Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

All Time Greatest Video Games ***The Draft***

:thumbsup:

I would beg my Dad to take me to his bowling night (bowling/dart hall with a bar)... sometimes he'd let me... and I'd be in their arcade at 11 - 14 years old putting high scores on <games I can't mention in a draft> - TD, TD, TD, TD... everywhere in the place... eventually some classmate's older brother would be in there, see the scores and next thing you know, I'm a middle school legend... it was fockin' righteous.

Also that pick is all iterations on the type of system. For example you can't draft the Arcade version of a game then the PlayStation version. Duh.

Dragon's Lair the arcade is WORLDS different and better from the console. for example.

You should just NIX arcade games all together

Some arcade games are worlds better than the crap that was on the console.

Some people have no idea what an arcade is.

Track and Field for example

I would beg my Dad to take me to his bowling night (bowling/dart hall with a bar)... sometimes he'd let me... and I'd be in their arcade at 11 - 14 years old putting high scores on <games I can't mention in a draft> - TD, TD, TD, TD... everywhere in the place... eventually some classmate's older brother would be in there, see the scores and next thing you know, I'm a middle school legend... it was fockin' righteous.

:cheers:

:cheers:

the whispers in the arcade hall as you walk by... "that kid gets to the boat stage ever focking game"

I know you know what game it was Tommy... and you're damn fockin right I made it to the boat stage with every quarter.

:cheers: :D

my buddy had a photographic memory.

He could win Dragon's Lair and Space Ace, on the hardest level, with one quarter.

People would pay the quarter to watch him do it

He also could get to insane levels on Super Punch Out.

every high score in the arcade said

BRL

He could win Dragon's Lair and Space Ace, on the hardest level, with one quarter.

I gotta call bs on this. Dragon's Lair was .50 :D
  • Like 1

I gotta call bs on this. Dragon's Lair was .50 :)

I think you're right.

Wasn't it the 1st game that was .50 too?

I think you're right.

Wasn't it the 1st game that was .50 too?

First one I ever saw.

Dragon's Lair initially represented high hopes for the then-sagging arcade industry, fronting the new wave of immersive laser disc video games. A quote from Newsweek captures the level of excitement displayed over the game: "Dragon's Lair is this summer's hottest new toy: the first arcade game in the United States with a movie-quality image to go along with the action... The game has been devouring kids' coins at top speed since it appeared early in July. Said Robert Romano, 10, who waited all day in the crush at Castle Park without getting to play, 'It's the most awesome game I've ever seen in my life.'Arcade operators at its release reported long lines, even though the game was the first video arcade game to cost 50 cents.

Don Bluth FTW

• Like 1

BRL

I suxored at Dragons Lair - first ever fully cartoon game though - revolutionary. I'm pretty sure Space Ace came out after DL?

My buddy had the real Star Wars in his basement (looked like line art or Tempest like graphics - the one where you "flew" through the Death Star trench). The whole key to that game was not firing a shot until the exhaust duct - mad bonus points - one shot, blow up death star - high score.

I suxored at Dragons Lair - first ever fully cartoon game though - revolutionary. I'm pretty sure Space Ace came out after DL?

My buddy had the real Star Wars in his basement (looked like line art or Tempest like graphics - the one where you "flew" through the Death Star trench). The whole key to that game was not firing a shot until the exhaust duct - mad bonus points - one shot, blow up death star - high score.

I finished it ONCE in my life.

Not in the arcade though. but on a home console.

It was the exact replica of the arcade game.

The name is slipping me

I loved that game

Dude made a vide of playing on easy :thumbsdown:

yeah - and he's shooting too much... don't shoot... the game says or reads "Use the Force"... so fockin' use it and don't shoot... huge focking bonus points.

BRL

Dragon's Lair cost more than a quarter.

Damn. Shots with a couple of nice picks. :cheers:

The civilization series is one of my favorite games I have played every civ game going back to civ 1.

Fun fact the anti piracy in civilization 1 would ask you a history question 1000 years into the game. The game manual had the answers to the history questions and you had to get it right to keep playing.

2.12 - Street Fighter

Street Fighter >>> Mortal Kombat

Great pick. Was kinda hoping it woulf fall to me :cheers:

3.04 - Space Invaders

Babe Ruth right there.

That game owned America in the late 70s early 80s.

Mortal Combat & Civilization, great picks. Those were my next choices.

MK blew Street Fighter away - HTH.

3.05 - Diablo

really the first PC game I got into.

incredible game... the original and 2... one of those games that's a "first rounder" for me personally just because I played/loved it so much.

really the first PC game I got into.

incredible game... the original and 2... one of those games that's a "first rounder" for me personally just because I played/loved it so much.

It was a game changer :) , steal in the 3rd round.

It was a game changer :) , steal in the 3rd round.

it was the game where I finally owned and started learning about a PC, installing games (software), graphics drivers, cards, editing .ini files etc... I learned a ton about PC technology just because I was so into Diablo.

that music!

s

edit - again, WTF - the youtube videos no longer embed? it's a link? how exactly am I focking this up?