Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Mizzou president resigns

I've read this thread and a couple of stories about this today and my reaction is :sleep:

Me too. I just assumed something "racial" happened with this President and the students and football team protested and he resigned. The President must have said something he shouldn't have I thought. Good for the students I thought.

Then I learned, well, the President didn't do anything himself. And he wanted to meet with this "group" to talk about diversity and what can be done, but that was not enough. Then I read the list of demands. Yeah. That's when my BS antenna went up.

I'm thinking these students should've went to a different university if Mizzou is so messed up. They must feel pretty dumbish right now.

List of Demands

I. We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology to the Concerned Student 1­9­5­0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1­9­5­0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal a new amendment to UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.

III. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians' demands that were presented in 1969 for the betterment of the black community.

IV. We demand that the University of Missouri creates and enforces comprehensive racial awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory for all students, faculty, staff, and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained, and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff, and faculty of color.

V. We demand that by the academic year 2017-­2018, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff campus­wide to 10%.

VI. We demand that the University of Missouri composes a strategic 10 year plan by May 1, 2016 that will increase retention rates for marginalized students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus.

VII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding and resources for the University of Missouri Counseling Center for the purpose of hiring additional mental health professionals; particularly those of color, boosting mental health outreach and programming across campus, increasing campus­wide awareness and visibility of the counseling center, and reducing lengthy wait times for prospective clients.

VIII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources, and personnel for the social justices centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus, and increasing campus­wide awareness and visibility.

Focking entitled left wing terrorists

That college is ruined. Won't be long until the brick eating locust decend upon it and all that will be left is some off brand chicken places, a Malcolm x blvd and a check cashing place.

This is awful. Like some of you guys, going into learning about the story, I hadn't realized I would actually give so much of a sh*t coming out of it. That's not the case at all. I'm focking p*ssed. This is disgusting. I have a new least favorite college football program. I suspect I'm going to have a chip on my shoulder against this school permanently. My kids are't going there.

This could be any school. A$$holes like this are all over academia bullying their diversity bullsh*t everywhere. I can't blame the UM president too much, he didn't do anything wrong, didn't sign up for this and I wouldn't want to be the front line dealing with them either, but now that the nutcases have his head, they're encoraged for more, this could snowball. It'd be nice to have seen some backbone instead.

• Like 1

Sadly, these morons think they made a meaningful change, but that is not the case. The practice of protest is now just a vehicle for venting, it no longer actually means anything.

If you are mad about anything just protest, burn, loot....fock actually engaging the problem or holding people accountable. These retards are celebrating when in reality they lost.

Haven't paid much attention to this story but it sounds pretty focking stupid from the brief bit I saw on the news

These retards are celebrating when in reality they lost.

:thumbsup:

Sadly, these morons think they made a meaningful change, but that is not the case. The practice of protest is now just a vehicle for venting, it no longer actually means anything.

If you are mad about anything just protest, burn, loot....fock actually engaging the problem or holding people accountable. These retards are celebrating when in reality they lost.

Their protest 100% meant something. They forced out an administrator who ignored them. They empowered themselves without violence. They held the administrator accountable and kicked him out of power. He admitted that he should have engaged them sooner. I may not agree with everything written in their demands but the school administration dragged their feet and deserved to be held accountable. Yes protesting is good. People learning that they can effect more change with peaceful protest than they can with violence is good. This is what makes America better than places like Russia, China and the Middle East.

Peacefully protesting is different from burning and looting. Ghandi and MLK protested.

Their protest 100% meant something. They forced out an administrator who ignored them. They empowered themselves without violence. They held the administrator accountable and kicked him out of power. He admitted that he should have engaged them sooner. I may not agree with everything written in their demands but the school administration dragged their feet and deserved to be held accountable. Yes protesting is good. People learning that they can effect more change with peaceful protest than they can with violence is good. This is what makes America better than places like Russia, China and the Middle East.

Peacefully protesting is different from burning and looting. Ghandi and MLK protested.

You are such a bundle of sticks

just another example of Cultural Marxism to divide & destabilize

This is how Republicans are created. It makes me question the fact that I vote with these types, and I've paid my dues as a proud Democrat, but my loyalty is being chipped away.

• Like 1

This is how Republicans are created. It makes me question the fact that I vote with these types, and I've paid my dues as a proud Democrat, but my loyalty is being chipped away.

I don't think your party is too concerned. They can easily replace your vote with a few million illegals. http://www.breitbart.com/california/2015/10/12/gov-jerry-brown-signs-bill-allowing-illegal-aliens-vote/

It's not like the oposing party is an option.

Right. That's my dilemma. Sh!t or Poop, which one you want?

• Like 1

That's encouraging, but the GOP isn't any better. At least the left are starting to come out of the closet and showing their stripes.

It's not like the oposing party is an option.

There's the cultural Marxists or the people who read Breitbart. Great choice.

