Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Noise Canceling Headphones?

I know nothing... but kicking around a decent set. I travel a bit and also lift in dumb grunty gyms so I would dig a wireless set.

You guys have experience? What do I want? Bose?

I'm not nessicerily a brand snob and actually shy away from "the best" because they are usually the mediocre a half year later.

What say you?

several months ago i bought some wireless ear buds from Jabra. you can adjust level of noise cancellation among other things. great sound. love them.

I bought a pair in the early 2000's, mainly for the train, but at home I could still hear my wife, so ....meh....

I bought a pair in the early 2000's, mainly for the train, but at home I could still hear my wife, so ....meh....

Duct tape will take care of that problem for ya.

Don't laugh - but picked these up the other day, just to try out... Are they Bose? No. Are they another $300 brand? No.... If that's what you want - go buy'em..

But if you want a great little set of Bluetooth headphones, that will cancel out sound and have plenty of clear base - buy these.. I'm able to roam damn near 40 feet from my device and the kicker - they cost me $20.

https://www.amazon.com/iHome-iB92BC-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B0762XB9YR/ref=pd_sbs_23_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0762XB9YR&pd_rd_r=23175e8f-c64f-11e8-83dd-3d8b65ef1184&pd_rd_w=Uixlb&pd_rd_wg=6ehkG&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=53dead45-2b3d-4b73-bafb-fe26a7f14aac&pf_rd_r=TQQFZS4CYE311JMKXR7Y&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=TQQFZS4CYE311JMKXR7Y

think I'll wear a pair if I ever see A star is born

Don't laugh - but picked these up the other day, just to try out... Are they Bose? No. Are they another $300 brand? No.... If that's what you want - go buy'em..

But if you want a great little set of Bluetooth headphones, that will cancel out sound and have plenty of clear base - buy these.. I'm able to roam damn near 40 feet from my device and the kicker - they cost me $20.

https://www.amazon.com/iHome-iB92BC-Bluetooth-Wireless-Headphone/dp/B0762XB9YR/ref=pd_sbs_23_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B0762XB9YR&pd_rd_r=23175e8f-c64f-11e8-83dd-3d8b65ef1184&pd_rd_w=Uixlb&pd_rd_wg=6ehkG&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=53dead45-2b3d-4b73-bafb-fe26a7f14aac&pf_rd_r=TQQFZS4CYE311JMKXR7Y&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=TQQFZS4CYE311JMKXR7Y

Bose in English is "I'm a pretentious douche"

• Like 1

Covering your ears is not noise canceling. The point of noise canceling is that they use the sound waves around you, cancels them out so that you can hear the source better. It does make a difference.

Covering your ears is not noise canceling. The point of noise canceling is that they use the sound waves around you, cancels them out so that you can hear the source better. It does make a difference.

These are not noise cancelling bcoz they cover your ears.. they are noise cancelling bcoz I wear them and they are great, and cancel noise.

That's the difference.

Headphones are supposed to MAKE noise!

Am I right, people? :banana:

frank beat me to it, although I was going to say

if the headphones cancel the noise, how are you going to hear your music

frank beat me to it, although I was going to say

if the headphones cancel the noise, how are you going to hear your music

That sounds more Frank than frank

Google best noise cancelling headphones and you will find links to many comparison articles from tech sites and such.

Google best noise cancelling headphones and you will find links to many comparison articles from tech sites and such.

Or bing it if you are a rebel.

So... After doing a ton of reading... I ended up getting the latest and greatest. The Sony WH-1000XM3's...

Found a pretty sweet deal... as a vet we can get access to the Navy Exchange...

I checked out the NEX website and they had a Sony Noise Canceling Headphone for $279.99, normally as they've just been released the WH-1000XM3's are $349.99 if you can find them in stock.

(https://www.mynavyexchange.com/so.../12697577)

However the model is not specified. From the pictures it looks like the new model and it references the QN1 processor. I took a stab and it came out to be $265.99 with the OCEANBLUE coupon.

I copied and pasted the description and sure enough it is the exact description for the 1000XM3's....

https://gadgets.fonearena.com/son...10940.html

Some pretty great reviews from Amazon and TechHive..... these look to have dethroned the Bose QC in every way from what the reviews are showing.

https://www.techhive.com/article/...eview.html

• Like 1