:pointstosky:

rdr^2

#42 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:09 PM

Im buying a ps4 in a couple of weeks. Good to see some game reviews.

Im out on a group though, as Im sure Ill suck, since I havent played console games since ps2. And Im on the other side of the earth and all.

#43 Cloaca du jour

Cloaca du jour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:07 AM

Enjoy my ps4. My gamer tag is skooledyou66. Hit me up with a friend request.

I like anything multiplayer..

Mostly play world of tanks, destiny2, diablo3, fishing planet.

#44 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,308 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:12 AM

Enjoy my ps4. My gamer tag is skooledyou66. Hit me up with a friend request.

I like anything multiplayer..

Mostly play world of tanks, destiny2, diablo3, fishing planet.

If i started back destiny 2 Id be both lost and suck. Id be hitting the buttons and stuff for COD and Fock up completely

#45 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 05:59 AM

I got a ps4 yesterday. Im not enjoying it as much as I thought.

I have COD WWII, and I die constantly. Cant see the focking Germans, much less hit them.

I have Dark Souls 3, and I am focking terrible at that game.

Couple of sports games (NBA 2k17 and NHL 17.) theyre ok.

I will buy GTA and madden soon.

#46 5-Points

5-Points

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:24 AM

I have COD WWII, and I die constantly. Cant see the focking Germans, much less hit them.

COD WWII has been out for almost a year. You're at a serious disadvantage in that everybody else knows the maps and you don't yet. Don't worry about getting killed at this point just learn the maps. It'll come to you eventually.

Set up a private match against bots. You can set their skill level to match yours. It will help you learn the maps and get you familiar with the gunplay as well. Although, you'll be limited in what weapons you can use but that doesn't matter at this point.

#47 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:45 PM

COD WWII has been out for almost a year. You're at a serious disadvantage in that everybody else knows the maps and you don't yet. Don't worry about getting killed at this point just learn the maps. It'll come to you eventually.

Set up a private match against bots. You can set their skill level to match yours. It will help you learn the maps and get you familiar with the gunplay as well. Although, you'll be limited in what weapons you can use but that doesn't matter at this point.

Im not even playing online. Im talking about the campaign mode.

#48 seafoam1

seafoam1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 04:50 PM

Witcher 3 is awesome
Uncharted 4 is awesome

You don't have to know how to play these at the start.

#49 5-Points

5-Points

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 07:40 PM

Im not even playing online. Im talking about the campaign mode.

Oh. Did you set it on the easiest difficulty level?

#50 Cloaca du jour

Cloaca du jour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:29 PM

Download world of tanks...its free...great game. Im terrible at fps anymore...eyes are shot and dont have the reflexes.

World of tanks is a slower first person shooter

#51 5-Points

5-Points

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:14 PM

Download world of tanks...its free...great game. Im terrible at fps anymore...eyes are shot and dont have the reflexes.

I have the same problem. Older, slower reflexes, eyes are going and I'm usually a few beers deep while I'm playing. Still have fun with the FPS's though. Just have to outsmart the little whippersnappers. :D

#52 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:43 PM

Oh. Did you set it on the easiest difficulty level?

Yeah.

#53 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:49 PM

How do you download things?

Im having a bit of trouble with the online functions, seeing as how I live in a repressive commie sh!thole and all.

#54 Djgb13

Djgb13

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,308 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:28 AM

Yeah.

I hate to say this but maybe try something different. If youre dying in the campaign constantly youd be no match for people online. Well, unless you camp

#55 5-Points

5-Points

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 07:57 AM

How do you download things?

Im having a bit of trouble with the online functions, seeing as how I live in a repressive commie sh!thole and all.

Go to the PS Store. There's an icon for it (second row, all the way to the left) on the main screen. You can download all kinds of sh!t from there.

#56 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:00 AM

Go to the PS Store. There's an icon for it (second row, all the way to the left) on the main screen. You can download all kinds of sh!t from there.

Apparently I need a PlayStation plus account for that or something. I found world of tanks, but it wont let me download. China ps4 cards arent good on the us store, and I dont have a us credit card, so Ill either have to put money in my papal, or go get a Hong Kong prepaid card.

I live in a dorm full of single male teachers. Everyone loaned me all the games they are bored with. I have more to play right now than I have time for. Nice that I have next week off work.

#57 5-Points

5-Points

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:29 AM

Apparently I need a PlayStation plus account for that or something. I found world of tanks, but it wont let me download. China ps4 cards arent good on the us store, and I dont have a us credit card, so Ill either have to put money in my papal, or go get a Hong Kong prepaid card.

I live in a dorm full of single male teachers. Everyone loaned me all the games they are bored with. I have more to play right now than I have time for. Nice that I have next week off work.

Yeah, you'll have to pony up for PlayStation Plus if you want to play online. It's like $60/year or something.

That's cool that you got to borrow all those games. Hopefully there's enough of a variety that you can find something you like.

#58 Cloaca du jour

Cloaca du jour

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,155 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:33 AM

Plus you get 2 or 3 free full games a month to download or buy forever. For sixty bucks thats not bad. Sometimes they are indie titles or a few years old but free is free

#59 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 10:55 AM

Plus you get 2 or 3 free full games a month to download or buy forever. For sixty bucks thats not bad. Sometimes they are indie titles or a few years old but free is free

I have no problem spending the money, its merely the mechanics of doing so that are a pita. China can fock up anything.

#60 5-Points

5-Points

FF Geek

• Members
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

I have no problem spending the money, its merely the mechanics of doing so that are a pita. China can fock up anything.

I'm not sure how the exchange works but can you use a Chiner credit card to put money in your PS Wallet? Would it be rmb instead of dollars and does that matter?

