Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Martavis Bryant breakout this weekend

Looks like Eli Rodgers will be active this week to play the slot. That will move JuJu Smith-Shuster to play more outside and take snaps away from Martavis Bryant.

Nope, he was a wasted pick, move on.

Disagree. The talent is there. We've seen what he can do....just gotta hope that he Pitt offense gels.

Disagree. The talent is there. We've seen what he can do....just gotta hope that he Pitt offense gels.

Well now he is requesting a trade. So...

what a nightmare the steelers lockerroom is right now. WTF. you have bell holding out. you have brown going bananas when he doesn't get the ball (but the team is winning), you have roethlisberger talking about not having it anymore and maybe retiring, and now bryant wants out.

i can't help but question the type of leadership going on among the staff

• Like 1

I can’t wait for this mantra coming back up next week. That would make 7 in a row.......dud after dud.

You guys are gluttons for punishment.

Biggest most unexplainable complete and utter WR bust in memory.

I am at a loss to explain it.

i have him in a dynasty. nothing to do but stash at end of bench and hope for a better situation someday

i had several beers and could be exaggerating but towards the end of the ball game ben threw a long deep pass to him and his effort was suspect. didn't even reach out for the ball. ben looked frustrated after.

sickening.

correct me if I'm wrong. #beers

i have seen several where i thought he should dive for it, etc.

i was actually thinking of bryant's lack of effort when gronk mad a great dive for a catch last night. and i thought "want to be elite? give elite effort, like THAT"

of course gronk was flagged on the play in question, but still. came very close to an amazing play

the more i think about this the more i think: what an idiot! i mean, with his past history, he should be showing everyone that will pay attention that he can be a good teammate despite the lack of involvement.

"of course anyone would prefer to be a bigger part of it, but the team won and has been winning. i need to make sure and stay focused and help anyway i can"

this is the sort of thing he should be saying

As a Steelers fan, his shit is getting real old real fast. Team is winning now and improving, and all he cares about is "mines"?

“@juju is the future and got great talent and is going to be one of the best to play the game I want him to get his I just want mines period point blank ain’t nobody did nothing to get me back I worked my [butt] off to get myself back with no help and little support period in due time the process will show.”

WTF?! The Steelers were all over supporting him, with multiple reports of multiple players trying to keep in touch with him during his suspension. Your one good season was now TWO YEARS AGO. At this point I would almost rather see them trade his ass but you'll never get full value for him.

As a Steelers fan, his shit is getting real old real fast. Team is winning now and improving, and all he cares about is "mines"?

WTF?! The Steelers were all over supporting him, with multiple reports of multiple players trying to keep in touch with him during his suspension. Your one good season was now TWO YEARS AGO. At this point I would almost rather see them trade his ass but you'll never get full value for him.

yeah. they need that lockerroom under better control. not pretending to know the contract nuances, but something drastic, like cutting him, might be in order

I anticipate s benching this week. Inactive. Let Justin Hunter dress his place. Let DHB run as deep decoy

• Like 1

I anticipate s benching this week. Inactive. Let Justin Hunter dress his place. Let DHB run as deep decoy

Yeah, Hunter looked impressive in the preseason, I'd rather see him over DHB (although the one catch DHB had yesterday was SWEEEEET!!!). In fact, if I'm Tomlin, I take your suggestion and make him inactive, then I game plan about 12 targets for JuJu, just to rub that sh!t in.

I think he actually could get traded - for as low as a conditional late pick - just so PIT can be rid of the distraction.

I'm tempted to hold him until this shakes out.

He was a no show at today's mandatory meetings

I read this is the 3rd time in the last 6 weeks that he called out sick from meetings. Can only hope the best for this guy's mental health. Unless of course he just has really just been getting sick.

It seems he is fighting some demons around his addictions and maybe depression. Who knows.

Bryant has requested a trade. Tomlin has responded with "He isn't available for trade".

Also read that JuJu is in concussion protocol, so the Bryant breakout might happen this weekend if JuJu isn't cleared.

if he's skipping meetings and such then his butt needs to be pinned to the pine. but i would not put it past tomlin to give the squeaky wheel some grease. unfortunately, as a steelers fan, i no longer have confidence in Tomlin. there has to be discipline, imho

Bryant has requested a trade. Tomlin has responded with "He isn't available for trade".

Also read that JuJu is in concussion protocol, so the Bryant breakout might happen this weekend if JuJu isn't cleared.

if he's skipping meetings and such then his butt needs to be pinned to the pine. but i would not put it past tomlin to give the squeaky wheel some grease. unfortunately, as a steelers fan, i no longer have confidence in Tomlin. there has to be discipline, imho

i'm totally with you. if JuJu can't play, bench Bryant's ass just to prove your point. There's plenty of WR talent there to live without them for 1 game.

