Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Chargers at Chiefs: In-Game Discussion

Oh that looked like the same run to the left they killed them on before but they threw right and it was wide open.

That's so impressive. They lost the turnover battle and still won against an 11-2 team on the road. If the turnovers go the other way, its a rout.

What a great game from Rivers, really masterful throws there. Had him and D Will going, in great shape now.

I stopped watching at 28-14 b/c my fantasy championship dreams were being crushed (Have Rivers, Allen, Butkicker against his Damien Williams). Guess I missed out on a good finish.

Chargers have to be ranked #2 in the NFL behind the Saints after this win. Some might put them ahead of the Saints.

So, does this mean that KC balls out next week @Seattle?

So, does this mean that KC balls out next week @Seattle?

Seattle is probably the 3rd best team in the NFL right now so I'd pick the Chiefs to lose.

Going into TNF, I had K Allen as the #2 consensus WR and J Bosa as a top 10 IDP. In our league scoring, they were "projected" to get 30 points. They got 1. Combined.

Think I'll lose?

:D

:wall:

:cry:

Glad I went to sleep, seems to be the motivation Jackson needed for a saving TD (Gordon still killing me though, with only 20 pts from his replacement in two games so far...hope he plans on making up for it in weeks 16/17).

This is great for Bolts fans but lets review an issue thats now cropped up: If we HOPE to be spared from NE reaching another Super Bowl then we must pray that either The Chiefs or Chargers get the #1 seed. That will mean the SB trip does NOT have to go through Foxboro where everything goes the Pats way. So, I actually wanted KC to win this game only to help lock up homefield for KC. This is important stuff here.

Now that KC lost this game and has to go to Seattle next week.... ehhh.... The Bolts and/or Chiefs had BETTER win out and lock up home field. Or, The Steelers have to beat NE this weekend to keep them out of the top seed. Ya'll know what I mean here, right? The world wants a different team from the AFC in the SB to make it watchable.

wow the referees continue to be putrid. Trying time and time to gift the game to the Chefs.

This is great for Bolts fans but lets review an issue thats now cropped up: If we HOPE to be spared from NE reaching another Super Bowl then we must pray that either The Chiefs or Chargers get the #1 seed. That will mean the SB trip does NOT have to go through Foxboro where everything goes the Pats way. So, I actually wanted KC to win this game only to help lock up homefield for KC. This is important stuff here.

Now that KC lost this game and has to go to Seattle next week.... ehhh.... The Bolts and/or Chiefs had BETTER win out and lock up home field. Or, The Steelers have to beat NE this weekend to keep them out of the top seed. Ya'll know what I mean here, right? The world wants a different team from the AFC in the SB to make it watchable.

The Patriots' winning Super Bowl XLIX of 2015 currently holds the title of most watched ever with 114.4 million viewers tuning in on NBC. That game delivered a 39.1 rating among the key demo.

Thank God I decided to bench Aaron Jones for Damien Williams at the last second last night. Williams put up great numbers

I wonder if the league will fine the defender that smashed Rivers in the helmet late in the game?? That was definitely a penalty for helmet to helmet, and I don't know how they missed that!!

Hell of a game, but what a time for K. Allen to post a goose egg. All but screws my chances for winning my fantasy game

Really didn't think it looked that bad on the diving TD catch, never would have thought you would sit the rest of the game

Man, The 4th quarter was nothing but Ref's controlling the game with bad calls to make up for missed calls. Something tells me Ref's had a meeting about PI /Holding calls last week and their gonna screw up a lot of games this weekend. Think I'll put down some $$$ taking the points and betting overs this week to make up for all the playoff loses I'm bound to have....

I mean if you called the hit to Rivers they get the ball on the 7 yd line 1st and ten with 24 sec left?, but they trade that for a PI call in the endzone for a 1st and goal on the 1..... Andy Reid should of called a 2nd time out since KC was in complete shock over the PI call that wasn't...

