Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Hand

Teens Video Man Drowning And Don't Help

So if they aren't being charged, does that mean their names can be printed? That should definitely happen. Give karma a running start.

So if they aren't being charged, does that mean their names can be printed? That should definitely happen. Give karma a running start.

1. Counting on Social Media to fix that.

2. Who the fock is so focking stuid as to PUT that on SM in the first place?

Why didn't CNN threaten to print their names like they did the meme guy?

Why didn't CNN threaten to print their names like they did the meme guy?

Because they are actual teens not some older guy?

Though...they should be shamed and destroyed for that crap...it was disgusting...but not the same as the crap you brought up to whine about CNN.

Because they are actual teens not some older guy?

Though...they should be shamed and destroyed for that crap...it was disgusting...but not the same as the crap you brought up to whine about CNN.

I don't care if they are teens what they did is ALOT worse than some meme. So you're right. Not the same crap cause what the meme guy did is harmless and a nonstory while what these people did is downright criminal

I guess Black Lives really don't matter....

I'm not watching that....

I wouldn't have jumped in....but call the cops for gods sake.

I don't care if they are teens what they did is ALOT worse than some meme. So you're right. Not the same crap cause what the meme guy did is harmless and a nonstory while what these people did is downright criminal

His meme wasn't the story as much as POTUS tweeting the meme created by a guy with many others memes and racist posts.

And not sure the ages of the kids but if they are minors it makes sense that they won't disclose the names.

His meme wasn't the story as much as POTUS tweeting the meme created by a guy with many others memes and racist posts.

And not sure the ages of the kids but if they are minors it makes sense that they won't disclose the names.

No that guy WAS the story. There is literally no way to get around that. Thousands of people lit CNN up for that.

And I doubt those people in the video are anything less than 17. But even still, you can be charged as an adult in your midteens

No that guy WAS the story. There is literally no way to get around that. Thousands of people lit CNN up for that.

And I doubt those people in the video are anything less than 17. But even still, you can be charged as an adult in your midteens

The guy was the story because of POTUS tweeting his stuff...which led to people seeing he had posted racist crap. That was the story...no doubt that idiots whined that CNN went after him over just the meme...those that did acted idiotically and illogically (par for the course).

Either way...these two are jackasses and it has nothing to do with CNN and the other guy.

They were black. Don Lemon can't be bothered by something so trivial. He will be too busy going over Trump's daily .

Something is truly wrong in our society.

I couldn't watch it from start to finish, I just sort of skipped through so that I could get the point.

I doubt any of those ignorant kids could swim and something happens when people get in groups, they get mob behavior which is often despicable.

If one of those kids were my child....lord help them.

So sad for that man, whoever he was.

I Googled the story and I'm glad the kids will be charged with something.

It should be an example that people shouldn't stand by and not call the police even if they don't want to help.

Also, please don't call these kids the n-word. Deep down they each may have wanted to help, but because they wanted to seem cool, didn't offer or whatever.

This sort of thing happens when people are in groups.

I couldn't watch it from start to finish, I just sort of skipped through so that I could get the point.

I doubt any of those ignorant kids could swim and something happens when people get in groups, they get mob behavior which is often despicable.

It was Cocoa Beach, they all could swim. :lol:

i know a couple of people who, if they were drowning, i would not try to save.

dont worry, drobski, you arent one of them.

It should be an example that people shouldn't stand by and not call the police even if they don't want to help.

Also, please don't call these kids the n-word. Deep down they each may have wanted to help, but because they wanted to seem cool, didn't offer or whatever.

Bull

Bull ######

:dunno:

To be fair, helping a drowning victim is often times dangerous. Second, if tris dude is some derelict junkie it's even more dangerous. I wouldn't have filmed it, but I ain't jumping in there either. Third...honestly how can anyone not know how to swim? It's not some sacred skill passed down to the elite, it's just...you just, do it. I'd have a hard time not swimming, just flailing around can keep you afloat. I don't get the excuse "I don't know how to swim" like it's some complicated skill.

What was cool? Sitting around mocking a guy drowning? What is the definition of cool these days?

Animals.

I don't get the excuse "I don't know how to swim" like it's some complicated skill.

Not like algebra.

• Like 1

I wonder when people will realize this is more a reflection of cell phones and social media.

Was it wrong? You betcha.

Would I have done it? No.

Has it happened before? I bet it has

People aren't all of a sudden more sh!try than before, they're just easier to capture

What was cool? Sitting around mocking a guy drowning? What is the definition of cool these days?

Animals.

I was just trying to explain why, it doesn't mean I'm correct but it is a fact that this behavior exists, not helping when others are around.

I learned about it social psychology. A woman in NYC was stabbed to death and there were many witnesses yet no one called the police or helped. I linked the phenomena for you. In short:

the presence of others inhibits helping, often by a large margin.

Degree of Responsibility: Darley and Latané determined that the degree of responsibility a bystander feels is dependent on three things:

1. Whether or not they feel the person is deserving of help
  2. The competence of the bystander
  3. The relationship between the bystander and the victim

It's too easy to call people n-words if you don't have the education to realize this is a phenomena that commonly happens.

People aren't all of a sudden more sh!try than before, they're just easier to capture

I think there is something about social media and the possibility of having something go viral that might cause some to watch and record instead of helping. For instance a woman is on fire. The natural reaction would be to take off your coat, smother the flames, whatever, but now to some it is to record thinking this is going to get a million views. A exaggeration possibly, but not by much.

I was just trying to explain why, it doesn't mean I'm correct but it is a fact that this behavior exists, not helping when others are around.

I learned about it social psychology. A woman in NYC was stabbed to death and there were many witnesses yet no one called the police or helped. I linked the phenomena for you. In short:

Yeah, but you are missing the point. The idea of diffusion of responsibility is that people don't help because they assume someone else will. If you can see that others aren't helping, it's a different situation.

Yeah, but you are missing the point. The idea of diffusion of responsibility is that people don't help because they assume someone else will. If you can see that others aren't helping, it's a different situation.

hmm.....well, that's true.....okay, i take back my point. :thumbsup:

they were just a$$holes.

To be fair, helping a drowning victim is often times dangerous. Second, if tris dude is some derelict junkie it's even more dangerous. I wouldn't have filmed it, but I ain't jumping in there either. Third...honestly how can anyone not know how to swim? It's not some sacred skill passed down to the elite, it's just...you just, do it. I'd have a hard time not swimming, just flailing around can keep you afloat. I don't get the excuse "I don't know how to swim" like it's some complicated skill.

You are absolutely right. God, it just sucks that they didn't have some sort of device that would allow him to contact emergency authorities.

I guess Alanis Morissette was right. It's like 10000 cameras when all you need is a phone.

• Like 1

I guess Alanis Morissette was right. It's like 10000 cameras when all you need is a phone.

:first:

Figurs

It's too easy to call people n-words if you don't have the education to realize this is a phenomena that commonly happens.

Stop trying to explain away the behavior of these animals. Focking animals.

I can barely swim, but I'd jump in to help the guy.

Kitty Genovese