Sign in to follow this  
Maulers1973

RB Wayne Gallman

Giants homers or Clemson fans, what do we know about this guy? I might be in need a RB if Smallwood is a no go for this weekend. I know the Giants line is bad, but he seems to be able to run north south with some power. Is he going to be the deal in the Gmen backfield going forward?

I also think the matchup against the Chargers this weekend is a good one.

I heard he can't pass protect, that might limits his upside. Hope he breaks out, it's a waste land there.

I pulled a quote from an article in the NY Post:

"There is more to earning the trust of the coaching staff than what Gallman does with the ball in his hands. He needs to show he can pass-protect, something he did expertly when he took on 281-pound defensive end William Gholston, stopping the bigger defender in his tracks to provide Eli Manning the time he needed to complete a pass."

Giants homers or Clemson fans, what do we know about this guy? I might be in need a RB if Smallwood is a no go for this weekend. I know the Giants line is bad, but he seems to be able to run north south with some power. Is he going to be the deal in the Gmen backfield going forward?

I also think the matchup against the Chargers this weekend is a good one.

Clemson fan here,

Gallman isn't the most exciting RB to watch. His top gear is below average and he won't juke anyone out of their shoes with his agility.

What he is, is consistent, solid in all phases of the game (including blocking) and a team player. His intangibles are excellent and that's why he held of more talented and highly recruited players to take the job at Clemson. He was also a devastating blocker there, often lead blocking for Watson on designed QB run plays. In the title game he takes out two Bama defenders with a key block to spring Watson for a TD run.

So he's nothing like Kareem hunt and even Perkins probably has better RB skills in the open field, but he's got quick initial burst and is a decisive runner. He also moves the pile when he makes contact. I think he's a better fit for this Giants offense that needs a blocker and a player that can get something behind that garbage o-line, even if its just going to be 2-3 yards. I don't think he'll ever have a WOW statline, but I do think he can be serviceable on volume as he can be a 3 down back in that offense.

• Like 2

I heard he can't pass protect, that might limits his upside. Hope he breaks out, it's a waste land there.

Perkins is the back that can't pass protect. His blocking is non-existent.

Perkins is the back that can't pass protect. His blocking is non-existent.

You mean like his rushing. * hard eye roll *

• Like 1

Clemson fan here,

Gallman isn't the most exciting RB to watch. His top gear is below average and he won't juke anyone out of their shoes with his agility.

What he is, is consistent, solid in all phases of the game (including blocking) and a team player. His intangibles are excellent and that's why he held of more talented and highly recruited players to take the job at Clemson. He was also a devastating blocker there, often lead blocking for Watson on designed QB run plays. In the title game he takes out two Bama defenders with a key block to spring Watson for a TD run.

So he's nothing like Kareem hunt and even Perkins probably has better RB skills in the open field, but he's got quick initial burst and is a decisive runner. He also moves the pile when he makes contact. I think he's a better fit for this Giants offense that needs a blocker and a player that can get something behind that garbage o-line, even if its just going to be 2-3 yards. I don't think he'll ever have a WOW statline, but I do think he can be serviceable on volume as he can be a 3 down back in that offense.

Thanks for the insight. ^ :thumbsup:

I wish you guys would have been more encouraging. I picked him and dropped Allen. Maybe the plane ride and time change from LA will enable him to have a really big day!!!

Gallman is the best option they have. They're 0-4 and drafted the guy in the 4th round for a reason. He can pass block well enough to not be a liability (like most rookie RB's). I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 15 carries this week.

Thought he showed decent shake n bake last week...

https://youtu.be/fRCwWAtpTBo

Great.. now I have a choice between Gallman, Alex Collins and McKinnon in one of my flex spots. Decisions, Decisions. I like the way Gallman runs.

I'm starting to lean Gallman, because of his strong showing last week, and Perkins being down. Alex Collins will be on a short leash and coming out on 3rd downs and McKinnon will be in a time share with Murray.

I think I'm about to board the Gallman train! All aboard!?

He might not be great at any one thing but he does seem to be a "down-hill" type runner. Looked decent enough.

I think I'm about to board the Gallman train! All aboard!?

If you get on now, you may get off next week when the Gmen play the scary Denver Broncos and their magnificent front 7.

Yes, his power is not in dispute, but the team already has a power back in Blount.

if hes not gonna beat out Blount, he wont play a ton.

unless he can step into the smallwood role in this offense, I dont see huge upside for him in the short term.

That being said, Blount is now on the wrong side of 30 in terms of age, so there is certainly a chance he could carve himself out a timeshare.

Maybe it's me...I don't know what you're talking about. Gallmann plays for the Giants. Smallwood and Blount are Eagles.

Is there sarcasm I'm missing? Seriously, I'm very tired right now.

Yes, his power is not in dispute, but the team already has a power back in Blount.

if hes not gonna beat out Blount, he wont play a ton.

unless he can step into the smallwood role in this offense, I dont see huge upside for him in the short term.

That being said, Blount is now on the wrong side of 30 in terms of age, so there is certainly a chance he could carve himself out a timeshare.