I wonder if the league will fine the defender that smashed Rivers in the helmet late in the game?? That was definitely a penalty for helmet to helmet, and I don't know how they missed that!!

worst part of it, he hit him when he was down

worst part of it, he hit him when he was down

Yep. Should've been a flag for that even if he hadn't had the helmet to helmet hit.

Rivers had the worst case of happy feet I've ever seen to start this game. Both the INT's he had were direct result of throwing off his back foot and not stepping into the throw. Dude really settled down at the end and made some big-cojones style plays.

About the helmet to helmet hit. It should have been called, but I'm glad it wasn't. We forget we have the benefit of slow-motion. That was flat out a bang-bang play. Rivers took off, started going down, his knee hit then BAM came the hit. But the initial guy who hit Rivers caused him to fall to his right, When the defender that hit him with the helmet started going for the tackle, Rivers was still upright and a runner and the defender would have been going at his mid-section with his shoulder and head to the side. Rivers head just happened to fall in to that path. These guys, particularly LBs-Safeties-DBs weigh 200-260 lbs and all run in the 4.4-5.0 second range in the 40 yrd dash. They all have incredible acceleration. And all of them are subject to the laws of physics and cannot stop on a dime, particularly with your head out in front of your shoulders as you lower to hit. Without the benefit of looking at it slowed down, it's just a play that happens and no matter what you do, until you take the helmets off or start using flags for tackling, you cannot legislate it out the game.

Seattle is probably the 3rd best team in the NFL right now so I'd pick the Chiefs to lose.

So you go...

1. SD

2. NO

3. SEA

???

Interesting.

So you go...

1. SD

2. NO

3. SEA

???

Interesting.

Yeah. At some point, most of the pundits and experts lost all ability to grade NFL teams. The top 3 today are the Chargers, Saints and Seahawks but the media is filled with talking heads trying to bring attitude instead of analyze the game. We have experts like Steven A. who think Hunter Henry is still playing lol.

At this point you have a lot of teams with huge holes but those 3 are just about complete teams right now. Chiefs have no D. Rams have bad D. Bears have bad offense. Patriots have a mediocre D and Brady is starting to look cooked. Steelers are bad outside of Big Ben and the WRs. Texans secondary is terrible otherwise they would be up there. Cowboys would be up there but I cannot trust Dak Prescott yet.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Super Bowl is Chargers vs Seahawks. And the Chiefs get them both in back to back weeks lol.

People arn't paying attention to the the Seahawks. The Legion of Boom is gone but the kids stepped up to replace them. Safety Bradley McDougald is probably an all-pro back there. Their pass rush kinda came out of nowhere with Frank Clark at 10 sacks and What-the-Hell-Man Jarran Reed disrupting everything as the 2nd round pick has verrrrrrrry quietly turned into maybe the best interior rush lineman in the NFL who can stuff the run too. They are getting Doug Baldwin back on offense. They are 8-5, won 4 in a row, I see them winning out and finishing 11-5.

Cowboys are in big trouble because they currently are lined up to draw Seattle in the first round and the Seahawks will beat them. Then Seattle will probably play the Saints which will be pretty juicy.

Yeah. At some point, most of the pundits and experts lost all ability to grade NFL teams. The top 3 today are the Chargers, Saints and Seahawks but the media is filled with talking heads trying to bring attitude instead of analyze the game. We have experts like Steven A. who think Hunter Henry is still playing lol.

At this point you have a lot of teams with huge holes but those 3 are just about complete teams right now. Chiefs have no D. Rams have bad D. Bears have bad offense. Patriots have a mediocre D and Brady is starting to look cooked. Steelers are bad outside of Big Ben and the WRs. Texans secondary is terrible otherwise they would be up there. Cowboys would be up there but I cannot trust Dak Prescott yet.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Super Bowl is Chargers vs Seahawks. And the Chiefs get them both in back to back weeks lol.

