Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

2018 Edex Cup - US OPEN - Teams

Would’ve been cool if we were tied and it had gone to a playoff between Koepka and Fleetwood.

Would’ve been cool if we were tied and it had gone to a playoff between Koepka and Fleetwood.

would have needed both your 3rd golfers to be +12 or +13

but yes. we havnt had that happen.

I lost to CBF the year Zach Johnson last won the claret jug even though I had Johnson. I think I had Spieth and he missed that playoff by a stroke and that would have won it for me.

2.06 - Lebron James aka Tommy Fleetwood

:pointstosky:

Silver Medalists

Bridesmaids

Runner Ups

:cry:

Silver Medalists

Bridesmaids

Runner Ups

:cry:

You did call him lebron.

Let it be known.

There will be no Edex Cup 4.

Phil broke me. I'm done. I will run the last 2, but I'm not drafting. I will donate my $5 per tourney for edex though

~stick

Fumble - paid 90, keeping 50 for last 2

KSB - what you want?

After 6 events

Fumble- 13 + 7 = 20 +10 = 30
Dain- 15 + 5 = 20 +2 = 22
Pat- 21
KSB- 13 + 1 = 14 +7 = 21
Nuggs- 13
Edro- 8 + 4 = 12
WW- 7 + 2 = 9 +1 = 10
CBF- 3 +3 = 6 +3 = 9
Cruzer- 1 + 5 = 6

Congrats to Fumble - you survived the meat grinder... And good job to WW for the score updates, appreciated. :thumbsup:

Fumble - paid 90, keeping 50 for last 2

KSB - what you want?

Keep 25 for next tournament and ship the rest. Thanks!

Keep 25 for next tournament and ship the rest. Thanks!

:rolleyes:

another reason I'm done with this

Too bad you're souring on it. I think it's the funnest thing I've been a part of on this board in the 20 years I've been here sans the IBL.

Well, for the record, you could have the misfortune of sitting in a crowded place when some fucktard opens up on ya with an AR-15 between now and the PGA and the winner would lose that $. It is $25. ;)

Too bad you're souring on it. I think it's the funnest thing I've been a part of on this board in the 20 years I've been here sans the IBL.

I'm not sure the next time I will be able to watch golf. I am so focking steamed up over that sorry sack of horseshit

What was I supposed to do? :dunno:

I am sorry for taking out my hatred towards Phil, out on you guys.

I have come to my senses. Edex Cup will go on! :cheers:

I am sorry for taking out my hatred towards Phil, out on you guys.

I have come to my senses. Edex Cup will go on! :cheers:

:thumbsup:

The dust has settled - looking back............ I'm not going to beat Phil up about the incident. Nor do I think this will permanently tarnish his legendary career.

* When you see Phil do you think uncontrollable, explosive, volatile, out of control mental head case? No, me neither.

* You don't wake up one day and all of the sudden become a hot head, not at age 48.. If this were truly Phil we would have seen it before, there would be a pattern - see John Daly.

* I actually do believe Phil might have had the rules in mind when he committed the penalty. For one he started off walking towards his ball calmly, and two - he carefully and deliberately tried to hit the ball back in the hole - at the proper pace....... If it were truly a fit of rage, he launches that ball into the corn, a la Johnny Daly.

* Given his career, given his reputation - I'm okay giving Phil the benefit of the doubt. Was it his finest hour? No, certainly not. But he's human, we goof sometimes. Hell, the guy in NE is hailed as a genius for taking advantage of the rules - is it really any different here?

The USGA should actually be thanking Phil. He single handedly bailed them out - he took the heat off of them for their BS Saturday. Sunday everybody was talking about Phil, not what happened the day before.

Rule needs to be changed. That needs to be a DQ immediately

Rule needs to be changed. That needs to be a DQ immediately

If intentional, I can agree.

The dust has settled - looking back............ I'm not going to beat Phil up about the incident. Nor do I think this will permanently tarnish his legendary career.

* When you see Phil do you think uncontrollable, explosive, volatile, out of control mental head case? No, me neither.

* You don't wake up one day and all of the sudden become a hot head, not at age 48.. If this were truly Phil we would have seen it before, there would be a pattern - see John Daly.

* I actually do believe Phil might have had the rules in mind when he committed the penalty. For one he started off walking towards his ball calmly, and two - he carefully and deliberately tried to hit the ball back in the hole - at the proper pace....... If it were truly a fit of rage, he launches that ball into the corn, a la Johnny Daly.

* Given his career, given his reputation - I'm okay giving Phil the benefit of the doubt. Was it his finest hour? No, certainly not. But he's human, we goof sometimes. Hell, the guy in NE is hailed as a genius for taking advantage of the rules - is it really any different here?

The USGA should actually be thanking Phil. He single handedly bailed them out - he took the heat off of them for their BS Saturday. Sunday everybody was talking about Phil, not what happened the day before.

very well said. the only thing i might disagree on is phil doing what he did with the rules in mind... for 2 reasons.

1. i don't think you would ever see phil whack the ball off the green like a ragining lunatic or john daly. i think its possible for him to have had a momentary lapse of judgement due to being frustrated with his own poor putting / the greens and thats about as frustrated as you'd see him get. sort of running after the ball and being like "nope, im not going back to my bag to get a wedge, i'm already out of it, screw this".

