Sign in to follow this  
kicker5

Am I giving up too much?

I have been offered the 1st pick overall an 8th rounder and a 17th rounder for my 1st (7 overall), a 4th rounder and an 8th rounder...This is a redraft league......Thanks for the help

Holy chit........pull your pants back up before you get plugged!!! You are giving up waaaay too much!!

That deal sucks no matter how you look at it.

If I were you, I wouldn't take the deal. Moving up to take one of the "big 3" but sacrificing at other positions wouldn't be a wise move in my opinion. Picking 7th you will still likely land a solid back in Edge, Portis, Jordan, Cadillac etc. depending on how the drafting order goes so you should be okay there. Picking 7th should also give you a relatively early pick in round 2 which you could use to either land a stud WR (which is what I would do) or take the most solid back left on the board and have a good corps to build a team around. I would advise you to just leave it the way it is and use your 1st 4 picks to land 2 solid RB's, a stud WR, and likely in round 3 or 4 a top flight TE (Gates, Gonzo, Shockey). If one of the big 3 is worth potentially having question marks at WR or even QB later in the draft, then trust your gut and take the chance on picking up quality in the later rounds, but I would play it safe and build a strong team top to bottom with pick 7. Hope I helped man. Good Luck.