Sign in to follow this  
Beyond Chaos

Later Al Franken

Doesn't look like he's touching her puppies in that pic. Got a little too frisky during a kiss that she agreed to practicing. Albert Franken scandal = A little overblown to say the least.

The pic is support of the overall claim.

It's more than most accusers actually have.

Franken is a creep. It obviously scarred Tweeden; she's speaking up now about it. Seems like double standards abound when it comes to deciding who to believe, and who not to believe.

I consider timing, reputation, evidence, and agenda when considering these incidents. First bit of evidence: Franken demanding that a kiss be 'practiced'.

Let's start there. He wrote the skit which included the kiss. Then he demands that they practice it.

Should ring some alarms and wiggle some red flags right there.

They're both married; the request was skeevy bullsht. Someone in Franken's position and circumstance asking - demanding it - is out of bounds with which to start. The scenario builds from there.

Considering this, I have no reason to doubt Tweeden's story, and every reason to believe that Franken did what she said.

The pic is support of the overall claim.

It's more than most accusers actually have.

Franken is a creep. It obviously scarred Tweeden; she's speaking up now about it. Seems like double standards abound when it comes to deciding who to believe, and who not to believe.

I consider timing, reputation, evidence, and agenda when considering these incidents. First bit of evidence: Franken demanding that a kiss be 'practiced'.

Let's start there. He wrote the skit which included the kiss. Then he demands that they practice it.

Should ring some alarms and wiggle some red flags right there.

They're both married; the request was skeevy bullsht. Someone in Franken's position and circumstance asking - demanding it - is out of bounds with which to start. The scenario builds from there.

Considering this, I have no reason to doubt Tweeden's story, and every reason to believe that Franken did what she said.

Cruz suddenly had 5 mistresses appear when he threatened to win. And then they disappeared.

Herman Cain was accused when he was leading. The accusers disappeared.

Moore is the very definition of antiEstablishment. That is the singular reason why this accusation has appeared. Establishment clowns are telling him to bow out even if there is nothing to these claims.

Riiiight.

He's got the personality to plow right through this; it is highly likely that Alamabans are going to see straight through this as well. "3 other women" that have been talked to claimed the same thing over the past several weeks? I call direct bullsht.

Stay classy, hack.

Not surprising at all, he stood by and watched this happen to Beeks back in 83!

And he thinks drugging and raping the sh!t out of women is funny. He probably learned that from Bill Cosby.

Stay classy, hack.

I cannot imagine how you'd think you're any different. At least I have explained the reasoning behind my decisions - and my comment that you quote on the Moore story was put up initially. I still haven't drawn any hard conclusions on it, but I'm less inclined to be so definitive about Moore now.

I don't know whether or not he's guilty or innocent, but I have two things I elevate above other things:

1. The accusations were from 40 years ago, and with no other evidence provided (that I've seen: if you have some, fork it over).

2. The timing of the charges are intended for political convenience, and not because of any sense of justice.

But you chose to go beyond just Moore here. At this point, the jury of his peers - Alabamans - should judge. If they elect him, and then a civil or criminal case is brought against him, he'll either win or he'll lose.

But again: you went past that. You included my comments on Cruz, and Herman Cain. Hell: I'll throw Anita Hill in there too.

All three of those were demonstrable bullsht. Where are these 'accusers' now? Can you defend that?

No. You can't.

And you also chose to highlight my comment that I have no reason to disbelieve Tweeden. I still don't; you haven't provided any argument to the contrary. I'll wait for one. In the meanwhile...

Stay classy.

I cannot imagine how you'd think you're any different. At least I have explained the reasoning behind my decisions - and my comment that you quote on the Moore story was put up initially. I still haven't drawn any hard conclusions on it, but I'm less inclined to be so definitive about Moore now.

I don't know whether or not he's guilty or innocent, but I have two things I elevate above other things:

1. The accusations were from 40 years ago, and with no other evidence provided (that I've seen: if you have some, fork it over).

2. The timing of the charges are intended for political convenience, and not because of any sense of justice.

But you chose to go beyond just Moore here. At this point, the jury of his peers - Alabamans - should judge. If they elect him, and then a civil or criminal case is brought against him, he'll either win or he'll lose.

But again: you went past that. You included my comments on Cruz, and Herman Cain. Hell: I'll throw Anita Hill in there too.

