Sign in to follow this  
jimaveli

Pick a Buc: Godwin or Barber?

This is a flex for a 12-teamer. 4-4 with a low point total that will kill me for any tie-breakers. I had a couple of brutally bad weeks. Fournette with no Yeldon. What else do you need to know!?

I am saddened to know that Diggs has his 4th annual mysterious injury issue but here we are. I am 4-4 and in need of a win to give me space ahead of the other struggling teams. I have Hill and Keenan Allen. My rbs are not grand: Martin, Miller, and folks of that ilk and less. Vance McDonald is my tight end after Doyle and Walker got hurt and I tried and failed to replace them both with multiple shaky options.

I stashed Mike Davis just in-case Pete is lying and Chris Carson sits again but that is a later game. It will be Davis or Ekeler in that 2nd flex.

You and I have the same issues this week. Diggs and Carson are, potentially, making an already horrible bye week much worse. I have Barkley, Hilton and Boyd and Im depleting my bench by needing to pick up MVS (for Diggs) and will probably pick up Davis IF Carson is out. Im 4-4 and in 2nd in my division and may be writing off my week.

Barber always scares me with YPC, but he is the only guy this week for carries and he did get 18 last week. Godwin wasnt as effective with The Beard the first time and he is one of many targets in the air. However, Carolina is scoring points and TB isnt stopping anyone. Godwin may be the better option considering the potential game script.

Thanks! Yep, its scary. Do I take the 80 yards and a td ceiling from barber or do I risk eating a 3 for 37 from Godwin? When I start Barber, he does nothing. When I do not, 80 and a TD.

Side: I traded Hilton this week for what essentially amounts to DJ Moore and Mike Davis. And I am not as scared of that as I probably should be. Thoughts?

I have always avoided Hilton because of his boom or bust history. However, I did draft him (still have him) because Luck is back. I think hell be good ROS, but backing up Carson with Davis, seeing what Davis did with his chance, is not a bad idea and Moore is going to be a great flex player. In face, I just plugged him in this week to fill in for Hilton/Boyd. You may have overpaid a little, but it sounds like you need wins today like me.