Sign in to follow this  
Tough Guy

4th and Inches Dynasty League Official Rules

4th and Inches Dynasty League Official Rules.

**Rosters**

Roster size is a maximum of 30 players/teams. This 30 players/teams can be any combination as long as the owner can fill the starting lineup every week.

**Starting Lineups**

Each team must consist of the following starting lineup every week.

1 - Quarterback

1 - Runningback

2 - Wide Recievers

1 - Tight End

1 - Kicker

1 - Defense/Special Teams

2 - Flex posistions only a runningback or wide reciever

If an owner does not submit a starting lineup the previous weeks lineup will be used. Your starting lineup carrys over week to week until you change it. If there is a problem please notify all of the co-commisoners on the issue. If an owner neglects to submit a starting lineup for 3 weeks in a season for no reason his/her future as an owner in 4th and inches dynasty league becomes in jeopardy and will be discussed with the co-commishoners.

**Scoring**

Passing TD's = 6pts

passing td between 40 to 79 yards gets bounus +3

passing td between 80+ gets bonus +6

passing yards .04 pts per yard

300 passing yards gets bonus of +3, every 50 yards after gets a bonus of +2

Rushing and recieving TD = 6pts

.1 points for every rushing or recieving yards.

+3 bouns points for 100 yards recieving or rushing

+2 bonus points for 50 yards after

rushing or recieving TD between 40 to 79 yards gets bonus +3

rushing or recieving TD 80+ yards gets bonus +6

10+ receptions gets bouns +3 points

WR/TE get 1 pt per reception.

RB get .5 pt per reception.

two point conversion = 2pts.

Interceptions = -2 pts

fumbles = -2 pts

Length of Field Goal Made 0-30 3

Length of Field Goal Made 31-40 4

Length of Field Goal Made 41-50 5

Length of Field Goal Made 51-60 6

Length of Field Goal Made 61-99 7

Length of Missed Field Goal 0-30 -5

Length of Missed Field Goal 31-40 -3

Length of Missed Field Goal 41-50 -2

Length of Missed Field Goal 51-99 -1

extra points = 1 pts

missed extra point = -1 point

def scoring

interceptions = 2 pts

fumble recovery = 2 pts

sack = 1 pt

blocked punts = 3 pts

blocked field goals = 3 pts

blocked extra point = 3 pts

saftey = 4 pts

Total Points Allowed 0-0 10 pts

Total Points Allowed 1-6 7 pts

Total Points Allowed 7-14 3 pts

Total Points Allowed 15-30 0 pts

Total Points Allowed 31-36 -3 pts

Total Points Allowed 37-44 -7 pts

Total Points Allowed 45-99 -10 pts

Total Net Yards Allowed 0-199 6

Total Net Yards Allowed 200-299 3

Total Net Yards Allowed 300-399 0

Total Net Yards Allowed 400-499 -3

Total Net Yards Allowed 500-999 -6 '

Punt returns for td get +6 pts

punt returns for td get bonus of +1 between 51 to 70 yards.

punt returns for td get bonus of +2 between 71 to 90 yards.

punt returns for td get bonus of +3 between 91 to 110 yards.

kickoff returns for td get +6 pts

kickoff returns for td get bonus of +1 between 51 to 70 yards.

kickoff returns for td get bonus of +2 between 71 to 90 yards.

kickoff returns for td get bonus of +3 between 91 to 110 yards.

fumble recovery returned for td gets +4 pts

fumble returns for td get bonus of +1 between 51 to 70 yards.

fumble returns for td get bonus of +2 between 71 to 90 yards.

fumble returns for td get bonus of +3 between 91 to 110 yards.

interception for td gets +4 pts

interception returns for td get bonus of +1 between 51 to 70 yards.

interception returns for td get bonus of ++2 between 71 to 90 yards.

interception returns for td get bonus of 3 between 91 to 110 yards.

Blocked Field Goal TDs +4 points each

Length of Blocked Field Goal TD get bonus of +1 between 51 to 70 yards.

Length of Blocked Field Goal TD get bonus of +2 between 71 to 90 yards.

Length of Blocked Field Goal TD get bonus of +3 between 91 to 110 yards.

Blocked Punt TDs +4 points each

Length of Blocked Punt TD get bonus of +1 between 51 to 70 yards.

