Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

When did you think this is it. Im dead. This is how im gonna die

We have all had it. That time or 2 when you thought holy shitttttt​. Im actually going to die. This is how its gonna focking end.

I hydroplaned in 94 in Georgia. They had a storm system so bad that that coffins were popping up because the ground was so saturated. A Chevy s 10 king cab. My brother and my best friend inside. We were on a 2 lane road and with all the rain I just lost it. We spun twice. No cars coming in either lane and literally stopped in the other lane facing the direction from where we were coming. Just stalked us out and gave me a seat belt bruise. But for a moment. I knew I was dead. I knew we were going to hit a bank of trees or a cow or some . I knew we were going to flip and die. I felt my steering wheel go slack and I knew we were done.

• Like 1

good thread idea.......should be fun

I was drunk and walking in the side room and there is a door with a pane of glass that's always open but happened to be shut. I'm walking regular speed and came to a dead stop with this boom reverberating in my head. For a second I honestly thought I just died.

Stupid, I know, but I was pretty lit.

Only twice that I can really remember. Once just last august I was driving the highway at 230am and was playing with the radio and looked up and there was a deer planted in my lane no more than 25 yard in front of me. Swerved lost control and for a second or 2 real time I ran through about 100 places I could up after losing control at 60mph. Gracefully spun into the grassy ditch medien facing the way I was coming.

Other was after prom I was driving with my gf in the front. A different couple was in the back. Railroad crossing started to blink and the dude is like gun it man. So to not look like a puzzy I did. Got through but the arms were starting to fome down. It would have been a few seconds until a train got there but still imagine my windshield getting shattered by and arm abd getting ran sacked by that train. Hadnt been driving a year yet. That was fairly stupid.

Not many or any real close calls where i was injured badly.

I was drunk and walking in the side room and there is a door with a pane of glass that's always open but happened to be shut. I'm walking regular speed and came to a dead stop with this boom reverberating in my head. For a second I honestly thought I just died.

Stupid, I know, but I was pretty lit.

hahahahaha. Dude I did that as a kid. I know that feeling your talking about. Something just happened and you think it should probably be bad.

I was dating a woman who was going through a divorce, We had just finished up in the bedroom and she went downstairs and I stayed in bed. Her estranged husband had a key and came inside and was screaming at her and he came upstairs while I only had underwear on. Not a good deal. :thumbsdown: He just screamed at me while I got dressed and no punches thrown......although him and I got into a scuffle at a different, later time. He tried to bull-rush me and I put him in a headlock and took him down. Yeah, whole lotta dysfunction. -_-

Several times.

In high school we were riding in the bed of my buddies pickup. Sitting up on the rail of course, because we were dumb. He takes a corner fast, and I'm falling out of the truck. At about 40. Catch myself on the edge of the bed at the last second.

Had an AK47 pulled on me once. We were doing an eviction on one of my dads rental properties. When the sheriff went to serve the warrant, the guy pulls. We were all diving behind cars and whatnot.

Rode on the back of a motorcycle driven by a crazy person in Chinese traffic, which is utterly lawless and chaotic. Thought I was gonna die for sure on that one.

It happened too quick to even think about the thought of dying but I rolled a car into a ditch when I was 16 and got thrown out of the car.

I must not have been out very long because I came to With the Wind still knocked out of me about 15 feet from the car. I remember flipping my hands over looking for something wrong then checking myself and I had one little cut in the web of my fingers and that was it. Not even a broken bone.

Looking back I should have been dead. Car was a total wreck.

Worked out of high school for NY Telephone before baby bell got broken up. There was this 1 particular block in this one dark neighborhood that 2 installers or repair man were ent because you know. Safety in "numbers". So I ride along with this black guy to make a repair and we had to go into the basement- one of those open the hatch and climb down type. We are down there and the nice guys on the street call us cops or narcs and the not only close it but lock us in. Couple shots fired. Lots of cheering and what not. I think we're but with our equipment we were able to call 911 from the panel and help arrived very fast.

Two weeks ago. Going under the knife not knowing it was cancer or not. Putting together my finances and making my wife sit down and review sucked.

Two weeks ago. Going under the knife not knowing it was cancer or not. Putting together my finances and making my wife sit down and review sucked.

/thread

How is it going now NV ?

About a year ago, I was on my way to work when I hit a patch of ice on the highway. Car wiggled a little, then a lot. Next thing you know, I'm in a spin doing 80mph. Car flew off the road, landed on the drivers side still​ spinning, started going over onto its roof when I hit the first tree. Car must have liked that, because it started spinning the other direction and bounced off a few more trees. Ended up right side up, facing the highway about 25yds away. Concussion, bumps, bruises, and cuts, plus a totaled car. My wife's car. Called her, first thing I said was "Your airbag doesn't work."

