Sign in to follow this  
dcOne

How long does it take your electric dryer to dry a regular load of clothes?

I googled it, and many say 30-45 minutes. If that's the case, something with my dryer is royally focked. For a full load, mine takes a minimum of 90 minutes.

Any estimates on how long your dryer takes?

Oh...and what's with these front load washers that advertise "Wash 17 pairs of jeans in one load!" Ummm...wouldn't that require 2 drying sessions (or two dryers) to dry them?

I would say check to see if its clogged somewhere.

The filter needs to be cleaned out or more likely the vent in the back is clogged up.

either yours is clogged or broked.

I ususally take around an hour but thats cuz my loads are normally huge. :bandana:

Not sure, since "the b!tch" should be hanging them up to dry instead of wasting electricity.....but I will ask her after i wake her up when i get home.... :music_guitarred:

either yours is clogged or broked.

I just put in new roller bearings...and when I did, I cleaned everything out the entire way. Plus, when the clothes are "dry"---after they have been in there a long time, they are hot, so the heating element must work. We clean the vent every single load.

That's what is focked up--that nothing seems to be wrong.

So does anyones ELECTRIC dryer dry a large load in like 30-45 minutes? 30 minutes seems impossible.

If it takes 90 minutes for a normal load then something is wrong with it. I'm not talking about loads with heavy thick towels..I'm talking about normal clothes. Our dryer was taking a long time to dry clothes a little while back. We had a guy come in and look at it and he fixed it in a bout 15 minutes. Now its back to working fine.

I just put in new roller bearings...and when I did, I cleaned everything out the entire way. Plus, when the clothes are "dry"---after they have been in there a long time, they are hot, so the heating element must work. We clean the vent every single load.

That's what is focked up--that nothing seems to be wrong.

So does anyones ELECTRIC dryer dry a large load in like 30-45 minutes? 30 minutes seems impossible.

a) are you sure it's venting out of the house?

:pointstosky: what is the current atmospheric humidity outside? Very humid weather would make it tougher to dry.

I ususally take around an hour but thats cuz my loads are normally huge. :banana:

noted...thanks Mr. North. :doublethumbsup:

We have an LG washer and dryer and it is way faster. It also cuts itself off as soon as the stuff is dry so you don't waste electricity. The LG washer is good too. It spins the load to weigh it and figure how much water it needs.

We have an LG washer and dryer and it is way faster. It also cuts itself off as soon as the stuff is dry so you don't waste electricity. The LG washer is good too. It spins the load to weigh it and figure how much water it needs.

True dat. Our old washer/dryer were about 10 yrs old and about ready to crap the bed. I have a buddy who researches EVERY appliance or piece of electronics that he buys, looking for the best brands and the best values. He bought the LG and told me to do the same.

We got a nice LG front load washer and dryer. Not cheap, but extremely greta. The washer holds a TON of stuff and the electric dryer (getting back to the original post) definitely can dry a full load in about 35-40 minutes.

I can't believe we're talking about washers and dryers on a fantasy football bored.

I feel shame. :lol:

I can't believe we're talking about washers and dryers on a fantasy football bored.

I feel shame. :lol:

Someone post some pron so we can redeem ourselves.

Someone post some pron so we can redeem ourselves.

Seriously, this thread REEKS of a FBGheys topic.

But at least we're being excellent to eachother. :lol:

Clothes line down?

Remember those focking things? My Grandmother still uses one in the summer! She says she likes the smell. They have a dryer, but I guess she needs something to do.

48 minutes.

:angry: You'd have to ask a wimmenz I have been with how long it takes my load to dry out in her dryer. They always get off the bed backwards and head strait to the bathroom. From there I have no idea what's going on nor do I care.

Someone had to deal with this ghey-ass thread appropriately.