2. that was his putt for bogey that he missed. if it rolls off the green and into the fairway or a bunker, he's laying 5. Certainly he could have a decent chance to get up and down for a 7. Knowing the rule of a two stroke penalty, he would have had to hole that illegal putt to make a 6 and then add 2 for an 8. If he gets it close and taps it in, its a 9. So I really don't buy the excuse that he had the rule in his back pocket and used it to any sort of advantage.

What was I supposed to do? :dunno:

Ed's just blowing off steam.

Although I think his response was triggered by you telling him to keep 25 and send the rest when we have 2 more events, you know you're playing both, so why not just have him keep the 50?

For what it's worth, I think next year anyone who intends to be part of the Edex aspect of this needs to pay in full for the season. Not that I think managing the money is any more tedious than, say, keeping score ;) , it just doesnt make any sense for Ed to have to be sending and receiving odd amounts throughout the season.

most of us know we are playing in every damn event, lets just get Ed all the money at the start and let him simply send out the full winnings as they happen or even at the end of the year like a FF league.

For what it's worth, I think next year anyone who intends to be part of the Edex aspect of this needs to pay in full for the season. Not that I think managing the money is any more tedious than, say, keeping score ;) , it just doesnt make any sense for Ed to have to be sending and receiving odd amounts throughout the season.

most of us know we are playing in every damn event, lets just get Ed all the money at the start and let him simply send out the full winnings as they happen or even at the end of the year like a FF league.

That would make life much easier.

I'd only have to pay out twice (maybe 3 times if we do winner) per event and not collect multiple each time.

Granted, I know everyone doesn't have 200 to spend. It's when people win, and collect, when they haven't paid for the rest season, which baffles me. It's not my money and I don't know why people may need it, so I do what I'm supposed to.

8 events - 240 (assume we do winner) I'm fine with 120 up front and 120 half way through. if you win, use it to cover rest of the season.

Everyone knows my name/number and where I live (if they want to find it bad enough) I ain't going anywhere.

That would make life much easier.

I'd only have to pay out twice (maybe 3 times if we do winner) per event and not collect multiple each time.

Granted, I know everyone doesn't have 200 to spend. It's when people win, and collect, when they haven't paid for the rest season, which baffles me. It's not my money and I don't know why people may need it, so I do what I'm supposed to.

8 events - 240 (assume we do winner) I'm fine with 120 up front and 120 half way through. if you win, use it to cover rest of the season.

Everyone knows my name/number and where I live (if they want to find it bad enough) I ain't going anywhere.

Guilty as charged but I was concerned that you might step off the sidewalk just as the asphalt roller passed by. :D I'm ok paying in full.

Guilty as charged but I was concerned that you might step off the sidewalk just as the asphalt roller passed by. :D I'm ok paying in full.

you're new, I wouldn't/shouldn't expect you to not collect on your winnings AND you weren't even partaking in the season long Edex Cup.

One of the essential elements that makes gambling fun..................................................is collecting.

On the golf course, I don't care if it's $5, at the end of a round - I want to be paid, it's part of what makes it fun.... Edex is no different (to me anyway). Paying for a full season up front, then just getting paid out any outstanding balance you may have at the end? Feels like a pre-paid debit card - meh.

One of the essential elements that makes gambling fun..................................................is collecting.

On the golf course, I don't care if it's $5, at the end of a round - I want to be paid, it's part of what makes it fun.... Edex is no different (to me anyway). Paying for a full season up front, then just getting paid out any outstanding balance you may have at the end? Feels like a pre-paid debit card - meh.

I'm with you. it's not the money it's the principle.

We bet $5? I won, Pay me focker.

I was walking to the park near work a couple weeks ago. saw a finski on the ground, thought "hmmm I wonder if it's covered in sh1t" I picked it up anyway, it wasn't. 50 feet down the road was a dude with his "homeless vet sign" I gave him the $5. (I should have wiped some sh1t on it, videoed it and put it on youtube"

I sent my payment already Cruz. GET OFF MY BACK!!

:lol: just kidding. I don't think the paying out is the problem. its the accounting hassle Ed is bothered by. I see his point. Of course he did take all the prepayments and invested them in bitcoin. :dunno:

:lol: just kidding. I don't think the paying out is the problem. its the accounting hassle Ed is bothered by. I see his point. Of course he did take all the prepayments and invested them in bitcoin. :dunno:

I wish your ass lived closer - save my ass postage $$$. :mad:

thanks for reminding me

My account balance is

$1,519.97

started around 4k

have some other smaller amounts elsewhere

• Like 1

I wish your ass lived closer - save my ass postage $$$. :mad:

Shoot man...it cost me over 7 bucks to mail shirts to you yesterday. MEDIUM shirts at that!!! :mad:

• Like 1

thanks for reminding me

My account balance is

$1,519.97

started around 4k

have some other smaller amounts elsewhere

I know a dude, if you give him $1200 - he will turn that into $4k in like 2 weeks... No worries, it's legit. :ninja:

Shoot man...it cost me over 7 bucks to mail shirts to you yesterday. MEDIUM shirts at that!!! :mad:

You should just cut one of yours in half and save one for next time

• Like 1

I know a dude, if you give him $1200 - he will turn that into $4k in like 2 weeks... No worries, it's legit. :ninja:

I'd have to withdraw it. I'd rather just use different 1200.

do tell - does this involve Africa?

:lol:

:mad:

You made me spit water on my keyboard. :mad:

You made me spit water on my keyboard. :mad:

What kind of fancy-ass lawnmower has a keyboard?

:D

We are fancy down here in Texas - I even have an app for it. lol

• Like 1

:D