Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Hey titans and Voltaire what’s this about peppa pig?

One of my buddies is saying that peppa pig has become an anti government symbol in China and is promoting gangster attitudes. Yall heard about this at all?

Peppa Pig is just some cartoon that Ive not seen my youngest watch. If the government wanted to crack down on it, it would go away rather than be in stores like they did to Winnie the Pooh. I know Peppa is in stores because my youngests birthday was yesterday and went shopping for s gift on Monday.

Peppa Pig is just some cartoon that Ive not seen my youngest watch. If the government wanted to crack down on it, it would go away rather than be in stores like they did to Winnie the Pooh. I know Peppa is in stores because my youngests birthday was yesterday and went shopping for s gift on Monday.

I guess this is what my buddy was talking about

https://www.google.it/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/05/01/world/asia/peppa-pig-china-censors.amp.html

Wanted to know what the deal was since I know you have first hand knowledge of the happenings down there

I used it in class all the time when I taught the young ones.

All Ive read about it is that they are cracking down on counterfeit peppa pig dolls. I was in the mall the other day, and theyre still selling like hot cakes.

Now, as volty alluded, I did read that Winnie the Pooh is banned because people made memes comparing him to president Xi.

Seriously, no updates on Bing Bong bam?

Would you settle for Ling Ting Tong?

I take it back. I went down for lunch just now and my daughter was watching Peppa Pig. On Chinese TV with voice-overs in Chinese. Back-to-back-to-back mini-episodes while I was eating and she's still down there now as I type this watching Peppa Pig.

Well Crap, I was close the first time. Fan Bingbing

..or can't you say?

I searched my apartment and can sadly state that she's not here.