Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

** Round 10-16 Commentary - July PPR Mock **

Any thoughts on Foster at 12.03?

I have Ajayi, and if Foster signs with Miami today, then I would have his backup. If not, he may end up as some team's starter later in the season after injuries. A gamble.....but as a RB4 I thought I could afford him here.

Reminder to folks: every team needs to pick a minimum of 4 RBs.

Thanks everyone.

Joshypoo Furgeson, also known as Josh Furgeson, is an USGA out of IL. The Colts can't stop talking about how much they love this kid and they originally had a 4th round grade on him. I can easily see him being this year's Duke Johnson if the Colts really do want their own small pass catching back like they have been saying.

Plus there is an added bonus of playing behind the ancient Frank Gore. He is a sweet add to my backfield.

I agree on this. Great pick here!!

Any thoughts on Foster at 12.03?

I have Ajayi, and if Foster signs with Miami today, then I would have his backup. If not, he may end up as some team's starter later in the season after injuries. A gamble.....but as a RB4 I thought I could afford him here.

Reminder to folks: every team needs to pick a minimum of 4 RBs.

Thanks everyone.

I think it's a good pick. I don't think he can last a full season. As a starter for a few weeks he would be money. I just never like my team enough to pull the trigger on him. I always have a few guys I think could be more valuable over a season. But for those that want the upside at this point Foster definitely has it.

A lot of QBs have gone off the board recently and since I have to draft two I figured I better grab one now. Stafford may not be high on a lot of people's boards because of the loss of Megtron but I think that makes him a steal. The offense was much better with the new OC and since I don't think they will be very good overall I expect them to be throwing the ball a lot in games they are behind in. Stafford has always thrown the ball a lot and Tate was great with him when Megatron was hurt a couple years ago.

Tyrod was there but I'm not sold on him. I'm not sure the Bills are even sold on him. Dalton would've been my other pick but I'm not sure what their offense will be like with their new OC. Stafford seemed to be the best option. Regardless, it was my back up QB so I didn't stress too much over it.

I am not trying to be a "stickler" here as I always enjoy Hawkeye's comments and he is a "shark" here in this draft. But, I thought it was kind of an unwritten rule that we don't mention players by name if they haven't been selected yet. Is this still true or am I simply behind the times?? Just checking in to be sure.

Tannehill was my target forquite a few rounds and he fell. Number two on that list was Tyrod. In 14 games alst season he rushed for almost 600 yards, scoring 4 times. He combined for 3600 yards with his 3000 yards passing and 20 more TD's. I feel with this being his second year in charge and still no extended contract, he will be playing for a bunch. Given a 16 game season, he should amass 4100+ yards combined and 30 td's.

I am not trying to be a "stickler" here as I always enjoy Hawkeye's comments and he is a "shark" here in this draft. But, I thought it was kind of an unwritten rule that we don't mention players by name if they haven't been selected yet. Is this still true or am I simply behind the times?? Just checking in to be sure.

I actually thought about that as soon as I posted it but then I thought to myself that this is also suppose to be a learning tool so others can see our thought process. So I figured I leave it and see what happens. If I shouldn't have done that then I apologize and completely understand why.

I think its OK since this is a mock. I mean there is probably a line not to cross somewhere. I just thought that everything I have read so far has been fine. But I could be wrong.

Tannehill was my target forquite a few rounds and he fell. Number two on that list was Tyrod. In 14 games alst season he rushed for almost 600 yards, scoring 4 times. He combined for 3600 yards with his 3000 yards passing and 20 more TD's. I feel with this being his second year in charge and still no extended contract, he will be playing for a bunch. Given a 16 game season, he should amass 4100+ yards combined and 30 td's.

I think those expectations for TDS are pretty high. We don't know Watkins health. Without a healthy Watkins I think Taylor is waiver fodder.

I actually thought about that as soon as I posted it but then I thought to myself that this is also suppose to be a learning tool so others can see our thought process. So I figured I leave it and see what happens. If I shouldn't have done that then I apologize and completely understand why.

We try to avoid name dropping. I didn't need to hear the name to make my pick as I am very high on him and just glad he wasn't sniped.

We try to avoid name dropping. I didn't need to hear the name to make my pick as I am very high on him and just glad he wasn't sniped.

I get the reason why. Some feel that if a name isn't brought up then they will be forgotten and have the chance to fall. It can also work as a way to talk up players in order to persuade others into taking players you don't want. In a regular live draft these are normal strategies.

I've been treating this particular thread as a source of info for others reading. I feel we are giving others a view of all of our thought processes as we draft and it can be pretty valuable info. Just like listening to a podcast while they do a mock draft.

