Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Baseline Adjustment Factor

Hey Mike, I sent you an email but then saw this forum so I figure this is the better place to pose the question. Do you recommend adjusting the baseline values for positions? I have them all set at a default 1.0 but wondering if I should change any default settings here.

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

FLEX (RB/WR/TE)

K

D

7 bench spots

Key scoring points:

6 pt passing TD 1 point per 25 yards

6 point rushing/receiving TDs

1 point PPR

.1 point per 1 yard rushing and receiving

Are there any changes at all you recommend I make to the default settings in the options tab? Or how I would go about figuring out how (if recommended) to adjust baseline factors or anything on the options tab?

Thanks.

I usually leave them at 1.0, but understand that the overall ranking method really does change the baselines by position already. Those available adjustments just allow for further tweaking of the preset adjustments in the overall ranking methods, so in most cases I find the ranking method appropriately adjusts for me.

It isn't the scoring that really impacts whether to adjust or not, I find, but more the position starters, mostly around QB. In a 2-QB or even QB-flex setup, sometimes the recommended overall ranking methods will overvalue RB, WR more than I would like relative to QB, so I might switch it to the Median Player Drafted method. For a traditional start 1-QB setup like yours, the recommended ranking method works well, IMHO. Also, don't plug too many players in the RB/WR bench spots. At 7 bench players, I'd probably go:
QB = 1, RB = 2.5, WR = 2.5, TE = 0 (appears WR/TE are combined into one, yes?), K = 0.5, DEF = 0.5

In terms of what to change on the options tab, the nice thing about Draft Buddy is you can change settings as much as you like, hit Compile Cheatsheets, and review the impact of those changes. Don't like the change? Switch it back. The baseline adjustments will only take things so far, so keep that in mind, but for most leagues I do tend to leave options at the default level.

ah crap I left off TE. :( No WR/TE are not combined) TE is it's own position.

So it's:

QB

RB

RB

WR

WR

TE

K

DEF

7 bench spots

Does that mean QB = 1 RB = 2 WR = 2 TE = 1 K = .5 DEF= .5?

Yes, or since we're talking backups, WR = 2.5, TE = 0.5.