Length of Blocked Punt TD get bonus of +2 between 71 to 90 yards.

Length of Blocked Punt TD get bonus of +3 between 91 to 110 yards.

A player can only score points if he is on offense. I.E. if Dante Hall scores a kickoff touchdown he will not get points for the touchdown only the Kansas City Defense/Special teams will get points for the touchdown.

**Tie Breakers**

In the event of a tie for a regular season record to decide playoff spots the following will take place.

1. Overall winning percentage

2. Head to head record

3. Division winning percentage

4. Total points scored

In the playoffs every team will be required to select one player that will be the designated bench player. In the event that a playoff game ends in a tie your DBP will be the deciding factor. The team with the DBP that scores the most points will win that game. Your DBP's points will only count if the regular starting roster is tied at the end of the game. In the event that the DBP's both keep the game at a tie, In the event that the game is still tied we will then go down your roster on your bench to the highest scoring persons on each team until one team has a higher scoring player than the other team and that team is then deemed the winner.

**Playoffs**

The playoffs will be set up like the NFL playoffs. Our superbowl will be held on week 17 of the regular season. The top two teams will recieve Byes to week 16. Week 15 will be the other division winner and the top three non division winning teams or wild card teams. The 1st and 2nd wild card teams will play eachother, and the division winner and the lowest wild card team will play eachother in the first round. With the top team left going on the play the 1st seed in the second round.

**Payouts**

12 teams at $50.00 per team is $600.00

Minus the $50.00 for the league fee give us a total of $550.00 in Prize money

Champion -- $175.00

Second place -- $100.00

Regular season high scorer -- $50.00

division winners -- $75.00 each

**Division Alignment**

Divisions will be set up by the draft order. Every three years the commishoners will look to see if there is a need for realignment of divisions to create more competition and give each owner a better chance to win.

**Waiver Wire/Free Agents**

The waiver wire will be closed to picking up players until 12:01AM wednesday morning. At that time the waiver wire will go as so. The team with the last pick in the draft will have the first choice on the waiver wire, we will use the revolving door method where when you make a waiver pick you move to the back of the line, if you choose not to make a pick you will be skipped and will remain at your posistion. You will move up a spot every time someone infront of you makes a waiver pick until you reach the #1 spot. The waivers use a pre selection box to make your picks and will take the top player you have ranked that is still available. Everyone that is not claimed will become free agents and will be on a first coem first serve basis. If a player is dropped after teh waiver wire such player will be on the waiver wire for that day plus another 24 hours, after that time is up the player will be added to the free agent pool.

**Draft**

There will be one draft in a snake fashion 1-12, 12-1, 1-12. this will be a 30 round draft with a 12 hour time limit. Rounds 1-26 will be for VETERANS ONLY! Rounds 27-30 will be for rookies or veterans. If an owner choses a rookie before the 27th round that pick will be deleted and the owner will be skipped as if he/she was to have ran the timer out. The owner with the 12th pick in the veteran draft will have the 1st pick in the rookie draft.

After the first inagural draft, drafting posistion will go by a worst to first draft order based on the same formula as playoff posistinoing. We will be having a 4 round rookie draft every draft after the inagural draft, and it will be a straight draft 1-12, 1-12, 1-12.

Picks will be made on both MFL and then posted on the FFToday message board. In the event that an owner posts different players on both sites, the player posted on MFL will be the player the owner will be given. Please make sure that you are paying attention on who you are selecting, there will be no changes made if you mess up. The only way the owner will get the player he made the error on is if he/she trades the owner with that player or if the player falls to them at their next pick.

**Injured Reserve**

Each team will have 2 injured reserve spots to use. These IR spots can only be used if the player is inactive for the remainder of the regular season. It doesnt matter if the player is hurt in training camp or week 7, the player must be injured or suspended for the remainder of the regular season. Once a player is put on an IR spot that player must remain on the IR for the remainder of the season. You are allowed to cut or trade such player, if you do you will not be given another IR spot for your team, once you use it it will be gonefor the season. If you trade/cut a player on the IR that player is inactive no matter what team he is on. You cannot trade for IR spots. When a player is on IR you are allowed to pick up a player off the waiver wire to replace such player on your roster. When the season is over you must reduce your roster back to the 30 player limit because the players you have placed on IR will be back on your roster.