Go home. You're drunk.

Drafted Gallman in dynasty. Ended up dropping him because he looks slow and non-elusive.

Drafted Gallman in dynasty. Ended up dropping him because he looks slow and non-elusive.

Completely agree.

And to the earlier post that said he looks like a "down hill" runner... at 6'0" 210 that's not a "down hill" kinda frame... he looks like a lanky WR...

Also his combine measurables are as average as it gets. Wth did the Giants see in this guy? Lol

I agree he is not speedy like Perkins, but what has that gotten him? Since last week was the only time I have seen him, I think he has other attributes that make him more effective on this sorry rushing team. I mean he averaged 4 yds a carry and he was wide open on his td catch. He obviously knows how to do that- catch the ball. I'm not sure your assessment is accurate. The gmen were very high on him when drafted. There must be something they liked.

I lot of the negative posts about Gallman were said about Emmitt Smith (5'9" 210 lbs). The fact of the matter is this: Perkins isn't any good and Darkwa hasn't exactly capitalized on his opportunites. We don't know what will become of Gallman but he is going to get a shot to win the RB job. He is worth a flyer and I picked him up in 2 of my leagues....forced to start him in one.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Gallman will be Emmitt or that the GMen o-line is like Dallas' was circa 1995

I lot of the negative posts about Gallman were said about Emmitt Smith (5'9" 210 lbs). The fact of the matter is this: Perkins isn't any good and Darkwa hasn't exactly capitalized on his opportunites. We don't know what will become of Gallman but he is going to get a shot to win the RB job. He is worth a flyer and I picked him up in 2 of my leagues....forced to start him in one.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying Gallman will be Emmitt or that the GMen o-line is like Dallas' was circa 1995

Using Perkins & Darkwa as a measure for talent in reasoning to think Gallmans production will be a plus is foolish if there are better options like Alex Collins or even the Jets McGuire who are superior backs in pure talent and should put up better numbers with less carries also both are better receivers, even McKinnon with the Vikes will be more productive......

Pro football reference has emmitt at 5'9" 221... Gallman is 6'0 210.. those are very different body types. Have you watched him play? He looks nothing like emmitt smith.

Pro football reference has emmitt at 5'9" 221... Gallman is 6'0 210.. those are very different body types. Have you watched him play? He looks nothing like emmitt smith.

Just looked at a couple of Emmitt Smith football cards from the 90's and they have his weight ranging from 203 - 209 lbs. I'll stipulate that by the time he retired Smith was up to 220.

I agree that their body types aren't the same but then again I don't remember comparing body types.

The Smith comparison was more about the so-so combine measurements, he can't block stuff, too slow etc. etc.

I'm pretty sure this is what I said "We don't know what will become of Gallman but he is going to get a shot to win the RB job."

Using Perkins & Darkwa as a measure for talent in reasoning to think Gallmans production will be a plus is foolish if there are better options like Alex Collins or even the Jets McGuire who are superior backs in pure talent and should put up better numbers with less carries also both are better receivers, even McKinnon with the Vikes will be more productive......

"superior" is a reach imo.

Too many ???'s on those mentioned (plus some were already taken) to lose my waiver priority which is currently at #2. Grabbed Gallman for free (well $5 really). If he don't work out, oh well, what else is new when it comes to the ww.

Good points about Collins talent but opportunity is the trump card. Giants backfield is there for the taking and the bar is low. If Gallman pans out as a do everything back He is a dart throw waiver add with rb2/3 upside.

Good points about Collins talent but opportunity is the trump card. Giants backfield is there for the taking and the bar is low. If Gallman pans out as a do everything back He is a dart throw waiver add with rb2/3 upside.

Opportunity makes Alex Collins a must grab , as it appears he is now the Ravens starting back with a offense based on run-heavy numbers....I watch a heavy dose of college games and RB video, Collins is a true power runner in the mode of Lynch, while Gallman runs extremely vertical not too shifty also lacking speed ....I was shocked he was drafted before the 6th round, I think he is still raw in running style and blocking ability not to mention overall athletic talent.....Hopefully he works out for fantasy owners, but if you have a shot at Collins do not hesitate........

I don't see the Gmen being that committed to running the ball.

The Ravens on the other hand need too.

• Like 1

I don't see the Gmen being that committed to running the ball.

The Ravens on the other hand need too.

Bingo.....this is ultimately why I chose Collins over Gallman. Let's just hope Collins doesn't fumble again.

Bingo.....this is ultimately why I chose Collins over Gallman. Let's just hope Collins doesn't fumble again.

Heck, most ff'ers would choose Collins over Gallman, not much of an argument there except if Collins, who is best known for being a fumbler, loses another fumble, will be once again irrelevant. Thing is, Collins was already taken in 3 of my 4 leagues before last week.

I was able to snag Gallman in 2 leagues this week without losing my waiver priority. I was pretty happy to get an RB off the ww who has a chance for 15+ touches this week. He'll probably stink it up...................maybe he won't.

But, I digress...