Sign in to follow this  
edjr

JETS willing to pay "whatever it takes" to land Kirk Cousins

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/20/momentum-builds-for-the-jets-making-a-run-at-kirk-cousins/

A report emerged Monday that the Jets will pay “whatever it takes” to land quarterback Kirk Cousins. Brian Costello of the New York Post has tried to make “whatever” more tangible.
Costello explains, based on the beliefs of “many people,” that “whatever” could become a five-year, $150 million offer, with a “good chunk” of it guaranteed. (Some think all of it would be guaranteed.)
One source speculated to Costello that the cash flow may consist of $60 million in 2018. That would represent an increase of $13.8 million over what Jimmy Garoppolo will receive this year under the terms of his five-year, $137.5 million deal. If the full package will have an increased value of $12.5 million over Garoppolo’s, a $13.8 million bump in first year cash flow isn’t grossly out of line with the difference — especially if the bulk of the deal will be guaranteed, anyway.
Costello explains that looming moves (such as the dumping of Muhammad Wilkerson and Matt Forte) could leave the Jets with more than $90 million in 2018 cap space. The Jets could structure the deal to make Cousins count for the full $60 million now, or a signing bonus could push some of that burden to future years.
Regardless, the Jets seem to be in great position to offer Cousins a ton of money. The question then will become whether Cousins is willing to take a little, or a lot, less from a team that he regards as being in better position to win, sooner than later.

How could that possibly go wrong.

Eagles should trade Foles to NY for 5 first rounders.

I'd keep Foles and trade your 3rd string QB to the Jets for 3 first rounders, he's got a SB ring too.

They'll guarantee him a 5 year contract and cut him the next year.

They'll guarantee him a 5 year contract and then trade him and a first to Cleveland for a sack of beans next year.

I'd keep Foles and trade your 3rd string QB to the Jets for 3 first rounders, he's got a SB ring too.

His name is Sudfield. Or Sudfeld, I cant remember.

The same teams make the same mistakes year after year. It really isnt that hard to make sensable football moves. But for some reason the skins jets and browns cant seem to get a clue.

His name is Sudfield. Or Sudfeld, I cant remember.

Think he was a patriot when he came into the league

"Studfeld"

Scored a TD in preseason and was the next Gronk.

Cut week 3 :lol:

Drafted by the Skins. His brother is a TE.

Cousins couldn't handle the big city attention in DC, NY ain't for him. Although I would love to see him try.

He would automatically become the best QB in the division in the last 20 or so years besides Brady. Ooof

He would automatically become the best QB in the division in the last 20 or so years besides Brady. Ooof

Brett Favre? Drew Bledsoe?

Brett Favre? Drew Bledsoe?

Favre was there for a minute and wasn't all that great that year. Bledsoe by a whisker I guess. Point remains.

Chad Pennington career rating 90.1

Eli Manning career rating 83.5

:lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Chad Pennington career rating 90.1

Eli Manning career rating 83.5

:lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Sad. And rmff. I liked it after the super bowl when MDC called you a junkie. That was funny.

that's what happens when you have the greatest ever in that division, everyone else will automatically pale in comparison. It's just science.

So dumb words can't even describe it but it's typical Jets instead of drafting a rookie quarterback and following the blueprint of the Raiders and the Rams and surrounding that quarterback with a good offensive line and good weapons to help ensure his success they would rather pay a veteran quarterback a large sum of money to play on an offense with holes everywhere

When the Raiders drafted Derek Carr they improved their offensive line and they signed Michael Crabtree when the Rams drafted Jared Goff he looked like a complete bust in Year one then your two I understand the coaching change had a lot to do with things but they also signed Andrew Whitworth from The Bangles I believe they signed another offensive lineman they brought in Robert Woods Sammy Watkins who even though he's largely been a bust He commands attention on the field and they drafted the sure handed Cooper kupp all of this stuff helped open up running lanes for Todd Gurley which in turn allow Jared Goff to look like a pro bowler.

Provided there would be a quarterback at 6 that the Jets like they should be drafting that rookie quarterback and using all the cap space they have to sign Jarvis Landry and some offensive lineman

and jets fans shouldn't be reluctant to draft a quarterback at 6 the last quarterback they took in the first round was Mark Sanchez... people think about Geno Smith and Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty. Geno Smith was a pick that fell to them in the second round a lot of people thought he could have gone in the first round so the Jets took a chance they didn't give anything to go up in and draft him. Bryce Petty was a known project pick the real embarrassing one was Christian Hackenberg but if you live in fear of past mistakes you're never going to be successful

Sad. And rmff. I liked it after the super bowl when MDC called you a junkie. That was funny.

And I callled MDC HTjr That was funny

So now Curt Cousins is a garbage QB? :rolleyes:

Probably. I've never even heard of him. :dunno:

Probably. I've never even heard of him. :dunno:

But his cousin Kirk is good. :thumbsup: