Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Pelosi Playing Politics

Quoted for future reference.

You think hes getting a 1,000 mile 30-foot Wall? Lol.

I also predict Mexico wont pay for it.

You think hes getting a 1,000 mile 30-foot Wall? Lol.

I also predict Mexico wont pay for it.

Keep putting werds in other people's mouths you hack.

• Like 1

You dont get it! MDC is just joking around. He doesnt mean anything he says. Even though he posts here most every day quite a bit a day.

Gah, I cant imagine.

It has to be exhausting, not sure how he does it.

You dont get it! MDC is just joking around. He doesnt mean anything he says. Even though he posts here most every day quite a bit a day.

Gah, I cant imagine.

It has to be exhausting, not sure how he does it.

I figured him out 15 years ago. He's an idiot. It wasn't that hard.

I'd love an honest discussion about why a Wall isn't needed or doesn't work or isn't needed in certain places yada yada. I'm all ears. Personally I can see where Walls may not be needed. Where simply more and other means of enforcement may be better suited to help curb illegal immigration.

The amount, 5.7 Billion isn't the issue. At least it shouldn't be, that is barely more than Obama added to immigration in the 2016 Budget.

But we all know the real reason here. Trump wants it. Nothing else matters.

I gave some thoughts in another thread and it was ignored. Nobody wants the discussion.

That said, Baker or whoever is asking the benefit of something not existing is obviously silly. Whats the benefit of my not having an umbrella? The answer is the same I guess.

Instead, people need to explain the actual benefits of the item they think we need to spend $25B on over the next 5 years. Most of the ones given related to drugs and terorrists have been proven completely incorrect by the government.

But as many have said, its not even about the wall. Its not even about immigration. Its about Trump or the Democrats being assigned a win or a loss. Thats the only game now.

• Like 1

Link?

You're full of shiot.

Pursuant to rules enacted during the civil War, unauthorized members attempting to storm Congress can and will be shot on sight. True facts, Cheney was almost blown away in 2006.if it weren't for John boehner getting in between him and the sniper, he be dead by now.

Pursuant to rules enacted during the civil War, unauthorized members attempting to storm Congress can and will be shot on sight. True facts, ###### Cheney was almost blown away in 2006.if it weren't for John boehner getting in between him and the sniper, he be dead by now.

Yep. I remember this vividly, although some of the networks refused to cover the story.

I'd love an honest discussion about why a Wall isn't needed or doesn't work or isn't needed in certain places yada yada. I'm all ears. Personally I can see where Walls may not be needed. Where simply more and other means of enforcement may be better suited to help curb illegal immigration.

it's hard to have an honest discussion when Trump hasn't been honest about any of his reasons. Even his own border patrol has shut him down repeatedly on his claims. There was the 4,000 terrorist bullshittin. Then there was the idea that massive amounts of drugs are being smuggled in through areas that aren't actually official ports of entry.

Then there was the trope about Mexicans stealing our jobs. Yet unemployment is at a record low and for the government's own records, our birth rate isn't enough to sustain our GDP.

Then of course then of course, is the whole Mexico is going to pay for it bullshiit.

even tonight, the border patrol was taking members of the press through an active smuggling tunnel that would have gone right underneath the wall. One of dozens or hundreds.

Then of course, the cost. Won't cost anywhere near five billion dollars. At best? Five times that. Other estimates? As much as 15 times that.

but no one's talking about that. Much like they're not talking about the hundreds if not thousands of legal claims against eminent domain that will clog up our courts until everyone on this board is six feet under.

So yeah, it'd be great to have an honest conversation. so far, there hasn't been one thing the president has said with regard to the wall it hasn't been disproven by his own government agencies. The same people who stand to get a multibillion-dollar raise in their budget. Not some partisan Democratic hack.

I'll listen to the guy's spouting truth even when it cost them billions of dollars in their budget. They seem to be the most trustworthy.

• Like 1

We been over this: The House wont give Trump the Wall because Trumps Wall is a political stunt. He gambled on a campaign stunt and lost bigly. Take the L and move on Donald.

Well said. Nancy has won. Trump lost.

She got him to take full responsibility for the shutdown in December. She has gotten the better of him in the war of words all January long. She is pulling the plug on his state of the union address.

The time has come for him to accept this one sided defeat and move on to more important issues like opening the damn government.

• Like 1

The amount, 5.7 Billion isn't the issue. At least it shouldn't be, that is barely more than Obama added to immigration in the 2016 Budget.

But we all know the real reason here. Trump wants it. Nothing else matters.

I thought you and I already solved this issue weeks ago. No one listens and I dont think either party wants to solve the problem. They just want to put the other side down.

Oh, Jesus. :doh:

It's true. You know that.

Take a small break from the biased conservative TV, radio, and articles for five minutes. It won't kill you to be objective and look at the facts without falling in line with the right wing party.

Nancy has beaten Trump on this shutdown.

I thought you and I already solved this issue weeks ago. No one listens and I dont think either party wants to solve the problem. They just want to put the other side down.

We dont count. :sad:

It's true. You know that.

Take a small break from the biased conservative TV, radio, and articles for five minutes. It won't kill you to be objective and look at the facts without falling in line with the right wing party.

Nancy has beaten Trump on this shutdown.

Jesus, look whose talking.

Wow, Trump actually backed down to Pelosi on Twitter. He is delaying the SOTU until after the shutdown so he can give it in front of congress.

Hopefully there isnt too much crowing and we can just consider it a moment of progress for him.

Wow, Trump actually backed down to Pelosi on Twitter. He is delaying the SOTU until after the shutdown so he can give it in front of congress.

Hopefully there isnt too much crowing and we can just consider it a moment of progress for him.

He's got to be pissed right now. for him, the only thing worse than losing is losing to a woman.

He's got to be pissed right now. for him, the only thing worse than losing is losing to a woman.

"Losing". Lol. And you call the Trumpers dumb.

When is Nancy's boondoggles set to resume? Pity she's grounded and forced to do her focking job.

I think sending her to a foreign country and not acting as Speaker will be better for this country. :lol:

• Like 1

Those are Trumps words, and he has the best words.

I was really hoping he would the rent out a stadium and we the people could attend

Only 6 Democrats voted to pay furloughed workers during the shutdown. They REALLY care about the people!!!

They voted for this again. Theyre up to 10!!!

Update: House GOP voted again to pay federal employees. This time just ten Democrats joined us: clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll0

Actions speak louder than words.

Update: House GOP voted again to pay federal employees. This time just ten Democrats joined us: clerk.house.gov/evs/2019/roll0

Pathetic

• Like 1

They voted to fund the $5.7B for the wall and re-open government. Did you really think that would fly?

The Dems are going to try to get no funding for the wall and government open until February 8th.

Both are pathetic disguises of compromise and both should fail miserably. Congress is inept.

Instead, people need to explain the actual benefits of the item they think we need to spend $25B on over the next 5 years.

25 billion? Yeah right. Try 250B for a wall that size and then another 5 billion a year for maintenance.

I just had a memory:

When I was a little girl, in elementary school learning the states and capitals, I thought...that there were real barriers between the states. I thought the lines on the map were real lines like small concrete walls that surrounded each state.

I just had a memory:

When I was a little girl, in elementary school learning the states and capitals, I thought...that there were real barriers between the states. I thought the lines on the map were real lines like small concrete walls that surrounded each state.

Same. I remember my dad telling me we were about to cross into a new state and being confused that I didn't see a fence or something.

25 billion? Yeah right. Try 250B for a wall that size and then another 5 billion a year for maintenance.

Lie