Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Who is the toughest guy on the Geek Club in real life?

When your natural mechanics meet optimal movements already ... it's easy.

Will Luck be better in the long run? We'll see. Will the Arizona Cardinals regret not drafting Nick Foles when they had the chance? No doubt.

That's what I do ... that's what I am an expert at ... i size people up. That's why I have always been good at live poker, is I can read people. Saw a guy once look at his hand, shake his head, and throw his money in ... and I knew he had a Monster. QQ turns out it was. Looked at it, shook his head in an effort to throw off observant players such as myself ... BUT ... I knew he was acting. I knew, he had a monster there. Seen it so many times.

"Oh well, might as well put all my money in now." saw it today and he had aces.

And I said to the guy, "That's about what I figured." as I shoved all my chips in with a four flush .... but brick, brick ... i never hit draws.

He cashed out soon afterwards. I woulda tried to take it all from him in one hand, if I could ... and he knew it.

So, this one was not quite a coinflip. He had the Ad ... still I can figure my chances at about 35% and once i re-raised him, I hafta call. Pot odds.

Had I won that hand, I would have run $120 into over $1k in 2 hours playing 1/2. That would not break my $1300 before lunch while in Vegas, but that was 2/5. That would be a record sesh for me at 1/2 though.

It's interesting, because ... its all regs. Almost, this time of year. i know half the people at the table. But no more mr nice guy. I don't care if you are my friend, I will bluff you on the poker table if I can. My goal is to train people, every time I raise preflop, just fold. If I raise preflop, about the worst hand you can put me on is KQ suited, most of the time. I do not mess with ace rag.

I had a guy, was so sure I had flopped a bigger set, when I flopped 2 pair ... He folded. I had 10, J and he said he folded 44 on a 10, J 4 flop.

I bet, he raised, I shoved. He said, "Really, I finally flop a set and you got a bigger one?" and I quickly responded, "You got pocket fours! Wow." and then went silent. i raised preflop (10,J suited) so he believed I had a bigger set and folded. He didn't show, but I believe he folded bottom set. i was like ... "wow ... Dude ... Did you really lay down a set there? Table change man ...I'm not gonna get any money from you."

That's what convinced him.

How you feel about AK off or 55? 10, J suited has a very similar value preflop.

I may be wrong here, but that would be that hand that loses the most value, unsuited. 10,J. Suited ... It's a good hand. The math says.

Matter of fact, if my opponent had played ak of diamonds the same way earlierr when he had aces, I would have sucked out with a 10 on the river.

Needed a diamond, for a 1k score. Put the fear of God into that kid too. $200 is a lot of money.

Me and my girlfriends once pepper sprayed this chubby schizophrenic and beat him up. :bandana:

Judging by the posting overnight...you should have hit him harder.

• Like 1

please go back on your meds

Judging by the posting overnight...you should have hit him harder.

It's like we're married to him; he is retelling the same stories over and over. Maybe it's time for a divorce. :(

It's like we're married to him; he is retelling the same stories over and over. Maybe it's time for a divorce. :(

Que Ed and his nomoregiantfanboredschtick.

This is cute. I remember back about 15 years ago when I thought I was tough.

You girls have a nice day.

I know who it isn't

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Giants Fan. View it anyway?
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Giants Fan. View it anyway?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

In my 40+ years on this earth, I've found that the toughest guys will never tell you how tough they are. You can just kind of see it.

As for this place, I'd be willing to bet it's someone between 25 and 40. There's a reason fighters generally retire before 40. I know some really tough 40 year-olds, but I doubt they'd do well against really tough 25 year-olds. It's just the way it is.

A lot of people saying Mmmm...beer. That could be. He looks strong, plus has had hand to hand training along the way because of his profession. Plus, he isn't here saying he's tough. That's a sign.

In my 40+ years on this earth, I've found that the toughest guys will never tell you how tough they are. You can just kind of see it.

As for this place, I'd be willing to bet it's someone between 25 and 40. There's a reason fighters generally retire before 40. I know some really tough 40 year-olds, but I doubt they'd do well against really tough 25 year-olds. It's just the way it is.

A lot of people saying Mmmm...beer. That could be. He looks strong, plus has had hand to hand training along the way because of his profession. Plus, he isn't here saying he's tough. That's a sign.

Exactly. Im sure i had a day when i would have done ok...but thats long since past.

But kids...as a general rule....if the guy has cauliflower ears.......youre losing.

Yeah, that's what I think.

Hey Newb, who was the geek sheriff from up North that pinched his thumb off in the pickup gate? After he got it sewed up, he went back to the fishing trip. He must have been pretty tuff.

Yeah, that's what I think.

Hey Newb, who was the geek sheriff from up North that pinched his thumb off in the pickup gate? After he got it sewed up, he went back to the fishing trip. He must have been pretty tuff.

Joneo

Amazing Giants Fan hasn't checked in yet....... :shocking:

I'll post it again, because that freak hijacked his thread. My resume: Undersized varsity noseguard, USMC infantry, NYPD south Bronx and Harlem, current stay at home dad, 8 month old terror. I win.

I'll post it again, because that freak hijacked his thread. My resume: Undersized varsity noseguard, USMC infantry, NYPD south Bronx and Harlem, current stay at home dad, 8 month old terror. I win.

Edit: 4 year old and a 1 year old, also a terror.

FFTodayMike, he makes people disappear for real. :unsure:

:first:

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Giants Fan . View it anyway?
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Giants Fan . View it anyway?
:doh:

Someone can do basic math! :lol:

Waaaa, you're making fun of what I shared!

This thread reminds us all of what we're missing with GFIAFP gone.

Someone can do basic math! :lol:

What a little biotch you are.

Gonna go with beer, as a guy who could probably actually kick some serious ass. Newbie for the muscle's, but probably a puss. BLS could probably knock some fools out too.

:first:

:doh:

:clap:

Prob still say mmbeer unless shown otherwise. Has to be the right combo of relatively young and fit with at least some combat experience. Fat old curmudgeons, no.

Prob still say mmbeer unless shown otherwise. Has to be the right combo of relatively young and fit with at least some combat experience. Fat old curmudgeons, no.

pfft, he's a big nancy, unless you make fun of his family

That was a fun thread, Maybe that was at the closet?

• Like 1

pfft, he's a big nancy, unless you make fun of his family

That was a fun thread, Maybe that was at the closet?

Heeey.. Edjr jr is off limits too dammit! :angry:

I'd imagine sitting back and watching everyone think you're the toughest guy on a messageboard, is similar to waiting to run the 100 at the special Olympics, looking in the stands and have people point and think you're the fastest.