think about is the shot he took in the SB.

I'll go with D Murray. I like the Cowboys offense this year.

Whenever Ridley's name comes up the first thing I think about is the shot he took in the SB.

The shot he took to drown his sorrows after the Ravens beat the Niners? ;)

The shot he took to drown his sorrows after the Ravens beat the Niners? ;)

I obviously know exactly how he must've felt.

I've got Ridley (#15) over Murray (#21) largely in part due to Murray's injury risk. As others have noted, Ridley's value take's a bit of hit in PPR leagues... he posted 1263 rushing yards last season but only 6 receptions.

When I go back and look at Murray's highlight reel from 2011 (although limited) and his college tape from OU I see a running back that has everything. He has all the moves in the books and runs with power plus speed. The scary thing about him is that he runs violently into contact and that might increases his injury concerns.

Last year I remember him coming out strong against NYG and thinking he was going to be a steal for the guy that drafted him. He was absolutely pounding Balt in teh first half of the game where he suffered his foot injury. Murray is a guy that IF he stays healthy could be a stud. Just like DMC some of these guys that look good on highlight films just can't put it together for an entire season. I'll be rolling the dice if he falls to me at the beginning of the 3rd round.