Thought she was going to kill me.

• Like 1

Two lane tunnel headed up to go skiing. Oncoming car went into a dead flat spin. Unavoidable.

All I could think of was NASCAR of all things. Learned all you could do is drive through it. You try to avoid it, swerve, slow down, you're sure to get hit.

So I did. Carfull of friends and girls. Yet, eerily quiet for the situation. They all knew.

Drove through it like there was not another car for miles. All the while, gripping the wheel for dear life. Passed clean.

Car right behind us? Smashed once in front, slammed into wall, smashed again in the side, rear-ended to start a chain reaction.

I don't know how long we went that day without saying a word to each other.

In retrospect, not sure if it was shock, or the realization of how close we came.

• Like 1

Driving like doosh when I was 19. Speeding in the rain and I hit a puddle zipping around a curve. I think the puddle is 2 inches deep. Surprise, the car hydroplanes straight into the nearest telephone pole. Wraps both headlights around opposite sides of the pole. Only thing that saved was that I randomly decided to wear the seatbelt that day.

When I was 19 (or so) I found myself staring down the barrel of a .45 semi auto pistol. Literally 8" away, pointed at my face, from the other side of a car window.

I had seen a guy pull up and stop in front of my house. Then he pulled up 5 feet and stopped. Then he backed up 3 feet and stopped. Then he pulled a cross the street and stopped. Then he just sat there, foot on the brake, for no less than 5 minutes.

So I went outside, walked up to his car and knocked on his driver's window, bent down and asked "what are you doing here?".

Up comes the gun, pointed directly at my face, followed by "get the fock out of here!" :o

Being 19 and full of more brawn than brains I flipped the guy off and yelled "get the fock out of my neighborhood!".

:doh:

Found out weeks later, the guy suspected his wife was cheating on him with guy up the street. He was camping out trying to catch them coming back to the house. That could've turned out badly. :lol:

ETA: I went skydiving once. When you're leaning out the door of an airplane, right before you fall out, yeah, the thought does cross your mind. But by then it's too late. :wave:

• Like 1

Danger was my business for many years. Numerous occasions

Oooo ooo. I just remembered a good one. I was following a junk hauling truck on 94about 15 years ago and a giant hunk of steel fell out. Im sure I said something about it here as it was a surreal experience Im not joking dude it hit right in front of me. I mean right in front. I was the lead car behind this truck. I gave it a good cushion. It was like slow motion. It bounced once high and over me and I could see it hit the car behind me. They all pulled over I had to get to work.

For a second I thought I was dead. But, when I heard all the noise, I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they'd been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead.

For a second I thought I was dead. But, when I heard all the noise, I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they'd been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead.

OK Henry.

A couple of times, similar to some stories here:

- Walking drunk on Market Street in Philthy with my brother late at night, a couple of punks hopped out of a car and put a gun to his head asking for his wallet. While I was trying to figure out if I can disarm him before he shot my brother, something spooked them and they took off. Actually now that I think of it, that was more of a moment for my brother than me. :D

- Hydroplaned, crossed a lane and landed in a ditch, blah blah blah.

• Like 1

Last night I was down in the city walking on 14th street. I saw what appeared to be 5 Muslims In a white Range Rover driving slowly looking around. I thought for a second that was it. Probably just a recon mission.

Last night I was down in the city walking on 14th street. I saw what appeared to be 5 Muslims In a white Range Rover driving slowly looking around. I thought for a second that was it. Probably just a recon mission.

I know what you mean. I was at the downtown farmers market this morning. There were two, military aged males, standing on a street corner holding a sign that read: "What is Islam? What is a Muslim?" They weren't smiling or inviting. They looked like angry young men.

Haven't seen that in the 15 years I've lived here.

We got something for 'em though. :thumbsup:

I know what you mean. I was at the downtown farmers market this morning. There were two, military aged males, standing on a street corner holding a sign that read: "What is Islam? What is a Muslim?" They weren't smiling or inviting. They looked like angry young men.

Haven't seen that in the 15 years I've lived here.

We got something for 'em though. :thumbsup:

I hear ya. Just stay alert when they are around. Especially the ones with beards.

I hear ya. Just stay alert when they are around. Especially the ones with beards.

They have a major recruiting program going on in Lodi and the surrounding area. Honestly, I'm surprised the good ole boys out that way haven't "discouraged" them.

Could be interesting going forward.