#61 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,451 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

Titans check this out:

https://www.youtube....SN2krbNeK8gy5vl

Its a walkthrough. Try to see what you are doing in comparison to him and make changes.

#62 TimmySmith

TimmySmith

FF Geek

• Members
  • 16,384 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:48 PM

Early Review

https://www.washingt...m=.a198c2d67b3f

“We’ve fulfilled far more promises than we’ve promised,” the president said. “I call it promises plus.”

#63 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

So I spent basically all of last week playing Witcher III. Good game. We were off work, so serious game time.

Bought four new ones today. As luck would have it, I only have to work one hour today, and one hour tomorrow, so basically a four day weekend.

Got...

Madden 19
Assassins Creed Odyssey
Star Wars Battlefront II
Grand Theft Auto V

Gonna be a nice weekend.

#64 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,689 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:38 PM

Assassins creed odyssey is incredible, I cant put it down. Best of the series easily. Red dead 2 later this month will be one of the best games ever made and a masterpiece.

Spider-Man recently is also a must play, best Spider-Man game by miles. Spider-Man, red dead 2, God of war and AC Odyssey all deserve game of the year consideration and are reasons alone to get a PS4.

#65 Kanil

Kanil

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,870 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

Assassins creed odyssey is incredible, I cant put it down. Best of the series easily. Red dead 2 later this month will be one of the best games ever made and a masterpiece.

Spider-Man recently is also a must play, best Spider-Man game by miles. Spider-Man, red dead 2, God of war and AC Odyssey all deserve game of the year consideration and are reasons alone to get a PS4.

AC Odyssey is far and away my favorite AC game (although I didn't play any of them that came out after Black Flag).  I may even put off playing RDR2 until I finish this one.

#66 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:26 PM

We like completely different video games.

Steeler's Fan

#67 mobb_deep

mobb_deep

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,631 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:41 PM

I keep flip flopping on this. I love the series, sans New Vegas, and this one looks awesome. I just don't know if I'll find time to play it, already being so heavily invested in Destiny 2, and with RDR2 coming out. Don't want to drop 70$ just for it to sit there and get dusty.

Sangre Por Sangre

#68 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, AC Odyssey is easily the best of the four games I bought. That one will be my daily driver for a while.

Havent even opened GTA V yet. Ill save it until Im done with Odyssey.

Madden is madden. Im annoyed that it was far and away the most expensive of the four. Of course, it has the lowest demand here, as only the American expats want it. The others play FIFA.

Star Wars Battlefront is an amusing enough FPS. it is the weakest of the four, but also the cheapest, and Ill finish it eventually.

#69 mobb_deep

mobb_deep

FF Geek

• Members
  • 19,631 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:06 AM

Sounds like this one will be a turd, from what the talking heads are saying. SP is watered down and no real story. MP seems sort of dumb and pointless. Curious what you dudes who will be playing the beta will say.

Sangre Por Sangre

#70 mmmmm...beer

mmmmm...beer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:30 PM

Sounds like this one will be a turd, from what the talking heads are saying. SP is watered down and no real story. MP seems sort of dumb and pointless. Curious what you dudes who will be playing the beta will say.

Registered for the Beta... just waiting on access.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

#71 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,451 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

All the reviewers that I trust are saying it sucks. I think F76 will have a staled initial release but will get a sweet ass expansion just like Destiny did.

#72 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:25 PM

All the reviewers that I trust are saying it sucks. I think F76 will have a staled initial release but will get a sweet ass expansion just like Destiny did.

Yeah, what I am reading as well. This is too bad, I really wanted a good new fallout game.
Steeler's Fan

#73 mmmmm...beer

mmmmm...beer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, what I am reading as well. This is too bad, I really wanted a good new fallout game.

Is it bad I'm already looking forward to the next one they say is solo player?

Or the this game mod more than fallout 76?

https://www.moddb.co...utprojectbrazil
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

#74 mmmmm...beer

mmmmm...beer

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:04 PM

Have you guys thought about just saying foxk it? Ot buying 76 until they release the solo player mod I heard they arenalready working on?

I don't want to support a focking terrible idea.

I'll buy it in a year when it's $20...?

#75 iam90sbaby

iam90sbaby

FF Geek

• Members
  • 7,451 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

Have you guys thought about just saying foxk it? Ot buying 76 until they release the solo player mod I heard they arenalready working on?

Im going to play it probably the first few days it comes out, get bored and then wait for the expansion. Im mostly looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077.

#76 MTSkiBum

MTSkiBum

FF Geek

• Members
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

I pre-ordered it, I will pre-order the next fallout and the next elder scrolls as well. Crap from Bethesda is still better than many other developers best efforts.
Steeler's Fan

#77 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:45 PM

Im loving assassins Creed Odyssey. It has varied gameplay, great graphics, and tickles my history nerd fancy.

Im thinking of ordering some of the more recent older ones.

Anyone play black flag? Is that one fun?

#78 tanatastic

tanatastic

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,689 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:47 PM

Im loving assassins Creed Odyssey. It has varied gameplay, great graphics, and tickles my history nerd fancy.

Im thinking of ordering some of the more recent older ones.

Anyone play black flag? Is that one fun?

Origins is very similar to Odyssey, it has an ancient Egypt theme.

#79 Reality

Reality

FF Geek

• Members
  • 12,454 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:59 PM

I gotta get in on that Odyssey, looks phenomenal.

#80 titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

FF Geek

• Members
  • 26,080 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:26 PM

I gotta get in on that Odyssey, looks phenomenal.

It really is. I was playing Witcher 3, which is also awesome. But now im hooked on Odyssey.

You have the usual AC killing people part. But you can also get in your ship and go ram and board other ships. Its fun as hell.