I'm really wondering about MobileCoin. My spidey sense says that this is very worthwhile, but I can't find much information on it - including if it's even available to trade at the moment.

I like what Marlinspike has said is the purpose of it - seems to align with IOTA's purpose - but I can't find it anywhere! I think we need to get in on one of these before anyone else does.

I'm really wondering about MobileCoin. My spidey sense says that this is very worthwhile, but I can't find much information on it - including if it's even available to trade at the moment.

I like what Marlinspike has said is the purpose of it - seems to align with IOTA's purpose - but I can't find it anywhere! I think we need to get in on one of these before anyone else does.

https://betapage.co/startup/world-mobile-coin

In general, people don't like to talk specifics about their personal finances. It's uncouth.

Dont tell mmm...beer that! He wont have anything to post about anymore.

• Like 1

I know you don't need my help, but a Hundo? :shocking: bwahahaha

whats wrong with that? buy 1000 shares and sit on em for 2-3 years

I really am doing this for fun, money isn't an issue in my life

whats wrong with that? buy 1000 shares and sit on em for 2-3 years

I really am doing this for fun, money isn't an issue in my life

I already assumed a hundred wasn't an issue, that's why I chuckled. Throw a grand or 2 on each at least. Fock, shoot for the moon man, this is easy money!

Is that the same one? I am not sure it is.

I dont know Im not sure. If its not you should be able to find it there though.

I already assumed a hundred wasn't an issue, that's why I chuckled. Throw a grand or 2 on each at least. Fock, shoot for the moon man, this is easy money!

I have a ton in LTC and ETH, also a nice chunk in IOTA

These penny ones, I was just going to lock away for my son

I have a ton in LTC and ETH, also a nice chunk in IOTA

These penny ones, I was just going to lock away for my son

I would not take that strategy. Instead: follow on Twitter anyone who is linked to the penny CCs you've invested in. That way you can keep your finger on news coming out about each one, and move quickly to dump any that falter.

Most are going to falter, and you're going to want to save capital when they do.

I would not take that strategy. Instead: follow on Twitter anyone who is linked to the penny CCs you've invested in. That way you can keep your finger on news coming out about each one, and move quickly to dump any that falter.

Most are going to falter, and you're going to want to save capital when they do.

I try to hang on to news when a certain coin is backed by good tech or has useful applications.

Thats why I shorted it. It was created as a joke and went up 50% yesterday. EASY money if you short it.

For real, though. How did you short it? I don't understand how it would even be possible. Is it also on a futures market or something?

For real, though. How did you short it? I don't understand how it would even be possible. Is it also on a futures market or something?

Yea Im aware shorting is like, betting against a stock or something. But how do you short a coin?

Yea Im aware shorting is like, betting against a stock or something. But how do you short a coin?

Go into Margin trading on Polo and put a sell order in.

I'm starting to look into ICOs, where one can make the most from their investment. It's riskier for sure, but it's very enticing to throw a few dollars at a few coins.

Interesting to look back on positions stated on this stuff from two years ago. I'm still a total noob on the software underpinnings of this entire thing and am just trying to catch a wave - hopefully a big wave - and want to catch the right one(s).

Here's the 100,000 foot view of what I'm getting out of these discussions.

There seems to be the blockchain side of this stuff, and the not blockchain stuff. Those who are tied to the blockchain side really make sport of attacking the non-blockchain side (like IOTA) read: don't ever "roll your own crypto" blahblahblah.

I answer: why? How can you avoid the scalability issue of blockchain technology unless you're willing to break free from the limiting paradigms of blockchain-based cryptos and try something new...like Tangle technology?

My understanding of Tangle is that it relies on two subsequent transactions to form a mathematical 'proof' of the prior transaction, and - thus - does away with 'mining' for the subsequent 'proof' (which is my understanding of what 'mining' actually is at its core: a further 'working' of a mathematical equation which finds the next 'answer', thus validating the last answer discovered.

Kinda the same thing...except that the 'miners' in Tangle are actually the transactors themselves. That means that a 'Tangle' network is self-maintaining, but also needs a 'kickstart' of enough 'transactions' in order to begin its validation process. Once up, though, it runs increasingly efficiently when compared to a blockchain scale, and that's where IOTA has a major advantage over other forms of cryptos, including even ETH. IOTA appears to be a 'cost-free' mechanism in a way that BTC, ETH, LTC, or any (most?) others cannot be.

People have come up with numerous other CCs - also based upon blockchain software, and they claim that they are improved versions of BTC's initial effort - but I am not sure how they shed the core shortcoming of the blockchain structure, which is based upon the necessity of a form of mathematical 'mining' that seems impractical to me, and an eventual figurative (or literal) anchor around any network's neck.

Things like MobileCoin claim to have overcome this issue - but it's just a proclamation so far; I have yet to see any 'there' there.

From what I understand. It would certainly explain the vitriol directed at IOTA, if I have this straight.

You're probably right. Cryptocurrency is a very complex world. It's important to understand what people want from their crypto.

