Sign in to follow this  
Silencer

Interested in representing your country ? Or state ?

The International Fantasy League is looking for owners!

The league actually started in 2002, but will be re-emerging in 2007 after a 5 year hiatus.

Our goal is to have a fantasy league with international bragging rights on the line. One week you could be whopping Scotland, the other Russia, and the third Japan...or you may be losing to Canada if you don't make that vital trade with Oregon!

In this league, we will try to combine national pride with a pretty good fantasy football setup to the enjoyment of everyone involved. Hopefully this is something you want to take part in, representing your country.

As if bragging rights weren't enough, there is a reward to those who excel too. The playoff champ gets $1000, and the total points champ gets $500. And there's plenty of other ways to increase your winnings, including a weekly prize for the highest score.

We'll have one owner representing each country / state. Countries for all nations outside the U.S. and Canada; states for the U.S and possibly Canada (depending on interest).

The league will potentially be divided into four conferences with 12 teams each. Each with their separate drafts and separate player pools. The top 4 teams from each conference goes on to the winner's bracket of the playoffs, which will conclude in our very own World Bowl!

5 years ago we were playing on Yahoo!, but this time around we can be found on RTSports.com:

You can view the league setup by going to www.rtsports.com and logging in with username IFL2007 and password welcome.

As you can see there, we're a redraft league.

The draft(s) will be held on the weekend of 1st-2nd of September at 8:00 AM CEST and 2 PM CEST.

Team names will be the names of the countries/states. No nicknames or similar. It'll look like this:

Washington 12 - Nevada 22

Alaska 0 - Idaho 50

France 12 - Germany 22

and so on

You can contact me on silencer@tnfj.com if this sounds interesting to you. Please remember to include which country you would be interested in representing :pointstosky:

Almost forgot:

Entry fee will be $50.

Prize money:

$100 to each Conference Champ

$50 to each Conference runner-up

$1000 to Playoff Champ

$500 to total point winner for the season

$10 to highest points each week

Just a quick update here:

The league will be free (no entry fee, but no prize money either) this season. We will still be at RTSports, and then costs there are already covered. Send me a mail at silencer@tnfj.com if you're interested in participating!

Silencer, this will be a live draft and I would only need to participate in one of the two draft date/times right? CEST... I don't know what that is is that eastern (New York) time? Also, if I do this it would be either as Michigan or China.

Silencer, this will be a live draft and I would only need to participate in one of the two draft date/times right? CEST... I don't know what that is is that eastern (New York) time? Also, if I do this it would be either as Michigan or China.

CEST = Eastern (New York) time as far as I know. You will only need to participate in one of the draft date/times. Which one depends on which conference your team is in. The teams are put into divisions by geographic location, so that the draft time is more suitable to the majority of the owners if they're actually in the region of the country/state they're representing. It is of course possible to draft by automated cheatsheet if necessary, but being there is certainly more fun ;-)

Michigan and China are both still available, so pls send me an e-mail if you're still interested :-)