I don't have a "favorite" or "home-state" team. However, I love football, and have played/watched it for as long as I can remember. Basically, I consider my opinion unbiased.

I don't care much for the Patriots. I would rather not see them in another SB. Nevertheless, as much as I hate to admit it, as a football guy, there is no denying that they will prolly be there. They are healthy, well-coached, have the addition of Gordon, Gronk is getting back to normal, have an adequate defense, and have 3 very capable backs. Don't underestimate the tenacity and talent of Brady. I despised the guy for years....but finally, following the greatest SB comeback that will ever occur against the Falcons (which i was rooting for Atlanta), I finally had to admit that he was the greatest of all time.

Forget fantasy #'s and forget Mahomie (who could be the next GOAT), Wilson, Goff and Rivers.......these guys can't hold Brady's jockstrap. Brady/Belichick will guide the ship into it's yearly port, even if it pains me to admit it.

At this point you have a lot of teams with huge holes but those 3 are just about complete teams right now. Chiefs have no D. Rams have bad D.

Where did you have LAR and HOU a week ago?

I don't have a "favorite" or "home-state" team. However, I love football, and have played/watched it for as long as I can remember. Basically, I consider my opinion unbiased.

I don't care much for the Patriots. I would rather not see them in another SB. Nevertheless, as much as I hate to admit it, as a football guy, there is no denying that they will prolly be there. They are healthy, well-coached, have the addition of Gordon, Gronk is getting back to normal, have an adequate defense, and have 3 very capable backs. Don't underestimate the tenacity and talent of Brady. I despised the guy for years....but finally, following the greatest SB comeback that will ever occur against the Falcons (which i was rooting for Atlanta), I finally had to admit that he was the greatest of all time.

Forget fantasy #'s and forget Mahomie (who could be the next GOAT), Wilson, Goff and Rivers.......these guys can't hold Brady's jockstrap. Brady/Belichick will guide the ship into it's yearly port, even if it pains me to admit it.

Nah the Super Bowl Patriots teams grade out as being better than this one. I think this is a Pats team that gets knocked out in the playoffs.

Where did you have LAR and HOU a week ago?

Well they both have pretty big defensive problems. That isn't changing so I don't see them making it.

Luck exposed the garbage HOU secondary so...the book should be out on them now. HOU might slump down the stretch.

I'm not sure the Rams d is bad. Now that Talib is healthy there secondary is playing well, and they pressure the QB as well as anyone. Their run d certainly isn't great but that's the only part I'd say isn't on par with the great defenses.

Seahawks are much better than I pegged them to be.

I wouldnt say a top 3 team though. No way.

On the road in the playoffs they will lose 1st round.

Rivers is a damned good QB and is on the same level as Brady, talent -wise. Mahomes and the othrs are to young yet to compare but Rivers is a Tier-1 QB and there isnt any argument about it. Football is a team sport and teams win rings, not just QBs. That goes for all QBs throughout the course of history. Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman, Manning, etc never won anything by themselves. Period.

Nah the Super Bowl Patriots teams grade out as being better than this one. I think this is a Pats team that gets knocked out in the playoffs.

Could be. At least they will likely have to go on the road for a key playoff game versus the usual automatic bye week & home field red carpet that they get every year.

Seahawks are much better than I pegged them to be.

I wouldnt say a top 3 team though. No way.

On the road in the playoffs they will lose 1st round.

Their defense was a question mark but its really come around. They have a legit QB, a running game that is working, an excellent pass rush, good linebackers, an all pro safety in MacDougald. The rest of the secondary is questionable but it might get masked in a playoff game by everything else. They've also got some very good special teams that have made huge plays all year.

What the Seahawks DON'T have....is any kind of hype whatsoever. But its a complete team and worthy of being called 3rd best in the NFL imo.

Rams, Saints, Pats, Chargers, and Chiefs are all better than the Seahawks. They are a well coached scrappy team with a very good QB, but the talent isn't on par with the aforementioned