Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

California possible split into 3 states. What are the real motives for this?

Thoughts?

they are hoping it will be easier to ship them to the moon

As long as they all stay there I don't give a f*** what they do.

I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that it's for economic purposes that it's hard to govern and manage a massive state like that. My not giving them the benefit of the doubt is they're going to push for more electoral votes somehow. I don't know how. I don't know if it's even possible.

Which shithole of a new state will SUX end up in?

While we're on the subject, isn't time we merge North & South Dakota---combined they have a population less than Milwaukee and it's suburbs. Yet that's 4 senators and couple of congressmen. Really are the needs of the people in Fargo so drastically different then Sioux Falls they need completely different reps?

I'm Mike Honcho and I support the One Dakota platform.

• Like 2

I wonder how many electoral votes there will be. More? Less? Stay the same?

The electoral votes will remain the same, it is the Senate that would change.

I would assume the same...and that's where I was going with this.

Same # of votes, but I think from what I've read, one of the regions has enough conservative population to swing to red.

Actually, where I was going was...a good number of Californians...when you read about the possible split, mention "being better represented" if they split, rather than letting the population dense areas decide whats good for everyone.

Whiiiiiiiich....is exactly the premise for our electoral vote presidential elections.

I would assume the same...and that's where I was going with this.

Same # of votes, but I think from what I've read, one of the regions has enough conservative population to swing to red.

Actually, where I was going was...a good number of Californians...when you read about the possible split, mention "being better represented" if they split, rather than letting the population dense areas decide whats good for everyone.

Whiiiiiiiich....is exactly the premise for our electoral vote presidential elections.

Ummm, every state but one(I think) uses a winner take all system in choosing electors for president...the exact opposite of what you think is the premise of our system.

Won't happen. And it's not a thought.

Yes, this. fun fact...California is the 5th largest economy in the world.

The electoral votes will remain the same, it is the Senate that would change.

They'd get four more electoral votes. You get one EV per congresman and senator you have. While Congressmen in House of Represnetatives would remain the same, four more senators would get four more EV..

• Like 1

Ummm, every state but one(I think) uses a winner take all system in choosing electors for president...the exact opposite of what you think is the premise of our system.

Well yes... each state individually is a winner take all.

A pure popular vote would be winner take all as a country....which would be fine except that each area of the U.S. have different wants- which is why popular vote is not used.

Here is the way I see it:

Imagine a large city block with 10 apartment buildings ... and they are gonna vote on which apartment gets reduced rent and all new appliances. One apartment building has 200 residents, the other 9 have 100 residents each. Which one ya think is gonna win the vote?

Some may call that fair. Some may call that bullsh1t.

It's not the law now ... so it doesn't matter if it's fair or not. Its the way it is (as far as using electoral over popular).

trust me when I tell you this would be awesome news for Republicans

How would they split it to help Republicans? SD leans blue. LA and SF are crazy blue. SAC I would guess leans blue although I'm not sure. Perhaps SAC and north of the wine country would be red? Otherwise you have Orange County and the region between LA and SF as pockets of red, neither of which is a sustainable state IMO. :dunno:

How would they split it to help Republicans? SD leans blue. LA and SF are crazy blue. SAC I would guess leans blue although I'm not sure. Perhaps SAC and north of the wine country would be red? Otherwise you have Orange County and the region between LA and SF as pockets of red, neither of which is a sustainable state IMO. :dunno:

Exactly, I call BS. I see six Dem senators rather than two.

Waste of ballot space as it will never happen. Also they got greedy, should have been 2, not 3. People have long said N and S Cali would make sense. But this silly middle area is not helping the cause and invalidates the whole thing.

San Diego is heavy red bro, plus it includes orange county, riverside county and san bernardino county which is heavier red

LA stays blue

SF/NoCal is a toss-up, as all of the area outside of city of SF is heavy red as well.

worst case is its 2-2 with 2 tossups which might actually split 1/1 in the Norcal area

now to electorals 55/3 18 approx. SD/Orange/Inland gets 18 red, best case for Dems is the other 36 is blue

Dems lose big

also things have changed as less than 50% of the state is now pro illegals, and the dems are pushing further and further left, 75% want to repeal the gas tax, (while Newsom wants to double taxes)

also things have changed as less than 50% of the state is now pro illegals, and the dems are pushing further and further left, 75% want to repeal the gas tax, (while Newsom wants to double taxes)

half the cities in California have joined on the lawsuit against the state for illegals

I am willing to bet that while Gavin Wins, Cox gets close to 45%

Gavin also wants medicare to cover all illegals too

dude is you think things are the way they were in 2016, you are mistaken

Ok, well you made a statement and I showed it was dead wrong in the most recent relevant example. Can you blame me? You want to move the goalposts to only a specific window of time we can do that. So you mean since the election SD county is now HEAVY RED?

Ok, well you made a statement and I showed it was dead wrong in the most recent relevant example. Can you blame me? You want to move the goalposts to only a specific window of time we can do that. So you mean since the election SD county is now HEAVY RED?

2 years is a long time, yes San Diego voted Cox over Newsom.

Also San Diego has been gobbled up by big city, but places like East county have always been heavy red, its just now the people are actually voting.

if you do the drive test, there were tons of signs for Allen and Cox in peoples yard, and I never saw a single one for Newsom

people are learning

2 years is a long time, yes San Diego voted Cox over Newsom.

Also San Diego has been gobbled up by big city, but places like East county have always been heavy red, its just now the people are actually voting.

Fair enough. I figured that Cox election would be your smoking gun. It’s fine, I’ll concede it, but I wouldn’t call his 10k vote win “heavy” red. But that’s semantics, if the landscape has changed, so be it.

Fair enough. I figured that Cox election would be your smoking gun. It’s fine, I’ll concede it, but I wouldn’t call his 10k vote win “heavy” red. But that’s semantics, if the landscape has changed, so be it.

your right but lets look at it like this

if a Presidential candidate sees this as a battleground area, there is plenty of room to win the Socal state

you campaign in San Bern, Riverside, East County, and Orange

Dang, even OC was blue? SD as expected,;San Bernadino, Riverside also blue. Sac confirmed pretty solid blue. Shiot even Fresno was blue, perhaps the biggest surprise. :dunno:

and everyone of those was red in the governor race. I am telling you I feel a big shift coming

this far left progressivism is not popular in the least

While we're on the subject, isn't time we merge North & South Dakota---combined they have a population less than Milwaukee and it's suburbs. Yet that's 4 senators and couple of congressmen. Really are the needs of the people in Fargo so drastically different then Sioux Falls they need completely different reps?

I'm Mike Honcho and I support the One Dakota platform.

Throw in a couple of their deserted neighbors and market Wydakotamon as Jamaica North.

If we could only push half of that sate into the ocean and cut the electoral votes by 2/3s we'd all be better off.