**Trades**

you are allowed to trade players or draft picks or future draft picks. If you choose to trade a draft pick for the following year you must send the appropriate commisoner one half $25.00 of next years entry fee Immediatly. This is done to ensure that the current owner doesnt dump off the team and leave the team in bad condition for a future owner. A trade can only inclued picks and players from the 4th and inches dyansty league. Any trade involving cash, or anything outside of this fantasy football league will be voided and overturned by the commisoners!

If a trade looks suspicious and could hurt the league owners have 24 hours to contest the trade durring the season and 1 week durring the off season, the commishoners will examine the trade and decide if it is indeed nesessecary to over turn the trade or let it go.

There will be a trade deadline of week 11 durring the season.

**Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agents**

Ufa = unrestricted free agent. I vote for 4 (equates to 4 round of rookie/free

agency draft) UFA's that a team has to declare

10 days after the NFL superbowl. These are unrestricted players, so if anyone

claims them, you will not get any compensation. Also, the team that claims

them have to keep the player on their roster for at least 1 regular season game

before they can drop them. although you are allowed to trade them at anytime. UFA

players can also be drafted in the rookie draft but not by the team that released

them. If a UFA is not claimed by anyone, their original team may claim them on

their roster if they have an opening.

rfa = restricted free agent. Each team will be required to declare 1 rfa 10 days

after the nfl superbowl. These are restricted free agents, so if a team claims

them, you will recieve that teams first round draft pick in the upcoming draft.

If a team does not have a 1st round draft pick, they can not claim any rfa's. If

you claim an RFA player, the player has to stay on your roster for at least one

regular season game before they can be dropped. Although you are allowed to trade

them. rfa's players will automatically be assigned back to their original team

on august 1st if they have not been claimed. This would mean all teams that have

unclaimed rfa's need to have an open spot on their roster to allow for this.

#xrfa = extra restricted free agent. This allows an owner to declare more

restricted freeagents to the league. 1xrfa means they are asking a 1st round draft

pick, 2xrfa means they are asking a 2nd round draft pick. its up to the owners

discretion to determine what type of compensation they would want. there is no

restriction to the quantity of xrfa's and the round of compensation. so an owner

can as for 1st round draft picks for 4 of his rfa's or all 2nd round. This will

allow the owner to possibily go after a youth movement if they choose by giving

up current players for draft picks.

**Rule changes**

Rule changes may only take place durring the off season and before the draft. No rules may be changed between the times of the draft and superbowl. It will take a majority vote to change a rule.

**Replacement owners***

**Other situations**

In the event that an owner makes a roster mistake, he/she must notify a commishoner immediatly! If an owner waits more than 24 hours there can not be any changes. If an owner starts the wrong player for a week and games have already begun there will be no changes made to the starting roster. Durring the draft picks will be made on MFL, and posted on FFToday. If an owner picks a player on MFL and posts a different player making a mistake on one site the player that is posted on MFL will be used, so please make sure you are picking the correct player on MFL when you pick.

Just so All owners know. There are never going to be rules that Everybody agrees on. The three of Us put a lot of thought into every silgle last one of these rules. We were even testing things for hours just to see how things turned out. Once again we want to thank all of you for voting in thoes polls, they really helped us decide the general want of the league. Thanks again

:cry:

I'm not here to cause problems but here's my humble opinion. When I voted for 5 rb/wr that meant 2rb & 3wr each week, then ADD 1flex which should be rb,wr, AND te. So that would give you the chance to play a 3rd rb or a 4th wr. With a roster size of 30 we really should have the following line-up: 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1td, 1def, 1k, 1flex{rb,wr,te}. Somehow, the polls got blended together to give us our current line-up?? Its not a big problem with me. I can live with our rules but somehow what I THOUGHT I voted on and how it ended up is alittle different.

I also thought we voted on 1 point per reception for rb??? I'm currently starting up in 3 dynasty leagues so I could have this confused? I just don't see anything on the polls and I thought we voted on this??

No we never voted or talked about points per reception in the league, It was one of the things the commish's sat down and discussed, did some testing and came to the conclusion that this was the best idea for the league.

