Sign in to follow this  
Reality

2018 NBA playoffs

Wait Wut? :shocking:

https://thebiglead.com/2018/05/15/video-lebron-james-heads-to-locker-room-after-taking-foul-to-face-from-jayson-tatum/

Full video in link.

Tatums shoulder, CLEARLY smacks (full speed and hard) Lebron right in the jaw, like a knockout boxing punch would do.

Wether it was a fould or not, whatever, it was a loose ball.....I can see it both ways from a foul perspective but there is nothing "poosay" about taking a shot like that. :doh:

Are y'all even watching these games?

I was there and going by what I saw.

I was there and going by what I saw.

:lol:

wow.

were you wearing a referee jersey over your green team underoos?

I completely disagree with you on this and I was there (and watching the game). Lebron was dominant in the first quarter. He had 21 points with a lot of work taking place to get those 21. Later in the game, he looked to be focusing in on being a table setter with good passing, which is how he ended up with the assists.

He was a dominant scorer and the Celts had a really hard time stopping him, although they really used 4-5 defenders on him to make him work consistently. What he didn't do well was shoot free throws (missed 3 of his first 4, if I remember) and he had some turnovers as a result of looking to pass more than shoot. He is a poosay as that foul before he went to the locker room was not even a foul. If anything, it looked like the ball hit him in the face.

Lebron scored 21 in the first quarter and they were winning. Why wouldn't he continue to try and score? If it's working why change? Make them adjust and I don't think Boston really changed anything with regards to how they defended Lebron.

wow. Take the green teamer glasses off. way off base here

Shoulder right to the jaw. Almost looked blatant

Heard that on the radio.

Lebron scored 21 in the first quarter and they were winning. Why wouldn't he continue to try and score? If it's working why change? Make them adjust and I don't think Boston really changed anything with regards to how they defended Lebron.

He quit. Patfat just refuses to tell the truth today

Heard that on the radio.

you listen to the radio while you were at the game?

you're starting to sound like fibgy

Your team is up 2-0 and already complaining about officiating. Come on people. Sheesh.

Not complaining, which I stated. I was pointing out how the Cs didn't get any home cooking, if anything the calls leaned the Cavs way. Anyone else see this differently?

Bosh won a title with LeBron. I said he was one of three legit 2nd options among your list of mostly dreck. I have no idea why Love sucks now, but watching him play hes a tissue soft jump shooter with almost no post game and I suspect like a lot of players his #s in Minny were a function of being the top option on a bad team.

It happens. MCW was ROY on a dreadful 76er team. Whose fault is it that he is useless now?

Are you telling me this Cavs team is any good outside of James?

You didn't say Bosh was one of three legit 2nd options. You said he was POSSIBLY enough of a scorer to be a 2nd option.....and I'll also add that Bosh didn't win a title with Lebron as a 2nd option. That was Wade.

I know it sounds like I'm nitpicking your statements, but the point I'm making is this.....you've set the highest criteria imaginable for what qualifies as an adequate 2nd (or 3rd) scoring option for Lebron. The only guy that has clearly met that criteria in your mind is NBA Scoring Champion Dwyane Wade.

He quit. Patfat just refuses to tell the truth today

Lebron played his ass off. Geez people. :doh:

Ya'lls team is up 2-0 in the Conference Finals and all you can talk about is LeBron.

Maybe, just maybe, the Celtics played their ass off too, at home and won two games. It can happen. Rozier has stepped up in a crazy way, all guys are making shots, hell the Game of Thrones cast member Baynes is like 50% from 3. Your team has played amazing. Good grief.

Every game isn't some referendum on LeBron James, as if his "legacy" changes day to day. WTF.

you listen to the radio while you were at the game?

you're starting to sound like fibgy

Did you hear it on the radio because you did not watch? that is what I was referring to.

Not complaining, which I stated. I was pointing out how the Cs didn't get any home cooking, if anything the calls leaned the Cavs way. Anyone else see this differently?

Morris yelling in the face of Thompson could have easily been a taunting Flagrant 1. I'm sure homer Cav's fans have a half dozen other "bad" or borderline calls they could name. That's basketball.

You MUST understand you're watching this stuff threw different lenses than others. At least on the close calls. We all do, but I try to at least be self aware of it.

I do think Lebron was affected by the shoulder to the jaw. That along with missing the free throws, maybe tiring out a bit, kept him from taking it to the hoop.

I do think Lebron was affected by the shoulder to the jaw. That along with missing the free throws, maybe tiring out a bit, kept him from taking it to the hoop.

I kinda agree, it was like the air was taken out of the room. If I recall Cavs were up like 10 points when it happened, late in the second half. The lead was cut to six or seven at half and then Celtics dominated the 3rd Quarter.

That moment seemed to be the turning point.

But In the end I think the Cavs get it done. Regardless of tonights outcome to be honest.

Quoting so it can't be deleted. :D

Quoting so it can't be deleted. :D

I don't delete. I take my medicine like a man. :thumbsup:

You didn't say Bosh was one of three legit 2nd options. You said he was POSSIBLY enough of a scorer to be a 2nd option.....and I'll also add that Bosh didn't win a title with Lebron as a 2nd option. That was Wade.

I know it sounds like I'm nitpicking your statements, but the point I'm making is this.....you've set the highest criteria imaginable for what qualifies as an adequate 2nd (or 3rd) scoring option for Lebron. The only guy that has clearly met that criteria in your mind is NBA Scoring Champion Dwyane Wade.