They have a major recruiting program going on in Lodi and the surrounding area. Honestly, I'm surprised the good ole boys out that way haven't "discouraged" them.

Could be interesting going forward.

I'm surprised about how many are in Texas. If they are looking for trouble they should go elsewhere, some state full of limp wristed puzzies like Massachusetts

I'm surprised about how many are in Texas. If they are looking for trouble they should go elsewhere, some state full of limp wristed puzzies like Massachusetts

Texas makes a great training ground. Fresh over the border, access to decent weaponry, plenty of open space to train.

Then send them on their way across the country with their marching orders.

It almost seems as though we could've seen it coming and prevented it.

I've ridden a Greyhound cross Country at least a dozen times. :shocking:

Phillybear, is that you?

I've ridden a greyhound a couple of times.

Or at least I thought it was a greyhound.

Turns out, the b**** was just anorexic.

• Like 1

Farthest I've ever been on a greyhound was Memphis to Nashville.

What a focking wretched way to travel.

I've ridden a greyhound a couple of times.

Or at least I thought it was a greyhound.

Turns out, the b**** was just anorexic.

:thumbsup:

I rode a greyhound ONE time. Jackson Mi to Gainesville ga. It was a strange experience.the greyhound stations are filled with grifters and con artists. One had a guy that would not let you out of the focking bathroom without tipping him.i feel like it's probably as safe hitchhiking

Climbing Denali, we got of course in a near blizzard. The main path is marked with wands every several hundred feet, but none were to be found. As we're trekking across this glacier, one of my partners breaks through the upper crust into a crevasse. We're all roped together, so you need to dive and drive your ice ax into the ground to prevent from being dragged in, too. Fortunately, we did so quickly, so he only dropped a short ways, maybe a little past his waist, but was easy to extract.

At that point we decided it was better to stay put and wait for better visibility, so we began digging a snow shelter. If you've watched enough survival shows, you know the basic concept - dig down then laterally and create a mini cave in a snow bank. Well it turns out that is super difficult, but at least you stay warm from all the hard work. Eventually we settle into the shelter, with my cousin perched above me on an icy shelf. Another guy melts some snow for tea. By this time we're all exhausted, after hiking ~ 12 hours while hauling heavy packs and trailing sleds. So my cousin promptly nods off, spilling his tea all over me.

Sopping wet, shivering at the bottom of a hole in the snow, I felt pretty low. I guess I never really thought I'd die, but it probably crossed my mind.

Back in the late 80s driving from back from Pittsburgh to Little Rock in pouring rain when some jackass in front of me slams on their brakes. I in turn tap my brakes and lose control fishtailing side to side. The car slides sideways for a few seconds as I see an 18 wheeler barreling down on me. Luckily my tires caught as I jammed the gas and skidded out of the way down an off ramp. I remember thinking I needed to check my pants then starting to laugh uncontrollably.

fishing canyon...were about 100 miles off in middle of night. no other boats in sight...saw a freighter not too far......major storm came thru. 60+ winds, waves kicked up to about 10 footers. first time i put on life jacket out there. took a couple waves into the cockpit...thought we were going down. luckily for all of you we pulled thru.

Drove drunk from Modesto to San Luis Obispo at about 11pm back when I was 21. Bout a 240 mile drive. Dozed off at the wheel. Literally saw beds driving by on the road instead of cars. Eerily reminiscent of this scene.

Driving on the highway a few years ago, and a truck in the opposite direction lost a wheel. I saw it come bouncing high, over the guardrail toward my car almost in slow-motion. There was nothing I could do to avoid it. By the grace of God, instead of coming through my windshield, it clipped my sideview mirror and bounced off the rear fender of my car. I pulled over, and was shaking from head to toe.

I used to get called out to accident scenes right after they happen. Mostly for trucks hauling regular cargo but sometimes for hazardous materials. One time, we got called out to a scene where an 18 wheeler hauling gas tried to beat a train. Truck lost. The tank was 75% full and ready to blow. While I was taking pictures and measurements feet away from it, the firefighters were putting foam on the tank to try and lessen the explosion if it went of. They evacuated five city blocks. At one point, they made everyone stop what they were doing and go behind an old motel. As more gas was leaking, the tank started shifting as it got lighter. They were worried a spark from the metal would set it off and go boom. So there we are, me and a few cops and firefighters are standing behind an old motel a block away waiting to be incinerated on Airline Hwy. The news lady there to cover the story was sobbing uncontrollably in fear. It was eventually cleaned up. I had BBQ on the way home for dinner.

I also had a voodoo priestess try and sacrifice me to the Gods with a large knife on a coffin. :ninja: