Sign in to follow this  
rottytiny

Thoughts on Winston this week?

See he is ranked pretty high this week on a lot of sites, what does everyone think?

Where do you see him this week and beyond, top 5 guy this week?

Who are the Qbs you play over him?

I have him on the bench and having hard time pulling trigger to get him in

Who’s your qbs?

Great play in theory. FF you never know, but it looks great on paper and Im rolling him with brees on bye.

He's definitely the #1 streaming option/bye-week fill in, all you can ask for.

Breezy on bye so Im pairing Winston with Evans this week. I think he is a good upside play in a game that should score a lot of points. ATL defense is depleted and very suspect.

WARNING..Bench Winston.

Ive been eyeing this game, waiting to turn my bad luck around. I lost all my rb to injury. I just traded wentz for a rb. Im hoping I could catch fire with Winston. Now all the experts say play him? tread lightly ff brothers, My luck wont allow me to be right.

Play Flacco, he will be on my bench.

• Like 1

WARNING..Bench Winston.

Ive been eyeing this game, waiting to turn my bad luck around. I lost all my rb to injury. I just traded wentz for a rb. Im hoping I could catch fire with Winston. Now all the experts say play him? tread lightly ff brothers, My luck wont allow me to be right.

Lol. Winston is going to run one in and throw for at least 2, maybe 4 TDs. Im bringing that positivity to this post! Cant hurt.

WARNING..Bench Winston.

Lol. The falcons have no one on defense left to stop this machine.....

Cam, winston is backup

Based on the fact of what the poster above said about the Falcons def expecally their sec, I would go win with Winston.

Good luck.

Yep, when everyone says zig, zag is usually the right choice. But Im a glutton for punishment and will start Winston because its what the book says to do. Heck I have major bye woes and prob starting Godwin at flex too. Cant start Larry Shitz.

Now all the experts say play him? tread lightly ff brothers, My luck wont allow me to be right.

One's lineup decisions should be based on football reasons for why you start or sit particular players. Instead, you're giving consideration to two non-football reasons - the opinions of the pundits and how your "luck" is playing out.

Now I still play close attention to what the experts say. But it's because their articles may be sprinkled with some football reasons for-or-against a player that I haven't thought of yet. But whether Pundits A, B, C, and D all line up to love my guy or all hate my guy has absolutely no bearing on how the game is going to play out on Sunday. The only relevance it has is its ability to affect ownership rates in DFS if these pundits are widely followed. But your league play is unaffected.

Only rust could prevent him from being startable.....and that's possible.

don't overthink this. unless you have rodgers or brady he's as good or better than nearly all the other options out there this week.

Play Winston at your own risk! He has as much potential of stealing some crab legs before the game as Dalvin Cook has of reaggravating his hammy.

Play Winston!! The guy now has the keys to one of the premier QB jobs in the land. Tampa has a terrible D, no real running game, an offensive plan that puts the ball in the air all game long. And the way they have won, and will win in the future, is through coming out ahead in shootouts.

Rarely, sit Winston from here on out. Generally a top 5 QB and he certainly is this week against the fluid Atlanta D. I'm playing him over R Wilson.

I totally agree with everything you guys say. 100 percent winston a great play. just not today!! I need him too much, Hes my only shot to stay in it this week. Fair warning.

Winston will probably score 30 today. Lots and lots of passes and rushing yards coming up.

I would not be excited going forward about Winston against any decent D

I would not be excited going forward about Winston against any decent D

Why so much hate for the former Heissman Trophy winner?

Its not hate from my end, just what My eyes tell me, he's not good

I picked up him up Friday to start over Roethlisberger today and to cover Ben's bye next week and possibly to platoon with Ben on Ben's away games. So I will make note of what you say here.

But the first thing about him that I noticed was that he had a high YPA in the first 2 games of the preseason and it continued today. 9.63 YPA and almost a 75% completion rate. So those are the kinds of numbers that keep him in my plans even if it was against a porous defense..

Pretty trash overall.

You two are hilarious!

This is fantasy vs reality.

If someone said before the year that I've got a QB for you: Game 1 - 417/5, Game 2 - 402/4, Game 3 411/3, Game 4 200/1, Game 5 395/4. Is Rodgers having an epic season? Is Drew Brees back? That is the #1 overall fantasy QB. It is a trick because it is TB's starting QB.

Fitz and Winston might not be "good" quarterbacks. But the situation makes for a great fantasy QB.

Do what you think is right, I wouldn't play him against a top ten defense, if you want to all power to ya

He doesnt have to be good... that defense is beyond leaky... hello garbage time

I get it and at the beginning of this thread I was all about Jameis for this week, I guarantee he will have games this season where he is featured prominently in the FU thread

4 tds today...>330

4 tds today...>330

True, that's why every ranker had him top ten and at the beginning of this thread I thought he was a great play for this week. Atlanta is a top 3 defense for QB's. My point is he will not be as good against better teams. We shall see what happens...

True, that's why every ranker had him top ten and at the beginning of this thread I thought he was a great play for this week. Atlanta is a top 3 defense for QB's. My point is he will not be as good against better teams. We shall see what happens...

I would agree, he probably won’t be like this, but as long as that defense stinks and as long as he has this many toys to throw too and as long as he throws 50 times a game, he is bound to be fantasy friendly. I can live with a -1 for each of his two interceptions

-3 on the ints for me, but 6 pt passing tds too so I'll take my almost 400 yards and essentially 3 tds.

I don't think he's an automatic every week starter but pairing him with another good not great QB and playing the matchups makes sense to me.

Would the Haters and Backpedalers just stop. Winston is top 5 ROW.

This is FF folks. Passing oriented Offense, leaky D, and soft schedule - they play Cle, Car (not you're Car of old, they were 26th against pass), Wash, NYG, SF, and NO.

If you don't have him, you should.

• Like 1

I understand the optimism and logic behind the assessment. Bad defense and Very good weapons at WR and even TE. I'll still take the under on top 5 and I won't be surprised when he has a Winstonesque 4 INT game.

Tampa doesn't play too many good pass defenses the rest of the year....

vs Browns 25 (pass rank)
at Bengals 20
at Panthers 24
vs Redskins 7
at Giants 8
vs 49ers 14
vs Panthers 24
vs 28 Saints 28
at Ravens 4
at Cowboys 11
vs Falcons 22

Not really sure I buy the Redskins and Giants, but overall the only game you say "NO" to is Baltimore.

I understand the optimism and logic behind the assessment. Bad defense and Very good weapons at WR and even TE. I'll still take the under on top 5 and I won't be surprised when he has a Winstonesque 4 INT game.

Since he's only done that twice in his career (47 games), I'm thinking that's a little bit of an exaggeration. Winston as 5 games (in 47), where's he's thrown 3+ Ints. Heck, Matt Stafford did that like 7 times in his first 47 games (I only know this because I have a friend who's a Lions fan). I don't recall you ever saying that Stafford is "not good".

If you're worried about the fantasy points aspect, in the 5 games Winston threw 3+ INT's, he scored over 16 points in 3 of them.