Well on the flip side youre throwing out JAGs like Larry Hughes coming off an outlier career year to make the case that LeBron had a top scorer that season to make your case.

Maybe the issue is that his supporting cast is pretty bad, not that LeBron made Kevin Love forget how to score. :dunno:

I completely disagree with you on this and I was there (and watching the game). Lebron was dominant in the first quarter. He had 21 points with a lot of work taking place to get those 21. Later in the game, he looked to be focusing in on being a table setter with good passing, which is how he ended up with the assists.

He was a dominant scorer and the Celts had a really hard time stopping him, although they really used 4-5 defenders on him to make him work consistently. What he didn't do well was shoot free throws (missed 3 of his first 4, if I remember) and he had some turnovers as a result of looking to pass more than shoot. He is a poosay as that foul before he went to the locker room was not even a foul. If anything, it looked like the ball hit him in the face.

He is LeFlop and we all know that but, you are way off on this one.

He took a pretty good shot. He's so used to flopping he wasn't sure how to handle an actual hard shot. It was kind of tough to watch, he may have been concussed.

• Like 1

He took a pretty good shot. He's so used to flopping he wasn't sure how to handle an actual hard shot. It was kind of tough to watch, he may have been concussed.

Dude would have quit the NBA in the 80's.

Tatums shoulder to the head? That looked almost exactly like the blow that broke Embiids orbital socket. You would be nuts to keep playing w/out getting checked out first.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cried wolf one too many times

Switching gears a bit.. Saw an interesting stat.

Total Amount of Dribbles in Game 1:

Harden - 550

Curry Durant Thompson combined - 549

Well on the flip side youre throwing out JAGs like Larry Hughes coming off an outlier career year to make the case that LeBron had a top scorer that season to make your case.

Maybe the issue is that his supporting cast is pretty bad, not that LeBron made Kevin Love forget how to score. :dunno:

Larry Hughes had seasons averaging 23 pts, 22 pts, 19 pts, 17 pts, and 15 pts. So the average of 22 pts (top 20 in the league I believe) on a team that was a #5 seed the year before joining Lebron wasn't a crazy outlier on a bad team....He was a decent 2nd option in that short window.

In the end, I'm just trying to determine what you consider an adequate 2nd scorer and 3rd scorer, how many teams currently have guys that meet your criteria, etc.

Harden - 550

well.... the warriors are known to move the ball and make the extra pass

Harden - 550

@RainmanTwitter?

I kinda agree, it was like the air was taken out of the room. If I recall Cavs were up like 10 points when it happened, late in the second half. The lead was cut to six or seven at half and then Celtics dominated the 3rd Quarter.

That moment seemed to be the turning point.

I think that you mean first half. He came back in during the last part of the 2nd quarter. He went out at 3:48 left (up 11) and came back at 1:57 (up 10). Lead was 7 at the half.

Larry Hughes had seasons averaging 23 pts, 22 pts, 19 pts, 17 pts, and 15 pts. So the average of 22 pts (top 20 in the league I believe) on a team that was a #5 seed the year before joining Lebron wasn't a crazy outlier on a bad team....He was a decent 2nd option in that short window.

In the end, I'm just trying to determine what you consider an adequate 2nd scorer and 3rd scorer, how many teams currently have guys that meet your criteria, etc.

Hughes career PPG is around 14. 150% of his normal scoring output isnt an outlier? He also got hurt all the time fwiw.

Are you ever going to say whether you think this CLE team is any good?

Yep. It was akin to being punched. And not a glancing blow type punch. That shoulder connected.

well.... the warriors are known to move the ball and make the extra pass

Maybe that has something to do with why they keep winning championships?

Maybe that has something to do with why they keep winning championships?

one of many factors

Nailed it.

Nailed what? Tell me what dues the Boston team has paid? And they are every bit as young if not younger than Philly.

I said in some convos with my buddies...i think philly gets to the finals this year....and gets swept by either GS or houston.

cyclone, you're getting caught up in another conversation. That reply was from last night not directed at you........but since you asked.

You said the above on page 1, others were all over Philly back then too. It's what all the pundits were raving about. Philly was the Team Du Jour.

I said to not be a prisoner of the moment and Philly has zero playoff experience and they have no shot of making it that far, this year.

That's all. We can move along.

Who do you like tonight?

cyclone, you're getting caught up in another conversation. That reply was from last night not directed at you........but since you asked.

You said the above on page 1, others were all over Philly back then too. It's what all the pundits were raving about. Philly was the Team Du Jour.

I said to not be a prisoner of the moment and Philly zero playoff experience and they have no shot of making it that far, this year.

That's all. We can move along.

Who do you like tonight?

Ha well not like Philly got blown out. They could just as easily be there.

Man I just don't see how Houston wins. I mean you got good games out of Harden and Chris Paul and you still got blown out at home.

When the Cavs lose they can't blame losing Kyrie because Boston lost him too!

Ha well not like Philly got blown out. They could just as easily be there.

Man I just don't see how Houston wins. I mean you got good games out of Harden and Chris Paul and you still got blown out at home.

Do they need a third scorer too? :dunno:

I predict multiple technical fouls tonight. Word on twitter is Draymond hasnt been taking his Meds.

When the Cavs lose they can't blame losing Kyrie because Boston lost him too!

Won't stop KSB

Its amazing how games change when you start making shots. Rockets desperately needed that one.