"He isn't available for trade" = Tomlin trying to keep Bryant's trade value as HIGH as possible. Bryant will be on another team by the end of the season. I'm dropping Bryant for a TE this week to fill in for Engram's bye.

"He isn't available for trade" = Tomlin trying to keep Bryant's trade value as HIGH as possible. Bryant will be on another team by the end of the season. I'm dropping Bryant for a TE this week to fill in for Engram's bye.

If Bryant isn't on another team by next week, then he won't be at all this season. 10/31 is the trade deadline.

The guy has been held onto and supported by Pitt through his tough times of suspension due to drug use.

Now, when he finally can play, he bitches about targets. What a jerk.

• Like 1

yeah. he's got some serious issues. i can't imagine it's going to work out for him. or for me. i picked him up in a trade in the off season in dynasty and had really high hopes.

but the steelers fan in me wants to see him gone. maybe just maybe there is a perfect world where they trade him for a conditional ham sandwich and he gets yet another chance?

The guy has been held onto and supported by Pitt through his tough times of suspension due to drug use.

yeah. he's got some serious issues. i can't imagine it's going to work out for him. or for me. i picked him up in a trade in the off season in dynasty and had really high hopes.

but the steelers fan in me wants to see him gone. maybe just maybe there is a perfect world where they trade him for a conditional ham sandwich and he gets yet another chance?

One of the radio shows (Mike and Mike I think) was talking about an idea of him going to the Bears, who have zilch at WR. I guess the Giants would also be desperate for one as well. But I think if the Steelers could get back a 5th round pick for him, that's about as much as they could hope for. :dunno:

yep. and a 5th rounder could be enough, imo.

struggling to see him and Eli together. maybe trubisky could handle his antics a little better. giving him what he wants isn't really high on my list right now, but if they trade him for little enough, such that the other team has very little invested, then maybe it will be ok wrt setting precedents, etc

One of the radio shows (Mike and Mike I think) was talking about an idea of him going to the Bears, who have zilch at WR. I guess the Giants would also be desperate for one as well. But I think if the Steelers could get back a 5th round pick for him, that's about as much as they could hope for. :dunno:

someone correct me if I am wrong.

My understanding is he got suspended once for drug use, and once for not showing up for a drug test.

with respect to the latter, (and my memory is foggy on this) but I seem to recall some report that he was suffering from Chronic Depression (or something of the like) and was actually clean, but couldnt motivate himself to go to the drug tests.

how truthful those reports are (with respect to being clean) I cannot say, but this fits with the pattern and if he was suffering from some depression, that would likely be why he didnt make the meeting.

Guys like this are tough to rely on. I fully sympathize, but if a person is having an 'episode' they will have trouble motivating themselves just to get out of bed.

So if he is affected by this and is expected to learn the gameplan, and perform at a high level, There will be times when this is not a realistic expectation for him

ditto for doing things such as showing for team meetings and/or drug tests.

I do hope he has luck in dealing with his issues, but for my fantasy team, I had him as a DND.

someone correct me if I am wrong.

My understanding is he got suspended once for drug use, and once for not showing up for a drug test.

with respect to the latter, (and my memory is foggy on this) but I seem to recall some report that he was suffering from Chronic Depression (or something of the like) and was actually clean, but couldnt motivate himself to go to the drug tests.

how truthful those reports are (with respect to being clean) I cannot say, but this fits with the pattern and if he was suffering from some depression, that would likely be why he didnt make the meeting.

Guys like this are tough to rely on. I fully sympathize, but if a person is having an 'episode' they will have trouble motivating themselves just to get out of bed.

So if he is affected by this and is expected to learn the gameplan, and perform at a high level, There will be times when this is not a realistic expectation for him

ditto for doing things such as showing for team meetings and/or drug tests.

I do hope he has luck in dealing with his issues, but for my fantasy team, I had him as a DND.

It's a good point, but the problem is maturity and communication. He lashed out a snapchat users, skips meetings, and acts like a diva without the realization that he's got 18 catches for 234 yrds and 1 TD on the season. To put that in perspective, Amari Cooper put up 11/210/2TD this past weekend, and he's been a BUST up to that point. The team has stood by you for 2 suspension filled years, I'm fairly sure if you will shut up on social media and sit down and talk with them, some things will just work out.

Breaking News - Martavis Bryant was demoted to the scout team offense at practice today.

That's from the bot. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease, sometimes it gets hit with the hammer.