Sign in to follow this  
Baker Boy

Dow hits 20,000

< 30 days in and up 2k? I'd say he's on pace to kill it.

Yeah, if he can keep up that pace, I'll be impressed. He's gone from 19k to almost 21k. But Obama went from under 8k to 19k. Trump would need to get it to 45k to be near Obama's percentage of increase.,

Yeah, if he can keep up that pace, I'll be impressed. He's gone from 19k to almost 21k. But Obama went from under 8k to 19k. Trump would need to get it to 45k to be near Obama's percentage of increase.,

I focking hope. I may retire early....

I focking hope. I may retire early....

That would be awesome for me too. Go Trump! MNRA

On behalf of many on here....feel free to find another board thats not beneath your superior intelligence.

Something something...door....ass...

No thanks

Go to your mom's bathroom and look at that shiny reflective thing. You'll see the Guiness Book of World Records holder when it comes to ignorant uninformed idiots. Also, most likely a chronic bed wetting sociopath. HTH

Still trying this live with my mom thing huh?

Oof

And nobody wets the bed crying more than you...yiu are the absolute dumbest of the dumb though. Congrats

If we learned anything from history is it always goes up and never goes down.

Jan. 20, 2009 DOW = 7,949.09

Jan. 17, 2017 DOW = 19,743.19

HTH

Under Obama it took 5 years to reach a new high on the Dow. HTH

Be interesting to see what happens if they do actually raise interest rates. Confidence is really high and his tax proposals along with lessening regulations would keep this thing going higher. But raising interest rates usually is not a good thing for the market.

If he can raise it by the same percentage that Obama did, I'll be impressed. He's nowhere close yet. :wave:

This quote shows that you clearly don't understand even the basics of the market

This quote shows that you clearly don't understand even the basics of the market

lol. Let me guess. This is where you claim that Trump's 10% increase is more impressive than Obama's nearly 150% increase.

lol. Let me guess. This is where you claim that Trump's 10% increase is more impressive than Obama's nearly 150% increase.

Nope this is where I claim that your shortsightedness and lack of understanding of how the stock market works is making your claim laughable.

You realize Obama took office right after one of the biggest market sell offs in history right? And you do realize that the market is cyclical and always rebounds after financial crisis right? You do realize the dow was over 14k before the crash right? .... yeah I'm sure you realize all this :D

If you do then you would realize that even though the market hit a high during the last legs of Obama's presidency, claiming it went from 7 to 17 s short sighted. YOU could have been president (and we'd still have an orange orangutan) and the markets were bound to rebound big time post crash.

Not to say that Obama didn't do "some good" and I'm not promoting trump at all here. What I am doing is pointing out the stupidity of your argument and your lack of education.

Hth

• Like 2

Nope this is where I claim that your shortsightedness and lack of understanding of how the stock market works is making your claim laughable.

You realize Obama took office right after one of the biggest market sell offs in history right? And you do realize that the market is cyclical and always rebounds after financial crisis right? You do realize the dow was over 14k before the crash right? .... yeah I'm sure you realize all this :D

If you do then you would realize that even though the market hit a high during the last legs of Obama's presidency, claiming it went from 7 to 17 s short sighted. YOU could have been president (and we'd still have an orange orangutan) and the markets were bound to rebound big time post crash.

Not to say that Obama didn't do "some good" and I'm not promoting trump at all here. What I am doing is pointing out the stupidity of your argument and your lack of education.

Hth

The Orange Nooner is not capable of understanding this.

• Like 1

Hth

Humoungous market gain under Obama= Result of market being cyclical.

Tiny market gain under Trump= Result of Trump being an awesome business man.

Got it. :thumbsup:

:doh: :doh:

:doh:

Humoungous market gain under Obama= Result of market being cyclical.

Tiny market gain under Trump= Result of Trump being an awesome business man.

Got it. :thumbsup:

:doh: :doh:

:doh:

Where did I say the second part?

Try focusing on the part where anyone coil have been in office and the market would have rebounded.

Sorry but I don't give a ton of credit to Obama for 7k to 12k or so.