All three of those were demonstrable bullsht. Where are these 'accusers' now? Can you defend that?

No. You can't.

And you also chose to highlight my comment that I have no reason to disbelieve Tweeden. I still don't; you haven't provided any argument to the contrary. I'll wait for one. In the meanwhile...

Stay classy.

I have...she's a birther, who claimed she was groped based on a photo that doesn't show groping, and claimed she was kissed against her will despite saying she said ok to being kissed for rehearsal reasons.

I have...she's a birther, who claimed she was groped based on a photo that doesn't show groping, and claimed she was kissed against her will despite saying she said ok to being kissed for rehearsal reasons.

Uh huh. There was a lot more than that (including a possible other accuser), and a whole lot more when you consider Franken's reaction to the accusation:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5089713/Radio-host-former-Playboy-model-Al-Franken-GROPED-her.html

Assault involving wife/daughter......gtfo.

Welcome to the geek club. Feel free to come back when you've grown a thicker skin.

Welcome to the geek club. Feel free to come back when you've grown a thicker skin.

I'm not offended by you or what you said. You apparently feel there are no lines you can cross or you can say anything. Very Newbie like.

To be fair, kids of geeks have always been off limit. Wives are fair game though.

• Like 2

Uh huh. There was a lot more than that (including a possible other accuser), and a whole lot more when you consider Franken's reaction to the accusation:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5089713/Radio-host-former-Playboy-model-Al-Franken-GROPED-her.html

There is not more than that. The not very believable accuser has floated a behind the curtain accuser who may come out at a later date...wow compelling. It seems you are reading something into his apology that you would like to be true. To me, it seems like he is blanket apologizing for hurt feelings based on the photo.

This accusation may have occurred, may not have, but so far it doesn't seem like much. FWIW, the Roy Moore stuff seems suspect to me as well.

Looks like he is just mugging for a funny pic to me.

Plus, why is she "sleeping" in a costume like that while sitting in a not too comfortable-looking chair ?

Seems to be a gag situation.

There is not more than that. The not very believable accuser

And what exactly about this 'not very believable accuser' is not very believable again?

has floated a behind the curtain accuser who may come out at a later date...wow compelling.

I mention it to allow you to check your enthusiasm to protect Franken, whose own words betray his guilt. Another accuser...if they show up...is harmful to Franken.

Let's also give a nod to Bert, who predicted that Franken would be snared in this.

It seems you are reading something into his apology that you would like to be true. To me, it seems like he is blanket apologizing for hurt feelings based on the photo.

This accusation may have occurred, may not have, but so far it doesn't seem like much. FWIW, the Roy Moore stuff seems suspect to me as well.

Yeah, this is all just personal thoughts and opinions about who seems guilty, and who doesn't. I have my opinions. I believe Franken is a creep, and I am uncertain on Moore, but tend to think that he is at best (was?) quite the pervy dude many years ago, but possibly at a time when it wasn't so frowned upon, and likely the circumstances are being heavily inflated.

Either way: civil or criminal charges can be filed. Beyond that, it is up to Alabamans to determine for themselves who they'd like to represent them.

Looks like he is just mugging for a funny pic to me.

Plus, why is she "sleeping" in a costume like that while sitting in a not too comfortable-looking chair ?

Seems to be a gag situation.

She was in a military plane, they're like that. She wasn't in custume, they give the celebrities vests and helmets when they do USO shows

To be fair, kids of geeks have always been off limit. Wives are fair game though.

Bull. Can sizes are required of all females

She was in a military plane, they're like that. She wasn't in custume, they give the celebrities vests and helmets when they do USO shows

Ok that makes sense, but it still looks like he is just hamming it up. Why would he give that look to the camera

if he was seriously trying to feel her up? Doubt he wants that type of pic to show off to his buddies or whatever

Ok that makes sense, but it still looks like he is just hamming it up. Why would he give that look to the camera

if he was seriously trying to feel her up? Doubt he wants that type of pic to show off to his buddies or whatever

Feel her up through a flak jacket? Even without the plates you aren't going to get much. He was goofing around and now he has to pay for it.

Like Herb said, he’s clearly just being sophomoric and silly. People will overreact to everything right now.

