Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round One Commentary**

Dis. Cuss. Discuss.

Let the mock begin! :wub:

In my estimation one would have to be nuts to go in a different direction here. Foster is the pick.

In my estimation one would have to be nuts to go in a different direction here. Foster is the pick.

Agreed. I was able to find question marks on every other possibility.

im able to find question marks with foster too. nothing wrong with the pick at all but i don't think it was a no brainer.

is shovel new this year? I remember drawing the top pick my first year as well.

now im 12th in a year where im not high on the back end turns.

im able to find question marks with foster too. nothing wrong with the pick at all but i don't think it was a no brainer.

is shovel new this year? I remember drawing the top pick my first year as well.

now im 12th in a year where im not high on the back end turns.

Yes, first year in and I draw the pole.

What questions???

Good to be back this year. It was a weird offseason last year in more ways than one and this year, it feels like things are "normal" again.

To my knowledge, shovel, Riceman, and Matt's Eagles have never been a part of the No-Hassle League before, so I will post something about that format sometime between now and tomorrow morning.

As for Foster, that would have been my initial pick. Great system to run in on a team that will play from ahead quite a bit.

One "question" I see is Tate taking away some carries. There may be 1-2 other RBs who do not have such a quality backup, but this point alone would not have stppoed me from taking Foster #1.

One "question" I see is Tate taking away some carries. There may be 1-2 other RBs who do not have such a quality backup, but this point alone would not have stppoed me from taking Foster #1.

The Texans have also been contemplaing signing Justin Forsett to further muddy the waters. No major threat there, but still...

What questions???

like i said, im not saying he is a bad first overall pick but i think a case can be made for 2 others and while they have question marks, so does Foster.

1. How large a role will his backup play. his backup is a guy who is possibly a better runner and could be a #1 elsewhere. some of the other considerations at #1 overall do not have such a backup.

2. He did deal with some nagging injuries if i recall?

I might be nitpicking but banter is good. I just don't think i'd necessarily call Foster the clear choice.

i think a case can be made for 2 others and while they have question marks, so does Foster.

Correll Buckhalter and He Hate Me?

If I was drunker, I would have convinced myself to pick another RB, but the logical choice here is Ray Rice.

First three picks seem like they are as expected...now, the interesting stuff begins...

I'd like to add as well that this is my first time to ever pick in the top half of this draft...ever. Have picked either #11 or #12 nine of the last ten years.

If I was drunker, I would have convinced myself to pick another RB, but the logical choice here is Ray Rice.

Rice man takes Ray Rice. :doublethumbsup:

1- i will say this about foster.......from his days at tennessee i always throught he was the most complete back i've seen-( tennessee never fully utilized this guy and he had a terrible senior year )...better than cobb....webb...johnnie jones....little man stewart.....jay willians...travis henry......he's very versatile and can run with power......great fit for the once cut and go zone blocking scheme.........he's the top choice in ff this year.....

only questions are injury bugs....and now that he got the back contract will the effort match the money....he had character issues at tennessee...stayed in trouble....was lazy and fumbled often and was hard to coach...hence the reason he wasn't drafted......will these factors rear their ugly head this year

2 rice and mccoy- i think those respectively rank right behind foster............i would take either........

Geesh, I would have preferred to be #3. So many options . . . but conservatism wins out. I'll feel safer having a solid RB to anchor with the potential to really blow up.

Faced with a choice of leftovers at RB or the best WR in the game, I prefer to take the best player B) Mr Johnson, welcome to the party

I don't recall a year in a long time in which the #1 WR was so clear cut. Johnson is head and shoulders above all other WRs to the point that he's actually a value pick at 1.05. An argument could be made, actually, for him going sooner than that.

I don't recall a year in a long time in which the #1 WR was so clear cut. Johnson is head and shoulders above all other WRs to the point that he's actually a value pick at 1.05. An argument could be made, actually, for him going sooner than that.

Yes, I think some would suggest him a spot or two higher; there is another player who solidly belongs up in here in most scoring formats, just not this one as well....

Agreed on this. Not sure I would consider him any higher tho, the 4 RBs taken were appropriate and you could argue 1 more. Trying to think of other "clear cut" #1 receivers.......Rice and Moss in their heyday.

Remote on the clock...

Let's see... 4 RBs off the board, the clear #1 WR off the board....hmmmmmmmm I'm having a hard time figuring out who RC will take here :lol:

Love Calvin. Curse scares me a little. I'm actually debating an offer I have in a league where I would.receive him. I'm weighing his awesome potential versus losing team depth and already having stafford and pettigrew.

Didn't want to be in this quandry, but figured it would be between rodgers and *&^%$. Needed to grab some impact in the first round and definitly got that, now I just have to scramble at Rb and Wr. This is never fun. Mathews is who I was hoping would tumble to number 6.

Didn't want to be in this quandry, but figured it would be between rodgers and *&^%$. Needed to grab some impact in the first round and definitly got that, now I just have to scramble at Rb and Wr. This is never fun. Mathews is who I was hoping would tumble to number 6.

Oh well, I thought I could prod RC into passing on Rodgers since it was such an "obvious" choice for the GB homer but he didn't take the bait so now I need to go back to my board.... just a minute

Oh well, I thought I could prod RC into passing on Rodgers since it was such an "obvious" choice for the GB homer but he didn't take the bait so now I need to go back to my board.... just a minute

I wish I could have talked myself into the back......just couldn't. Would have grabbed Mathews though.

Wow...RC takes a QB in the first round. Color me surprised.

Now, if it were me taking a QB in the first round, nobody blinks an eye.

The times are a changin'. The top tier QBs deserve a strong look in the first and second rounds this year.

The times are a changin'. The top tier QBs deserve a strong look in the first and second rounds this year.

lol... you could just feel the trepidation as RC typed "QB", even with it being his man-crush Rawjaws ;)

With this being my first time in a league where QB's don't get 6pts per TD, I'm struggling with figuring out when they should get taken.

With this being my first time in a league where QB's don't get 6pts per TD, I'm struggling with figuring out when they should get taken.

First, welcome to the June Mock shovel. It's been a long time since we raised a glass in Boston.

Second, RC NEVER takes a QB early so this is quite :shocking:

First, welcome to the June Mock shovel. It's been a long time since we raised a glass in Boston.

Second, RC NEVER takes a QB early so this is quite :shocking:

Yeah, been a long time..that's gone by in a blink thanks to my daughter. I was curious as to if you were even still around.

Yeah, been a long time..that's gone by in a blink thanks to my daughter. I was curious as to if you were even still around.

Yeah, since then I've been divorced, remarried, moved to Colorado and had two kids :blink:

Not too active on FFT but still in touch via RC, Dan, the IBL and the Mock/No Hassle.

I took Rodgers at pick 4 in the second last year. (or somewhere close)

And we were shocked then too :lol:

1.07 - CJ2K

I'm buying. He's doing (not saying) all the right things to show he really wants to put last season behind him. First voluntary workout as a Titan is what caught my eye. He's still young and has the talent. An up and coming receiving corp should keep defenses honest and help get CJ in open space where he excels.

I almost always go with a safe pick in the first as an anchor to my squad but rolling the dice a bit this season.