There are a large portion of crypto acolytes that want some form of digital coin to be the one true currency, and anything that doesn't lend itself to that end, they hate.

another CC I helped bury

Verge :lol:

another CC I helped bury

Verge :lol:

No way, you reccomended it at 2 cents and it’s been holding at 5-6 and even booming to 9 at one point.

You're probably right. Cryptocurrency is a very complex world. It's important to understand what people want from their crypto.

There are a large portion of crypto acolytes that want some form of digital coin to be the one true currency, and anything that doesn't lend itself to that end, they hate.

I dont think most people want anything from their crypto except to rise in value.

Id be curious what percentage of crypto owners have ever actually used crypto for its supposed purpose. To pay for stuff.

I kinda see it going down like the internet did. In the beginning, there were all these small little sites run by some dude. MySpace. YouTube. Etc. eventually they all got gobbled up by some corporate entity.

There will likely be one coin to rule them all at some point. But it wont be some thing with no control from the system.

I dont think most people want anything from their crypto except to rise in value.

If you truly believe that, you should sell all the crypto you own (if any)

If you truly believe that, you should sell all the crypto you own (if any)

Am I wrong? I freely admit I may well be.

I only hear it discussed as an investment vehicle. I never hear of anyone using it as currency.

Id be curious what percentage of crypto owners have ever actually used crypto for its supposed purpose. To pay for stuff.

I kinda see it going down like the internet did. In the beginning, there were all these small little sites run by some dude. MySpace. YouTube. Etc. eventually they all got gobbled up by some corporate entity.

There will likely be one coin to rule them all at some point. But it wont be some thing with no control from the system.

The bubble will burst, most coins will be useless. It's inevitable. Right now though, because there is so much optimism, and people want to bet on that one coin, these small shlt coins are going up in value. Even the decent coins won't make it most likely. It's why I like XVG as an alt, the privacy coins seem likely to be integrated, though we will see how the law shakes out on them.

I was thinking of getting into an ICO or two, but I feel like the ship has sailed on those. There will be some that jump in value, but who knows which? Honestly, it's probably the coin with the best marketing strategy. But that's all the investment would be, as a hope the coin increases, not the actual product.

I was looking at Graphene Power. It's supposed to revolutionize batter power and life. They are basically claiming to have a batter that will charge phones 20x faster or whatever their claim was. Their road map seems so unrealistic. It's rated as a top ICO to invest in, but it seems really shady if I look into their actual plans. Basically, give us a ton of money, we will then come up with the actual plan, then we will build our product, then we will sell it and change the world.

The fact that ICOs don't scale their pre sale on tokens/coins is very concerning. When Ethereum was at $300, an investor would still get the same amount of coins as if it was $800/ Ether. That's absolute bull . I'm valuing these companies at like $$3/share, some of them, without a product they can even show me?? It's up. So it's not like a $200 investment will grow into something like the original investors in XVG got.

Also, what does it say about the Ethereum network? It's great that most currencies are using it to base their platform on, but what happens when most currencies don't exist any more?

Am I wrong? I freely admit I may well be.

I only hear it discussed as an investment vehicle. I never hear of anyone using it as currency.

:doh:

This is a viable investment vehicle because of its viability as a currency. This is forward-thinking investment in the future, and in the IoT. You "never heard" of anyone using it as a currency because the mechanisms - extremely similar to Apple Pay - are being set up as we speak! There are scalability/other issues to overcome, but that's why this is still a great early investment.

That will be used as the basis of transactions of all sorts.

Also, what does it say about the Ethereum network? It's great that most currencies are using it to base their platform on, but what happens when most currencies don't exist any more?

Not sure I get your concern here. Ethereum isn't valuable because all these sht coins are basing their coins off of them (though I would expect that some current value - and buzz - is derived from that). Ethereum's utility goes far beyond that, as a medium of exchange in the IoT.

Buterin (founder of ETH) is constantly working on the programming and is consistently increasing his network's ability to handle more transactions per second, which is going to be key in making ETH a cornerstone of future digital transactions.

Not sure I get your concern here. Ethereum isn't valuable because all these sht coins are basing their coins off of them (though I would expect that some current value - and buzz - is derived from that). Ethereum's utility goes far beyond that, as a medium of exchange in the IoT.

Buterin (founder of ETH) is constantly working on the programming and is consistently increasing his network's ability to handle more transactions per second, which is going to be key in making ETH a cornerstone of future digital transactions.

I think the value in Ethereum is probably what it evolves into, beyond the currency "highway" implications

• Like 1

Love Buterin. Kid is from mars, would never bet against him.

No way, you reccomended it at 2 cents and it’s been holding at 5-6 and even booming to 9 at one point.

I'm dumb.

I thought it was under a cent, when it was at 8 :wall:

if I were to sell all my verge right now, I'd make a modest 5k in a week.

I'm dumb.

I thought it was under a cent, when it was at 8 :wall:

if I were to sell all my verge right now, I'd make a modest 5k in a week.

Figures. Verge is one I didnt buy.

I think the value in Ethereum is probably what it evolves into, beyond the currency "highway" implications

Oh, absolutely - and I view IOTA exactly the same way.

In listening to Buterin describe sharding as it will be integrated into Eth2.0, it sounds a whole lot like 'the tangle' in how it operates.