Please take your thoughtful analysis someplace else. This is the Geek Bored. In Geek Bored America, if you don't like something, you suck it up.

That college is ruined. Won't be long until the brick eating locust decend upon it and all that will be left is some off brand chicken places, a Malcolm x blvd and a check cashing place.

And a Waffle House with four letters lit.

Please take your thoughtful analysis someplace else. This is the Geek Bored. In Geek Bored America, if you don't like something, you suck it up.

Geek club 1955 - 'Who does that Rosa Parks think she is? She should be grateful that she can sit in the back of the bus! She should be banned from the bus altogether and made to walk! Next thing you know, they'll want to use the same bathrooms and eat at the same restaurants as us!'

• Like 1

Geek club 1955 - 'Who does that Rosa Parks think she is? She should be grateful that she can sit in the back of the bus! She should be banned from the bus altogether and made to walk! Next thing you know, they'll want to use the same bathrooms and eat at the same restaurants as us!'

And in typical Geek Club fashion you go from one extreme all the way to the other. :(

I have no idea what RLLD was talking about, the "way" in which these students - athletes went about their protest was just fine. Peaceful protest bringing light to a subject they thought was in the dark.

I was all the way with them until I read that list of demands (have you read those?) and learned that the President wanted to meet with them and bring in a "Diversity" team to better investigate what they felt were pertinent issues. But they declined and said either he meets their demands or they continue on. My way or the highway they said.

That's when I stopped caring about their "cause". This group brought light to the issue, they got everyone's attention, the President was willing to dive in head first to help. But by then this group had turned into the bully, they had the power and much like the President weren't willing to concede any of that power. Shame on them too.

Now you guys see what us ku fans have been dealing with for years :o

Also, I'm in Columbia all day today for meetings

:shrug:

If Missouri was a top ten team, do you think any of the players would boycott?

my brother and I were talking about this last night. no chance any of them boycott if they were good.

And in typical Geek Club fashion you go from one extreme all the way to the other. :(

I have no idea what RLLD was talking about, the "way" in which these students - athletes went about their protest was just fine. Peaceful protest bringing light to a subject they thought was in the dark.

I was all the way with them until I read that list of demands (have you read those?) and learned that the President wanted to meet with them and bring in a "Diversity" team to better investigate what they felt were pertinent issues. But they declined and said either he meets their demands or they continue on. My way or the highway they said.

That's when I stopped caring about their "cause". This group brought light to the issue, they got everyone's attention, the President was willing to dive in head first to help. But by then this group had turned into the bully, they had the power and much like the President weren't willing to concede any of that power. Shame on them too.

The only thing I take issue with is the football team getting involved. That's literally the only reason the guy resigned. If the team didn't play, the university was on the hook for a cancellation fee of $1 million. The coach should have told the offended players that they could do something to show solidarity with the protesters, but supporting them in their refusal to play is over the line.

Every protest group has ridiculous demands. Normally, if a protest is successful, the aggrieved group and the object of the protest meet and hash things out, which, apparently, this guy was willing to do. Bringing in the football team pumped the protest full of steroids and they got one of the things they wanted, but I think they overplayed their hand and won't get most of the rest of what they want.

Exactly my point. Who are the bullies now?

Our leftist Government & media have created & empowered these twits, we are just now beginning to reap the harvest.

False logic at play. They tossed out a guy who tried to work with them, demonstrated understanding, reacted positively to their voice.

Meanwhile they fed the idiots who actually did this, who remain unchallenged. The out come did nothing but delay potential action, if anything meaningful actually does occur.

Oh, and good luck finding a quality te placement after what just happened......so stupid....so exceptionally stupid

Our leftist Government & media have created & empowered these twits, we are just now beginning to reap the harvest.

Now that's some fine insight and analysis right there.

:thumbsup:

Common space at the University btw. :rolleyes:

Protesters opposing media coverage? Just when you thought they couldn't get any dumber. What a bunch of asshats.

Protesters opposing media coverage? Just when you thought they couldn't get any dumber. What a bunch of asshats.

Why not? Today people protest for every imaginable stupid reason

Why not? Today people protest for every imaginable stupid reason

I realize that, but isn't the point of protesting to get EXPOSURE for your cause. Why would they be trying to push the media away? Except that they're a bunch of self-righteous focktards who get drunk with power the second they perceive themselves as having a little. :dunno:

• Like 1

False logic at play. They tossed out a guy who tried to work with them, demonstrated understanding, reacted positively to their voice.

Meanwhile they fed the idiots who actually did this, who remain unchallenged. The out come did nothing but delay potential action, if anything meaningful actually does occur.

Oh, and good luck finding a quality te placement after what just happened......so stupid....so exceptionally stupid

They tossed out the guy that refused to meet with them, had his driver push them out of the way with his car, and generally ignored them until the football team got involved.

So the president is the fall guy for a dumb college kid being a dumb college kid.

Good luck at filling that job in the future.