Sign in to follow this  
pacman_fl

Dynasty Draft Help

Long time player, 1st time outside of redrafts. In 1 league I have traded out of the 1st round and have 2.3, 2.5, 2.10, 3.10, 4.3. What should I look to accomplish in those 5 picks (2 RB, 2 WR, 1 QB or just BPA?). I would LOVE to see something along the lines of Fitz, Bush or Palmer, Benson, Hasselbeck or FWP, L. White (obviously looking at the future this year) with those 5 picks. I am not targeting players with those above, just groupings I have. Would this make sense and is it realistic? Other question - League 2 is an IDP league with 3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB's. What is the best starting round for each (or should I just follow the "run"?).

Thanks for the input.

i dont believe in having a set strategy going into drafts

take the best players on the board and go from there.... worse case, you wind up with 3 great wrs, and use one as trade bait for a rb

I would say target Peyton at 2.3 then best available RB at 2.5, then Gates at 2.10 (he will not fall to 3.10), then best available WR or RB with the next two picks or try to package a RB tandem at 3.10 and 4.3.

Good Luck!!

I would say target Peyton at 2.3 then best available RB at 2.5, then Gates at 2.10 (he will not fall to 3.10), then best available WR or RB with the next two picks or try to package a RB tandem at 3.10 and 4.3.

Good Luck!!

Thanks for the advice. Peyton WON'T be there (at least one guys has alredy built a shrine to him), thus I am hoping for Palmer. I don't know if I like the Gates pick at 2.10 ONLY because there are many good young TE's in the league right now that I can pick later and get better value at 2.10 (just my opinion). I guess all in all, I should stick to my normal re-draft strategy of BPA regardless of these draft spots. I plan on staying as young as possilbe (competitive this year, but set for the future beats the alternative). Any insight on a starting point for IDP's? Right now I am just going to go with the run on each position unless there a great value offensive pick in there.