I know it's almost over but I will keep from naming players that haven't been picked from now on. No worries.

Was looking at three different WR here and decided to go with Sanu. He's young. He's got a strong QB. He's got an all-pro opposite him to draw the coverage. Early camp notes say he's gotten past his "dropsies". I certainly think he can outplay his WR5 status on my team.

The next pick was a little more difficult. I hate drafting this early because the depth charts aren't set and we don't get to see how things play out. Charles is absolutely an injury risk and solidifying his back up is pretty important. Unfortunately, at this stage, it's hard to know who that will be. I had to go with the current back up (although we know how that worked out last year, thank you Knile Davis) and the man they handed the reigns to last year and cross my fingers that he holds onto the job.

I like the sand pick and from a value perspective you took him at the right time, agree with your thoughts and approach

I don't agree that Sanu has a strong qb. Ryan is average, maybe a little above. Rarely have two receivers been relevant at the same time from that team.

There is a player I really want bad but needed the TE. Adam Gase could vault Cameron into a fantasy top 12 TE. He has had great luck using the TE position in his offense. Loads of talent, and though he took a paycut this year, they still guaranteed him 5 million on his contract. I'm hoping for 55+ receptions, for 550 yards and 5-6 Tds.

Landry took West and he almost got taken on the last turn where I chose Starks. West is the most important cuff in my opinion with jamals age and perpensity for injury. West has proven he could produce.

Happy to have a nice upside backup QB in Mariota who has the capability of running. I was aiming for him as my backup the whole way. Glad I got him as there is only one more person I would be reasonably comfortable with.

Really wanted Cameron here, remote scooped me again, will settle for the last tight end on my list I guess.....sigh

This pick will hurt my end of the season BBall MFL rankings if he doesn't sign but this is the pick I'd make in real life.

I don't think Fitz is a total lock for the Jets FWIW but it probably happens.

The selection numbers are wrong on the last 2 picks!

I don't agree that Sanu has a strong qb. Ryan is average, maybe a little above. Rarely have two receivers been relevant at the same time from that team.

Two years ago Roddy White had 80/921/7TD. If I can get close to that out of my WR5 I'll be a happy man.

I wanted to grab Aiken with my last pick. That would have been WR6 but was hard to pass over the value. I needed the TE more and so it's history. Nice grab!

I was pretty happy getting Aiken here. I find myself taking him a lot at this point in mock drafts. He was the only one that seemed to shine for WRs when Smith got hurt. I know Smith is back this year but I really think Aiken showed the team what he can do and be a very solid WR2 for the team. I think he can put up 700-800 yards and maybe 5 TDs this year. He's nothing but value for me as my 5th WR.

The selection numbers are wrong on the last 2 picks!

Hell, RLLD is in an entirely different round!

ICEMAN

Hell, RLLD is in an entirely different round!

ICEMAN

LOL I didn't even notice that. I did notice the repeat of the pick number though. It's that time of the draft where you just start losing track of things.

I also liked the Aiken grab. He was one of the WRs I was looking at when I took Sanu. Had his path to the starting line up been a little more clear, I would have probably taken him. But with the two invalids in front of him (Smith and Perriman), I was a little nervous.

Sniped by the Guru !!

It was Gordon or Coats for me. Nice selection Doug.

Sniped by the Guru !!

It was Gordon or Coats for me. Nice selection Doug.

I was torn between a handful of strong WR3 (on their own team) candidates. When it came right down to it, I had an easier time imagining Coates doing a Martavis Bryant impression than I did any of the others having a huge impact.

There goes my strategy for the last few rounds. Was goi g to take Gostkoski in the 14th before everyone else started grabbing Ks. Really didn't expect a kicker to go this early.

There goes my strategy for the last few rounds. Was goi g to take Gostkoski in the 14th before everyone else started grabbing Ks. Really didn't expect a kicker to go this early.

I had NO DOUBT on that pick.

I was pretty sure no one else cared about Rishard Matthews. If I knew he was going to be taken I would have probably taken him here. He is one of my big time sleepers this year. I may not take another receiver since he had the most upside left.

Picking from my Samsung phone has an entirely unique set of difficulties. I was on the top of a mountain teaching scouts how to survive in the woods, you halve no idea how hard it was to stay in contact.....lol

Picking from my Samsung phone has an entirely unique set of difficulties. I was on the top of a mountain teaching scouts how to survive in the woods, you halve no idea how hard it was to stay in contact.....lol

Were you seriously in the woods?

Were you seriously in the woods?

yep, it was hard, but fun, and the scouts were totally into it so they learned a ton.

• Like 1