Sign in to follow this  
edjr

RED SOX ACQUIRE CHRIS SALE from White Sox for 4 minor leaguers

This is a great trade for the Red Sox. He is about as good of an add possible as to what they need to get further in the playoffs. The cost is very good for the next 3 years. Their lineup will still be very good. All they need is Panda, Holt, or Shaw to hold down 3rd. Betts and Moncada are not comparable..that's stupid.

Shaw was traded as well...

Shaw was traded as well...

For another starter.

They have to deal Buttholz/Pomeranz now

God that Pomeranz trade was focking terrible

For another starter.

They have to deal Buttholz/Pomeranz now

God that Pomeranz trade was focking terrible

No, a brewers set up man... pomeranz could be a middle reliever. Bucholtz needs to shape up or move out

Good move by the Sox (red). Pretty sure he fits perfectly for that team.

Though I feel that if the Yankees made the same move, Ed would say "look at the stupid yankees, trading all their prospects like usual!"

Good move by the Sox (red). Pretty sure he fits perfectly for that team.

Though I feel that if the Yankees made the same move, Ed would say "look at the stupid yankees, trading all their prospects like usual!"

Yankees will be a non-factor again this year. Doesn't matter what they do.

I'm happy the White Sox got a good haul for Sale. I wonder how interested the Cubs were, although Reinsdorf really dislikes them so they probably wouldn't have even traded him to the Cubs without an absolute raping. The Red SOX are probably a legit threat to the Cubs repeating now.

I don't think Cubs repeat, their pitching has another year of wear and tear.

Why is that an issue? Lester, Hendricks, and Arieta are all still well within their prime. None of them have extensive injury histories. Every teams pitching staff has another year of wear on them.

Why is that an issue? Lester, Hendricks, and Arieta are all still well within their prime. None of them have extensive injury histories. Every teams pitching staff has another year of wear on them.

3 guys who have proven they can pitch in the playoffs.

Sale - never has price/porcello - blow

Arrieta slowed down quite a bit, Lester is old, Hendricks is OK, but it's just I'm noticing that Theo likes to stock up on position guys and pick up pitchers as he goes. But either way, I don't care if they repeat, got one in my life, I'm good

Arrieta slowed down quite a bit, Lester is old, Hendricks is OK, but it's just I'm noticing that Theo likes to stock up on position guys and pick up pitchers as he goes. But either way, I don't care if they repeat, got one in my life, I'm good

Lester isn't that old. He pitched great last year and I didn't see any signs of slowing down. Arieta lost a little control but was still good last year. A lot of his reduced success was from batters laying off his pitches outside the zone.

Hendricks will be interesting. We will see if he can continue his Cy Young caliber play.

Still those aren't reasons the Cubs staff will be more affected than other teams.

Buying and renting players is the part of baseball (all pro sports) that I really hate.

It's the world we live in, but it really sucks the fun out of rooting for your team.

Wow - huge for the BoSox... CHI wanted Odor and Mazara to start the talks, then more after that. Texas said no deal.

Wonder how he pitches in the postseason, nobody knows? :dunno:

Stud.

guy is an animal... definitely the type of guy you want as the staff ace...

guy is an animal... definitely the type of guy you want as the staff ace...

unless you're the white sox

They got Moan Yoncada

The White Sox were terrible with him, Quintana and Eaton. They had zero position players in the farm system worth a damn. Needed to rebuild at some point. Might as well trade the asset to bring the most back. Besides, the Sox have a knack for finding starting pitching in the draft. It's the only thing they do right.

8 innings, 13 ks, 1 ER.

STUD

Good enough for third place

:D

O's have 3 in hand, that's good for 2 loses

Sale was good last night. Tanaka was better. Baby Bombers rolling.

Sale 4.73 ERA in last 5 starts. Getting ridiculous run support.

White Sox only 5 games behind Red Sox. We know the WS will win this trade eventually, and I assume Moncada and Kopech will be in the bigs at some point this season. Will the WS win this trade year 1?

White Sox only 5 games behind Red Sox. We know the WS will win this trade eventually, and I assume Moncada and Kopech will be in the bigs at some point this season. Will the WS win this trade year 1?

5 earned, 5 innings last start.

if he lets up no runs next start will you be back to let us know his era the last 6?

White Sux let Fattie McFat go 3 for 4 in his 1st game back after having 3 hits in 20 games the minors?

Were dominated by Drew Pomeranz?

Ouch.

Mean numbers make Ed sad.

2.77 era and .91 whip make me VERY sad. 12 million salary

:(

Should outright release him at this point

The Q is really lighting it up this season. At this point, they will be lucky to get a bucket of balls for him at the deadline.

2-7 with a 5.60 ERA for the season. Last 2 games, he has given up 15 runs in 7 innings.

The Q is really lighting it up this season. At this point, they will be lucky to get a bucket of balls for him at the deadline.

2-7 with a 5.60 ERA for the season. Last 2 games, he has given up 15 runs in 7 innings.

Let up 2 home runs to a guy hitting .190

I remember when the Red Sox offered quite a bounty for Q. He's not worth shat now.

Sad

If he got Sale's run support he'd be .500.

As long as Sale wins and has high #s of Ks, no one is going to noticing that he is struggling just a bit. In fact it's impossible to figure out why he is struggling just a bit considering his stats are nearly all career highs. Scherzer went through a similar phase last year. He dominated, and yet every team seemed to capitalize on the 1 or 2 mistakes a game. His May last year was almost identical to Sale's this year.

If he got Sale's run support he'd be .500.

As long as Sale wins and has high #s of Ks, no one is going to noticing that he is struggling just a bit. In fact it's impossible to figure out why he is struggling just a bit considering his stats are nearly all career highs. Scherzer went through a similar phase last year. He dominated, and yet every team seemed to capitalize on the 1 or 2 mistakes a game. His May last year was almost identical to Sale's this year.

Sale gets worn down. Probably needs an extra day of rest here and there. In the Chicago game, he was a little off on his location and was not getting ahead of hitters like normal. When he then had to challenge the batters, they were hitting him hard because he was coming with the straight fastball.

Look at Sale's numbers from the 2nd half last 2 years. Not great. In the last 2 seasons after the AS break, Sale is 8-14 with a 3.77 ERA.

What I find amazing is Sale NEVER, as in NEVER waves off Leon.

I've never seen a pitcher, throw what the catcher wants 100% of the time