I think one of the key things here is that this is clearly an "unwanted sexual advance". It's one thing to do it to someone you know and are in a relationship with while they are awake, but completely different to do it to a stranger you are on tour with while they are sleeping. This isn't rape but it is sexual harassment by definition. Also, if it's true, the forced kissed. Even if the forced kiss is not true, I don't think he has much of a case against his actions in the pic. I guess we'll see what becomes of it.

Yeah. I've never seen anyone ask the can size of a daughter before.

I've also never seen anyone call my kid an ass or say everyone hates your kid.

You guys are full of it.

I'm not offended by you or what you said. You apparently feel there are no lines you can cross or you can say anything. Very Newbie like.

Stop it.

I don't even know you. I don't even know if you have a wife or a daughter and couldn't care less.

Stop it.

I don't even know you. I don't even know if you have a wife or a daughter and couldn't care less.

Speaking of thin skin.....you might want to try wearing more padding. Maybe you won't bleed on the couch.

Feel her up through a flak jacket? Even without the plates you aren't going to get much. He was goofing around and now he has to pay for it.

Another good reminder that you cant do anything stupid anymore.

Time was this would be a Polaroid photo stashed away in someones attic. Probably long forgotten. At best pulled out at dinner parties to show people and say look what this US Senator did in front of me! :lol:

But now its all digital. Cant be sent to anyone or posted to thousands or millions in an instant. Every single one of these things is a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode in your face.

Speaking of thin skin.....you might want to try wearing more padding. Maybe you won't bleed on the couch.

Hah. Ok. Tuffy.

Like Herb said, he’s clearly just being sophomoric and silly. People will overreact to everything right now.

The birthers are just trying to run the diversion, before they lose another seat. A political hail Mary. 2018 is going to be a slaughter.

Another good reminder that you cant do anything stupid anymore.

Time was this would be a Polaroid photo stashed away in someones attic. Probably long forgotten. At best pulled out at dinner parties to show people and say look what this US Senator did in front of me! :lol:

But now its all digital. Cant be sent to anyone or posted to thousands or millions in an instant. Every single one of these things is a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode in your face.

I just wonder if it's only a matter of time before it starts coming down to regular folks. Yeah, what he did was sophomoric, but to publicly shame and possibly cost him his job is too far.

The big issue I think is that these politicians and Hollywood stood up on their high horse pointing fingers at Trump voters as if they were immoral for doing so. People are revelling in their comeuppance.

The big issue I think is that these politicians and Hollywood stood up on their high horse pointing fingers at Trump voters as if they were immoral for doing so. People are revelling in their comeuppance.

Well then quit b!tching about the pussification of America and the pc tyranny. Because youre helping to create it.

This sh!t has gotten ridiculous.

Well then quit b!tching about the pussification of America and the pc tyranny. Because youre helping to create it.

This sh!t has gotten ridiculous.

No it hasn't. It's quite enjoyable actually.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said OK :dunno:

I read the thread before the story, got to this post and thought you could be onto something. Then I read the full quote and recognized the cherry picked line...

"On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, We need to rehearse the kiss. I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, Relax Al, this isnt SNLwe dont need to rehearse the kiss.

He continued to insist, and I was beginning to get uncomfortable.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said OK so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldnt be so nice about it the next time.

I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.

I felt disgusted and violated."

Little different, wouldn't you say?

• Like 1

I read the thread before the story, got to this post and thought you could be onto something. Then I read the full quote and recognized the cherry picked line...

"On the day of the show Franken and I were alone backstage going over our lines one last time. He said to me, We need to rehearse the kiss. I laughed and ignored him. Then he said it again. I said something like, Relax Al, this isnt SNLwe dont need to rehearse the kiss.

He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said OK so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.

I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldnt be so nice about it the next time.

I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.

No?

No surprise the liberals leave this out and call it "just a kiss".

Maybe youre right. Maybe youre wrong. But at least we all can agree that its possible that half of all this #meetoo stuff could be strictly politically motivated B.S. and/or people looking or attention.

Its like when people overplay the race card.

At this point, Fock, I dont know who or what to believe. So I tune out.

The wolves are coming! The wolves are coming. Yeah, whatever kid.

No surprise the liberals leave this out and call it "just a kiss".

After 3+ times of ignoring and turning him down, she reluctantly says ok to a kiss and he shoves his tongue in her mouth.

Think about it... That's the defense.