Where did I say the second part?

Try focusing on the part where anyone coil have been in office and the market would have rebounded.

Sorry but I don't give a ton of credit to Obama for 7k to 12k or so.

LOL You're adorable

neither one is impressive because both are benefiting from record low interest rates

LOL You're adorable

That's what I thought. You have no substance to your argument. You're just regurgitating numbers without understanding their context.

Another FYI for ya. We will most likely see a market sell off soon. How sharp and for how long will be interesting but history tells us it will happen. Subsequently, you and the trump basher (remember now skippy, I'm not a huge trump guy) will be here using that to bash him without rationalization of historical economic data.

Hint - there have been sharp and short market declines every year and at our current record highs, it's just a matter of time before 2017s

• Like 1

That's what I thought. You have no substance to your argument. You're just regurgitating numbers without understanding their context.

Another FYI for ya. We will most likely see a market sell off soon. How sharp and for how long will be interesting but history tells us it will happen. Subsequently, you and the trump basher (remember now skippy, I'm not a huge trump guy) will be here using that to bash him without rationalization of historical economic data.

Hint - there have been sharp and short market declines every year and at our current record highs, it's just a matter of time before 2017s

No way! Super Trump will have it continuing to climb until it grows even more than the 150% it did under Obama. lol

No way! Super Trump will have it continuing to climb until it grows even more than the 150% it did under Obama. lol

I like how you act like Obama had some great policy that boosted the Dow. I could argue that it Rose despite him as opposed to because of him typically higher taxes and increased regulation isn't a great Factor 4 production and market growth. In my opinion Obama didn't really do anything to build this Market.

Now Trump hasn't done anything either but the optimism has created this soaring Market. If he doesn't capitalize on it it will surely plummet

What amazing and educated substance you bring! Continue the good work, champ.

You're totally destroying it in this topic!

:D

I like how you act like Obama had some great policy that boosted the Dow. I could argue that it Rose despite him as opposed to because of him typically higher taxes and increased regulation isn't a great Factor 4 production and market growth. In my opinion Obama didn't really do anything to build this Market.

Now Trump hasn't done anything either but the optimism has created this soaring Market. If he doesn't capitalize on it it will surely plummet

Of course. Of course. Anything positive that happened during Obama's time in office was in spite of his efforts. Unemployment going from over 10% to under 5%, stock market improving by 150%, you name it. Imagine if it were Trump or someone who knew what he was doing!! 09% unemployment and 500% market improvement!! Whoot

(Pssst. You sound like a focking idiot)

Of course. Of course. Anything positive that happened during Obama's time in office was in spite of his efforts. Unemployment going from over 10% to under 5%, stock market improving by 150%, you name it. Imagine if it were Trump or someone who knew what he was doing!! 09% unemployment and 500% market improvement!! Whoot

(Pssst. You sound like a focking idiot)

Okay. By all means tell me the policy he installed that got this Market going?

Okay. By all means tell me the policy he installed that got this Market going?

What policy has Trump's market up 2000?

Corporate tax breaks are generally good for the market as are trumps promises to relax regulations a bit and his desire to start coming out ahead for the US in trade agreements

Corporate tax breaks are generally good for the market as are trumps promises to relax regulations a bit and his desire to start coming out ahead for the US in trade agreements

He said policy specifically... not talk and promises

See your problem is going to be that you can't identify one. However with Trump we have some tangible policies that these companies are acting upon which is why confidence is it at a 15-year High.

That's why I say the market went up despite Obama not because of it.

See your problem is going to be that you can't identify one. However with Trump we have some tangible policies that these companies are acting upon which is why confidence is it at a 15-year High.

That's why I say the market went up despite Obama not because of it.

Consumer confidence was sky high after Obama took over for Bush. The economy was headed for a depression under Bush. Obama won in a landslide because of how the economy was under Republican policies. That plus the fact that Obama shrunk the unemployment rate in half, is why the economy improved and the market more than doubled.

