191 replies to this topic

#161 ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,373 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

Rivero was very nearly selected by the Cubs at 2.2

brief consideration was apparently given to Iglesias because of the SP eligibility but "the Reds suck too much, i'd rather grab a closer on a first place team"  :dunno:

I considered Rivero, but I have a glut of relievers and needed help at starter.

Republicans are red, Democrats are blue

Neither one of them gives a f*ck about you

#162 lambert58

lambert58

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:55 PM

I was torn between Sonny Gray and Cosart. Took into consideration that Gray could only help me every 5 days and Cosart could every day. Hoping if he gets traded it is to Colorado!!
"I'll post in a lambert thread - not a gfiafp one" - Tommy Gavin

#163 GuardBum

GuardBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:59 AM

I was close to grabbing Hamilton.  If I would have been able to trade for 2B (read put more time into trying) I would have taken him instead of Harrison.

Mookz did a great job of transforming his team.

Good job by all.  We didn't get anywhere near needing a clock.  Go pick up those players.  Second half begins tomorrow night.

I'm just a nobody, don't mind me.
GBBraves GuardBluem Jays - Homer Baseball

#164 ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,373 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:27 PM

I was close to grabbing Hamilton.  If I would have been able to trade for 2B (read put more time into trying) I would have taken him instead of Harrison.

Good job by all.  We didn't get anywhere near needing a clock.  Go pick up those players.  Second half begins tomorrow night.

I should have all the second basemen in the world, but Turner is out for who knows how much longer and Kipnis is on the shelf with a bad wheel. Once I get one of them back I will have a spare now that I have a third baseman other than Ramirez.

#165 lambert58

lambert58

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

#166 lambert58

lambert58

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

I have a bunch of second basemen I would like to flip for a reliever. Check out my roster if you are interested.

#167 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

At some point I'm going to have a plethora of really good outfielders. Problem is I'm in love with all of them :D

But I could be persuaded to part with one for a difference maker. My biggest needs being SS and SP

Stuck in the process.....

#168 shotsup

shotsup

FF Geek

• Members
  • 28,325 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

This was a very long week and Mookz team made a huge comeback. I had a pretty big lead by the end of the "first week". And sure enough he made a comeback and I lost yet another week.

Congrats
“It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.”
~George Burns

#169 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

the fock is going on.  Between my piss poor management not realizing sucre wasnt starting tonight and lomo was dinged up, then Hellickson gets scratched from his start and Robbie Ray gets injured after 1.2 innings... better not be serious or that trade was a waste.  Rays also blowing stupid games...

here comes the Deviled Rays free fall. 

OH, SWELL

Robbie Ray was forced to leave Friday's game against the Cardinals after taking a Luke Voit line drive off of his head.

Advice: Ray appeared to remain conscious during the ordeal. He was moved to a sitting position before being loaded onto a cart to be driven off the field. He was also able to wave to the crowd on his way out. He'll head for further evaluation. Expect an update on his status from the Diamondbacks later in the evening.

#170 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

....annnnd..... an exclusive SP (Hellickson) gets traded to the Orioles  :mad:   Not that hes some world beater but all those little moves sting in the Homers league

#171 cmh6476

cmh6476

FF Geek

• Members
  • 45,363 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

Not a good week to play me :banana:

#Royals

#172 shotsup

shotsup

FF Geek

• Members
  • 28,325 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

Bye bye Duda

Most HRs in Citifield history
“It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.”
~George Burns

#173 GuardBum

GuardBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:19 AM

Sanchez blisters and DL again.  4th time this season. There has got to be a change with the baseballs.  This is stupid.

Sup pick Harrison is now hurt.  Tulo (shocker) hurt again.  Knew I needed that SS/2B combo guy.  Can't expect much from Goins but at least the little guy goes out and plays.

Price also out again like starting the season.

ugh

#174 Mookz

Mookz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

....annnnd..... an exclusive SP (Hellickson) gets traded to the Orioles  :mad:   Not that hes some world beater but all those little moves sting in the Homers league

Beckham too.  Great and all for next year, but gives me fewer options this year.   <_<

Now I'd really be focked at SS/3B if I hadn't landed Sano.  Hopefully this hand thing doesn't last too much longer.   :doh:

#175 ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,373 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

Andrew Miller vs Jason Kipnis vs Danny Salazar in a battle to decide who can spend the least amount of time on the field between DL visits.

