Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Steelers at Buccaneers: In-Game Discussion

Is Desean Jackson hurt?

Offense was too good when they were getting Desean and OJ the ball. They needed to get Godwin and Brate touches to make it fair.

No more controversy about bringing crab legs back

I dunno. Fitz has always been a gunslinger.

he will light it up for 2 games, then have a stinker. that's his style. as long as the wins outnumber the losses, I'd be ok with that. Winston just doesnt have it. I still think its gonna be a tough call either way.

Offense was too good when they were getting Desean and OJ the ball. They needed to get Godwin and Brate touches to make it fair.

Yeah put Godwin/Brate in and play for FGs. Notice who was in this last drive? Howard except for one play, more of a threat than Brate.

Yeah put Godwin/Brate in and play for FGs. Notice who was in this last drive? Howard except for one play, more of a threat than Brate.

Brate in...……...and produces another punt.

That last drive by fitzmagic killed my week. Lost by 10. All he had to do was complete some passes. He goes 3 and out. Coach punts instead of going for it. What a moron

Fitz has given me 21.4 tonight. Luck was my other option and he only got 13.8.

Ended with 31.1 total. Gonna ride Fitz til the wheels fall off.

I don't know what Pittsburgh was thinking. When they hit 30 pts Fitchner called off the dogs. They barely blitzed and barely got any pressure on Fitz, and he picked them apart. To make matters worse, the Steelers went conservative on offense and let the Bucs back into the game.

So as a Steelers fan, here's what I see:

• Horrible coaching, across the board.
  • A beat up offensive line that's having problems run blocking
  • A pretty bad defense, particularly when not getting pressure.
  • Boswell isn't right. So special teams isn't so special.

This is setting up to be a pretty disappointing season. The only way this team is going to win games is to get into shoot-outs and hope for the best.

I don't know what Pittsburgh was thinking. When they hit 30 pts Fitchner called off the dogs. They barely blitzed and barely got any pressure on Fitz, and he picked them apart. To make matters worse, the Steelers went conservative on offense and let the Bucs back into the game.

So as a Steelers fan, here's what I see:

• Horrible coaching, across the board.
  • A beat up offensive line that's having problems run blocking
  • A pretty bad defense, particularly when not getting pressure.
  • Boswell isn't right. So special teams isn't so special.

This is setting up to be a pretty disappointing season. The only way this team is going to win games is to get into shoot-outs and hope for the best.

In cycling, you sometimes hear about guys making deals. In a three-week race like the Tour de France, two guys might make a deal--they both go tearing off the front, leaving everyone behind, and they (secretly) agree to give that day's win (and prizes and paycheck) to one guy (who is way down on the overall ranking) if he helps the other guy get far enough ahead of his overall ranking rivals. I let you win today if you help me win the whole race.

Maybe the NFL does things like that. Tampa's coaching staff texts Tomlin in the third quarter when they're way down, and says okay, you guys let our players put up some points, get some stats, hit contract riders, look good on MNF...and we promise we'll let you win. :)

In cycling, you sometimes hear about guys making deals. In a three-week race like the Tour de France, two guys might make a deal--they both go tearing off the front, leaving everyone behind, and they (secretly) agree to give that day's win (and prizes and paycheck) to one guy (who is way down on the overall ranking) if he helps the other guy get far enough ahead of his overall ranking rivals. I let you win today if you help me win the whole race.

Maybe the NFL does things like that. Tampa's coaching staff texts Tomlin in the third quarter when they're way down, and says okay, you guys let our players put up some points, get some stats, hit contract riders, look good on MNF...and we promise we'll let you win. :)

In today's NFL world, nothing would surprise me. There are times when I feel like we're watching a WWE script play out in cleats, pads and helmets.

In today's NFL world, nothing would surprise me. There are times when I feel like we're watching a WWE script play out in cleats, pads and helmets.

It's definitely in the soap opera category. We've got the hated villains, we have the feuds, we have the political sides of everything. It's certainly something for a lot of the machismo set to get their knickers in a twist about while still feeling macho :)