Consumer confidence was sky high after Obama took over for Bush. The economy was headed for a depression under Bush. Obama won in a landslide because of how the economy was under Republican policies. That plus the fact that Obama shrunk the unemployment rate in half, is why the economy improved and the market more than doubled.

Oh for god sakes enough with the unemployment rate. Everybody knows the participation rate is horrific. But please hang on to the one stat that looks like a lot of people are working when they are not.

I'm sorry but the election was almost five months ago.... and Obama wasn't pushing any policies that were making the market rise months before that. So to try to take credit for something well into Trump's Administration is comical. Especially when you can't point to one policy he did to make the market move at all.

This Market has skyrocketed since November because of the policies that Trump will put in. Obama has nothing to do with this Market being at 20

Oh for god sakes enough with the unemployment rate. Everybody knows the participation rate is horrific. But please hang on to the one stat that looks like a lot of people are working when they are not.

I'm sorry but the election was almost five months ago.... and Obama wasn't pushing any policies that were making the market rise months before that. So to try to take credit for something well into Trump's Administration is comical. Especially when you can't point to one policy he did to make the market move at all.

This Market has skyrocketed since November because of the policies that Trump will put in. Obama has nothing to do with this Market being at 20

ROFL

As I said, you poor Republicans are falling over yourselves trying to avoid giving Obama any credit 4 his accomplishments. It's actually laughable. And after only five weeks in office, you guys are wacking each other off because the stock market went up a tiny tiny bit.

ROFL

As I said, you poor Republicans are falling over yourselves trying to avoid giving Obama any credit 4 his accomplishments. It's actually laughable. And after only five weeks in office, you guys are wacking each other off because the stock market went up a tiny tiny bit.

I'm giving you every opportunity to point to a policy he had that boosted the market. So far you're not coming up with one. However I can easily argue that his regulations and tax hikes and red tape against small businesses not to mention Obamacare has crippled many businesses to where many of them have been sitting on cash for a long time.

Instead of your usual hurling of insults towards Republicans why don't you name the a policy he had that made this market just take off as you want to claim. Because again you can pinpoint right to November and the election when the market really took off.

I'm giving you every opportunity to point to a policy he had that boosted the market. So far you're not coming up with one. However I can easily argue that his regulations and tax hikes and red tape against small businesses not to mention Obamacare has crippled many businesses to where many of them have been sitting on cash for a long time.

Instead of your usual hurling of insults towards Republicans why don't you name the a policy he had that made this market just take off as you want to claim. Because again you can pinpoint right to November and the election when the market really took off.

you just said it was consumer confidence that has led to the market rise under Trump. Consumers hate Trump. America hates Trump. But still that's the excuse you're using. And that's the exact reason that Rose under Obama. They saw what Bush did to this economy and when he came in office people were feeling great. That started the whole ball rolling. 150 percent Improvement in the market. As compared to just 10% under Trump. And you guys are falling all over yourselves to congratulate each other. It's hilarious.

This is just like the fact that this country has used the exact same barometer for measuring unemployment since they started keeping records. Until Obama cut it in half. Then there's something new they have to use. Lolol

Pretty soon one of you Knuckleheads is going to tell me that Trump went out into the middle of the ocean and put the finishing touches on bin Laden to really made sure he is dead.

Don't bother with newbie. He can't even grasp the concept that Obama fell into a market that had already bottomed out and he could have legalized public nudity as a policy and the market would have bounced back.

He's definitely not going to give you any if Obama's market driving policies

• Like 1

I can point to bailing out the banks and the fed keeping interest rates so low that there was nowhere else to go with your money. Plus corporate buy backs of stocks. Obama is only supposed to have something to do with the bailout. The fed is supposed to be independent. Ha ha ha.

Don't bother with newbie. He can't even grasp the concept that Obama fell into a market that had already bottomed out and he could have legalized public nudity as a policy and the market would have bounced back.

He's definitely not going to give you any if Obama's market driving policies

That's true. Not a bit of substance from him. He's the guy that can only say "scoreboard"

So in summary I've given him an opportunity to name a policy. He has failed at doing so.

But but but Bush!!!