Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

AIDS

true story. never understood it.

sometimes people bring up blood transfusions. i would think that's bs. maybe 1-2 cases ever?

The blood supply is screened, but the screening isn't perfect. Nowadays, it is estimated 1 in 2 million units are contaminated. But it wasn't always that way.

Yes he is. You and HT too. Anal receptive sex is a a high risk behavior, but it is far from the only way the disease is spread.

I believe you are correct but to me that doesn't explain why 2/3 of new cases are gay men. If, as you say, there are many ways to get the disease shouldn't there more than 1/3 of the new cases coming from groups other than gay men. :dunno:

• Like 1

I believe you are correct but to me that doesn't explain why 2/3 of new cases are gay men. If, as you say, there are many ways to get the disease shouldn't there more than 1/3 of the new cases coming from groups other than gay men. :dunno:

Gay men are more promiscuous, on average, than straight men or women. They also have higher rates of certain STIs (syphillis) which promote HIV transmission. And anal receptive intercourse (catchers) poses the highest risk of sexual acquisition. It all adds up to more new cases among gay males in this country.

Anal insertive intercourse (pitchers) is roughly the same risk as vaginal receptive sex. But globally, most HIV cases are transmitted through heterosexual sex.

Gay men are more promiscuous, on average, than straight men or women. They also have higher rates of certain STIs (syphillis) which promote HIV transmission. And anal receptive intercourse (catchers) poses the highest risk of sexual acquisition. It all adds up to more new cases among gay males in this country.

Anal insertive intercourse (pitchers) is roughly the same risk as vaginal receptive sex. But globally, most HIV cases are transmitted through heterosexual sex.

Heterosexual rape. Africa. Stop already, you're not fooling anyone.

I was in court with my brother-in-law for some trouble he was in and there was some dirtbag being sentenced for knowingly passing on HIV to multiple women. Two of the women showed up to give impact statements and they were some of the prettiest ladies I've seen which for some focked up reason made it seem more tragic.

The dude got 20 years I think. They should have just killed him.

Heterosexual rape. Africa. Stop already, you're not fooling anyone.

It ain't just rape. Educate yourself.

Seriously, you and your cronies are embarrassingly ignorant. Use the Google machine.

It ain't just rape. Educate yourself.

Seriously, you and your cronies are embarrassingly ignorant. Use the Google machine.

Seriously, stop comparing what goes on in the US with what goes on in Africa. Ok? It's silly.

So, in the US, it is predominately a gay man and intravenous drug user issue.

• Like 1

You are looking at a subset of the numbers. 30+ million people with HIV worldwide, and the majority ain't gay.

Using your logic, you can make a better argument for syphilis being a gay disease.

Let's talk apples and apples. I'm talking about America. All the numbers I cited? America. All the funding I'm talking about? America.

Stay there.

Seriously, stop comparing what goes on in the US with what goes on in Africa. Ok? It's silly.

This

Let's just talk the actual numbers based on the latest stats in the US (from 2015): https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/overview/ataglance.html

68% are gay/bisexual men

23% among heterosexuals

9% are drug users

Exactly.

and like I said, even that 23% is suspect. Because it usually involves one partner engaging in homosexual activities and taking it back to the bedroom. Regardless, if you go back far enough in that individual history, you find homosexual Behavior somewhere in that daisy chain.

I have an idea, let's compare machete slayings in the US and Africa! There surely has been some in the US too, right? No. You would never do that, because its ridiculous. So is comparing AIDS or any other communicable disease.

• Like 1

But the only state Pen draws his USA stats from is one neighborhood in Alaska using specific circumstances.

The problem with saying, "AIDS is a gay disease", is you then get idiots that think they can't get HIV through hetero sex. It used to happen a lot more often than it does today and that's because we specifically stopped saying it was a gay disease.

The problem with saying, "AIDS is a gay disease", is you then get idiots that think they can't get HIV through hetero sex. It used to happen a lot more often than it does today and that's because we specifically stopped saying it was a gay disease.

the problem is if you have protected sex and dont shoot up, you literally can't get HIV

the problem is if you have protected sex and dont shoot up, you literally can't get HIV

Right but if you say it's a gay disease, you end up with people who are having hetero sex who think they can just use the pullout method since they cant get the gay HIV.

Weve been over this all before, but heres the real scoop.

Hetero vag and anal AIDS is no big deal. It can now be treated like the common cold.

Gay anal AIDS is the deadly kind. You wanna stay far away from that sh!t. Literally.

Let's talk apples and apples. I'm talking about America. All the numbers I cited? America. All the funding I'm talking about? America.

Stay there.

Sure. Our borders are basically a giant condom that kills off the African strain anyway. :thumbsup:

Weve been over this all before, but heres the real scoop.

Hetero vag and anal AIDS is no big deal. It can now be treated like the common cold.

Gay anal AIDS is the deadly kind. You wanna stay far away from that sh!t. Literally.

Thank Jebus somebody gets it!

I have an idea, let's compare machete slayings in the US and Africa! There surely has been some in the US too, right? No. You would never do that, because its ridiculous. So is comparing AIDS or any other communicable disease.

You guys keep stating its just a ghey disease, which isn't accurate anywhere in the world. :dunno:

Let's just talk the actual numbers based on the latest stats in the US (from 2015): https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/statistics/overview/ataglance.html

68% are gay/bisexual men

23% among heterosexuals

9% are drug users

From your link... I just want to point out that almost 2k of them are 60+. It's going DOWN at the old folks home!

• Like 1

Thank Jebus somebody gets it!

Yes he understands that even though there are other ways to get aids the most likely way to get it in the US is gay male sex.

Exactly.

and like I said, even that 23% is suspect. Because it usually involves one partner engaging in homosexual activities and taking it back to the bedroom. Regardless, if you go back far enough in that individual history, you find homosexual Behavior somewhere in that daisy chain.

It's a disease primarily transmitted by blood and semen. Ghey sex involves both. Ever done anything with those two bodily fluids?

Yes he understands that even though there are other ways to get aids the most likely way to get it in the US is gay male sex.

This is just simple fact. Anal causes more tears and possibilities to come in contact with infected fluids/areas/blood.

Why ask this?

He said it was impossible to contract during protected sex. I'm willing to bet he wouldn't put his pemus where his mouth is. Same with Crowder and his dog.

if you have protected sex and dont shoot up, you literally can't get HIV

No one ever denied HIV demographics in the US, but it is ignorant to suggest it is just a disease of queers and junkies. HTH.

He said it was impossible to contract during protected sex. I'm willing to bet he wouldn't put his pemus where his mouth is.

Well it’s still a risk if the condom breaks, slips etc. So if he would or wouldn’t is up to him, has no bearing on the debate (is there even a debate?). If you are asking just out of curiosity then go right ahead, my bad.

Exactly.

The only person whom I knew that had AIDS was married to a woman and got it from having sex with a man. Fortunately, his wife didn't get it. He apparently infected 2 other women... those 2 women infected their husbands. So, while you can say that the 4 cases were through heterosexual activity, it was first produced from homosexual activity. If the homosexual activity never taken place, the other 4 cases wouldn't have existed.

No one ever denied HIV demographics in the US, but it is ignorant to suggest it is just a disease of queers and junkies. HTH.

Never claimed that. Just like lung cancer isn't only a disease of smokers.

OK. What do you want to talk about?

I think the 23% of heterosexuals contracting the disease is significant. It is 2.5x more than the drug user infection rate.

:banana: Anally Inflicted Death Sentence :banana: A.I.D.S :banana:

Beat you to it.