#176 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

Yeah I've got kip and Brantley in another league

#177 ZeroTolerance

ZeroTolerance

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,373 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

I'll be in great shape for the playoffs with Kipnis/Salazar/Miller and possibly Brantley out.

#178 GuardBum

GuardBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

Arrgh Ted, picking up Brett Anderson the day he becomes eligible to me... damn you league leading Dodgers  :bench:

I've had no luck this year with SP really.  Just struggling to find guys worthy of a shot.

#179 gratefulted

gratefulted

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,313 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:06 AM

Arrgh Ted, picking up Brett Anderson the day he becomes eligible to me... damn you league leading Dodgers  :bench:

I've had no luck this year with SP really.  Just struggling to find guys worthy of a shot.

I checked the probable starters that day and there he was, had no clue he was with the Jays...

Dear God, please protect me from your followers!

#180 GuardBum

GuardBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:13 AM

Jays already shutting down guys not going to help my playoff chances.  Donaldson a little hurt, Sanchez not coming back, Travis won't make it, Osuna starts blowing saves and then has a kid during the season, not much reason for Martin to rush...

Then Josh Harrison won't return from broken hand (sup pick).

My warm up against ted last week wasn't outstanding even with the Dodgers struggling themselves.  This should be fun.

#181 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:55 AM

I'm sure I'll lose this round since I'm playing the same opponent as my final regular season week and I won. Now it's Burts turn

#182 Burt

Burt

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,619 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:00 AM

Burt should not even be in the playoffs! I think you're pretty safe, WW.  

#183 Mookz

Mookz

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,901 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:30 AM

Jays already shutting down guys not going to help my playoff chances.  Donaldson a little hurt, Sanchez not coming back, Travis won't make it, Osuna starts blowing saves and then has a kid during the season, not much reason for Martin to rush...

Then Josh Harrison won't return from broken hand (sup pick).

My warm up against ted last week wasn't outstanding even with the Dodgers struggling themselves.  This should be fun.

Good luck to you, sir.  I actually had aspirations of catching you for the final playoff spot in the last two weeks.  I was 6 games out and went 13-3 in the next-to-last week, but you went 12-3.   <_<  Then in the final week you had to play the first place team and I got to play the last place team, but the O's laid a complete and total egg and I got destroyed.   <_<

Good luck to all, it's anyone's game.   :thumbsup:

#184 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:47 AM

Burt should not even be in the playoffs! I think you're pretty safe, WW.  

Doubtful

#185 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

unreal. such a long and good regular season for me only to have probably my worst week (plus a rays day off) to kick off the post season. 1 and done. Only top 4 team being bounced.  :wave:

#186 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Can't believe I spaced out at the golf course and didn't fix my lineup. Cost me 4 singles and a comback win... unreal. Manager of the year right here. Would have had sucre and Puelo in the lineup

#187 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

wow. had a 7-7 tie not too long ago and figured id get the win with home field..... now it looks like ERA flipped. I guess Jake McGee focked me?  unreal.  guess the singles on my bench didnt matter.  :wall:

#188 Burt

Burt

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,619 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

Doubtful

You almost came back on the final day!  I was leading 12-5 coming into today.  I wound up only winning 8-6.  If your pitchers would have given up just a couple less runs or mine would have given up a couple more, that would have flipped ERA to you and we would've tied 7-7 with you advancing.  

#189 WhiteWonder

WhiteWonder

FF Geek

• Members
  • 23,497 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:47 AM

You almost came back on the final day!  I was leading 12-5 coming into today.  I wound up only winning 8-6.  If your pitchers would have given up just a couple less runs or mine would have given up a couple more, that would have flipped ERA to you and we would've tied 7-7 with you advancing.  

not sure if you noticed, it was tied. 7-7 and i guess the rockies/padres game was still going on.  At some point, without me realizing it, Jake mcGee came in and gave up a run without recording an out and that sent my ERA back over yours.

#190 Burt

Burt

FF Geek

• Members
  • 20,619 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

No ######??  Glad I never noticed because I would have obsessed over it all evening!

#191 shotsup

shotsup

FF Geek

• Members
  • 28,325 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

Good season fellas. Lots of fun. Was on a. Timeout and couldn't comment.

Who won ?
~George Burns

#192 lambert58

lambert58

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

Pitchers and catchers report in 7 weeks!!!