Sign in to follow this  
GAMER

Another not so easy KEEPER ?

This is a standard ten team league, where we have to select THREE KEEPERS.

My KEEPER options are:

Julius Jones

Kevin Jones

Andre Johnson

Antonio Gates

Marvin Harrison.

Clever response. So you like JJ more this year than KJ? I was leaning towards KJ myself. Any more input or thoughts?

JJ injuries did hurt how much he played last year but they won't hurt his skill as a top running back(type of injury).. I agree KJ will be better this year but JJ's o-line is stronger and and that will make the difference. As for him splitting carries.. sure barber will get some but it won't be a RBBC.

IF KJ didn't play for the lions....

I'm not so sure that Dallas's OL is better than Detroit's OL. Kyle Kosier is a DET cast off and now DAL has him as their starting LG. Flozell Adams is coming off an ACL injury. AL Johnson is nuthin to brag about. Marco Rivera has a bad back and Fabini, well, is 35 yrs old witha alot of wear and tear. DET has Backus and Verba, who appear to be make a strong left side and Damien Woody is head above heels better than AL Johnson. I can't speak much about that right side. The better FB is also in DET. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm not certain of that. KJ is also the featured back with no real competition at all to speak of.

Gates for sure, then i say KJ over JJ and Marvin over AJ (by a narrow, narrow margin that I'm not even sure of).

I think Harrison and Gates are no brainers. Harrison is still the go to guy in one of the best offenses in the NFL. Gates is heads and shoulders above any other TE. As far as RB is concerned I think the JJ is the safer bet if he stays healthy. I was big on both these guys last year and was burned by both in different leagues. Obviously the Cowboy offense is improved with TO and that will open up things for the running game. Still too many questions with the Lions. In this case go with the system and the better team theory.

I would keep Gates. He is the class of TE's. I would keep Harrison at WR. He still has a few excellent years left. And lastly I would keep KJones over JJones. KJ will be in the Martz offense and has a ton of potential. JJ has a history of injuries and Parcells will not put up with much crap. Also, Dallas is old and when Bledsoe and Parcells leave who knows what will happen, where as Detroit is starting fresh now.

I would keep Gates. He is the class of TE's. I would keep Harrison at WR. He still has a few excellent years left. And lastly I would keep KJones over JJones. KJ will be in the Martz offense and has a ton of potential. JJ has a history of injuries and Parcells will not put up with much crap. Also, Dallas is old and when Bledsoe and Parcells leave who knows what will happen, where as Detroit is starting fresh now.

I agree. I think Jones just had a bad year, plain and simple. He's a very good talent and is in an offense that should really give him a lot of opportunity to put up huge numbers. I may not happen this year, but I'm not sold on JJ.

Bdill77's analysis is good.