Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Anyone still holding barber?

Have him in both my ppr leagues and thinking of cutting bait for some ww fodder. Anyone still think he can be a ppr starter, or will Ronald jones get more of a shot with barbers crappy start?

Don’t give up on him yet....philly is a very tough d to run on. It will get much easier. He will not disappoint.

Two teams I own Barber.

One team I’m going after A Jones for him.

The other Gio.

I know Gio might short term, but Barber hasn’t even been good on a team that has been scoring.

I'm guessing that Tampa isn't running yet because they haven't had to...? They've been mostly unopposed through the air. If the passing game comes back down, they may try to run more.

i have him.. i liked him late last year.. ronald jones is hot garbage.. and even with Fitzmagic opening up the entire filed, Barber has 50 yards.. ffs i could get 80 just walking forward..

im so so so disappointed.. and desperate for a rb..

(currently attempting to trade Gordon for Drake)

Had the room at rb, I dropped him and picked up a Jones, let’s see if I get lucky with this move.

Had the room at rb, I dropped him and picked up a Jones, let’s see if I get lucky with this move.

Good luck! I drafted him with my last pick as a flier that I could potentially keep next season if he breaks out. Here's hoping. :cheers:

Dropped him for Gio. I like the fact he is getting a ton of carries, but he's not doing anything with them and has 1 catch in 2 games.

If you could drop for Gio or someone sure but I'm holding.

He's still a starting running back. Eventually I would think those WRs stop catching 4 tds a week and maybe he gets one.

I know the is a Barber thread but someone in my league dropped RoJo last week. Deep 8 player bench. Scooped him up to sit at the bottom. Barber is JAG. I know RoJo has shown nothing but I'll go with the supreme athlete.

8 deep Bench I would pick him up also.

Barber is a hold in standard for sure. Hes averaging 17.5 carries per game which ranks 4th among RBs. Hes also on the field for 70% of the offensive snaps which places him right there with other high volume RBs.

Snap % thru 2 weeks

72.4% -- D-Johnson

72.1% -- J-Howard

71% -- M-Gordon

70.2% -- K-Hunt

68.7% -- P-Barber

67.2 % -- K-Drake

After diving into Barbers advanced stats and usage rate I actually think hes a very savvy buy low candidate. Fantasy is all about opportunity and volume and Barber is seeing a lot of both. I think his lack of fantasy production is more of an outlier than anything. A RB with a usage rate as high as barbers should at least have a pretty safe floor from week to week. I think I might hit up the Barber owner in my league even though its PPR. Just feel him out.

• Like 1

Barber is a hold. TB will have to run and rojo is trash thus far. Peyton will hold the job all year barring injury imo

I have a feeling this weekend Barber as a good game.

2 tds.

Thanks.

I'm holding Barber, waiting for clarity on him and other RBs before dropping them.

I'd drop him for Ekeler or Gio, as others in this thread say they have done.

But he very well could improve.

On another board, someone pointed out that Fitz ran for a 3yd TD week one.

If instead, Barber had taken that handoff to the endzone, we'd all be saying he just had an off week in week 2.

So, he's that one play from being very relevant.

Hold.

If Barber doesn't get it going this week, expect to see Ronald Jones get some work. They're going to want to see what they have in him.

Say someone needed to drop a bench RB to pick up a replacement TE for Doyle.

Drop Clement or Barber?

I'd drop tomorrow morning, so if whoever I drop raises their stock in tomorrow's action, I can target them in waivers this week.

Rojo is on waivers....may snare him and get ahead of the curve. Think he's going to have to play soon. Barber is trash

Say someone needed to drop a bench RB to pick up a replacement TE for Doyle.

Drop Clement or Barber?

I'd drop tomorrow morning, so if whoever I drop raises their stock in tomorrow's action, I can target them in waivers this week.

If the league isnt crazy deep, you can probably just drop Doyle. He may miss multiple weeks depending on which story you believe. He was ruled out Friday/early this week. Doyle is running a bunch of routes but Luck is spreading the short pass love nowadays. I credit/blame his new coach. And maybe the Colts are pretending to be responsible with their franchise QBs health, so there is that too!

Do not drop Clement. He might have a golden opportunity to be starting for a while via being the last rb standing. Ajayi is hurting. Sproles is old and hurting. That Philly gig is a good one if you even kind of have a chunk of it to yourself.

As for The Barber, I am terrified that he may not get it going but the usage is real and worth waiting on at least for 4 weeks. I would be lowball offering his owner if I did not have him.

I don't see why the Barber camp think he's a lock to be the starter all year or a viable fantasy starter. I've seen nothing from Barber (ever) that would suggest RJones shouldn't get a shot to get the ground game going and force a timeshare- at a minimum.

But that's just one man's perspective...

I want to believe that RoJo gets a shot at some point and it goes well for him. I just do not like that he cannot manage to even be active so far. And it doesnt seem like we can get any decent information on the kid. How can we get and stay excited about a kid that cant get the green light over Barber and Jacuzzi Rodgers? Imagine if Charles Simms was still lurking around being terrible but eating all of the pass-catcher work!

Barber is a hold. TB will have to run and rojo is trash thus far. Peyton will hold the job all year barring injury imo

I agree, plus he is a STARTING RUNNING BACK. The ones mentioned previously here are fill-ins, plus Rodgers is his backup right now and 3rd down back.

You have to think that their opponent will be concentrating on the pass now. May open up more opportunity and some room. That's what logic says. Logic is a liar sometimes though

You have to think that their opponent will be concentrating on the pass now. May open up more opportunity and some room. That's what logic says. Logic is a liar sometimes though

Run lanes will be more open, but there are two factors that go against it mattering. First, Fitz is going to come back down to Earth. He has the best weapons he has had in his career, but he isn't sustaining this pace at all. Even if his weapons stay relevant, he will make enough mistakes eventually.

Second, Barber is not very good. He may be the single worst starting rb in the league