As far as the lineups, we tried to be as clear as possible with then even telling which thread you could read to get more information.

It's almost impossible to please every owner in a league, and somethings may be a little different than what you like, or what you are use too. We but a lot of work in trying to get everyone's opinions and form rules to a good league.

All I ask is that you guys accept the rules and don't complain. If there turns out to be a problem we will address it next off season. If these rules are something you hust can't deal with just let us know and we'll have to try and find a replacement for you. PLEASE ALL WE LIKE THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE and hope that all of you guys will be ok with the rules. We've spent a couple of weeks on the rules, now it's time to move forward. The Commissioners as a group agreed to these Offical rules for this season, so it's really time to move on. Like I said you a owner can go to any league and find something they don't like in the rules, becasue there are hundreds of combinations and no right or wrong way.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about the scoring and the starting lineup is. The current lineup situation pretty much lets you start what you want. It's not what I voted for, but I am happy with the rules.

I think that if you read the rules and understand scoring and the lineups, you have just as much chance of dominating as anyone else.

Will it be less fun because of a few technical points ? NO WAY!

It takes a lot of work to come up with rules and scoring that works for everyone. Like he said, if you truly can't deal with it the way it is, maybe we look at some MINOR changes in the offseason...OR respectfully decline and be on your way.

When's the Draft ?!?!? I am ready :blink:

merv

No we never voted or talked about points per reception in the league, It was one of the things the commish's sat down and discussed, did some testing and came to the conclusion that this was the best idea for the league.

As far as the lineups, we tried to be as clear as possible with then even telling which thread you could read to get more information.

It's almost impossible to please every owner in a league, and somethings may be a little different than what you like, or what you are use too. We but a lot of work in trying to get everyone's opinions and form rules to a good league.

All I ask is that you guys accept the rules and don't complain. If there turns out to be a problem we will address it next off season. If these rules are something you hust can't deal with just let us know and we'll have to try and find a replacement for you. PLEASE ALL WE LIKE THIS GROUP OF PEOPLE and hope that all of you guys will be ok with the rules. We've spent a couple of weeks on the rules, now it's time to move forward. The Commissioners as a group agreed to these Offical rules for this season, so it's really time to move on. Like I said you a owner can go to any league and find something they don't like in the rules, becasue there are hundreds of combinations and no right or wrong way.

as he says... this is a scoring system that has worked well and a nice combination of starting lineup. WE are not trying to force this down anyones throats, and if there is a enough concern, we can bring it back up to the table. But I think its very fair and gives lots of flexibility. We also tried to keep it very NFL like and devised the scoring so that it makes it very fair across the board for every position. We each had to give and take a little to come up with these rules... Like it was said... there is no way to come up with something to make everyone happy.. so we tried to find the best medium.

If you see anything that you can not live with.. please let us know and if there is enough people that agree with your concern, we will take it up to discussion.

I've got a question regarding trades: can we trade conditional future draft picks? To the effect that one team may receive the other's draft pick only if that team makes the playoffs and, consequentially, has a lower draft pick(or vice versa). This could help in trade negotiations.

I've got a question regarding trades: can we trade conditional future draft picks? To the effect that one team may receive the other's draft pick only if that team makes the playoffs and, consequentially, has a lower draft pick(or vice versa). This could help in trade negotiations.

give me an example..

This sounds like a pain in the A$$ to track to me. Unless someone knows of an easier way.

the commissioners have discussed this and for this year we have voted that conditional draft pick trading will not be allowed due to the many possible problems that it can cause if its not policed very closely.

We can visit this issue again next year.

I jsut added to the rules about making an error on your picks and that the player you select on MFL will be the player you get and there will be no changes. So pay attention!

as he says... this is a scoring system that has worked well and a nice combination of starting lineup. WE are not trying to force this down anyones throats, and if there is a enough concern, we can bring it back up to the table. But I think its very fair and gives lots of flexibility. We also tried to keep it very NFL like and devised the scoring so that it makes it very fair across the board for every position. We each had to give and take a little to come up with these rules... Like it was said... there is no way to come up with something to make everyone happy.. so we tried to find the best medium.

If you see anything that you can not live with.. please let us know and if there is enough people that agree with your concern, we will take it up to discussion.

I also think so.

Watch Knight And Day Online