Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

*********THE OFFICIAL: OBAMA IS RUNNING ON HIS RECORD FOR RE-ELECTION THREAD***********

Here is a quick list of Obama's 'accomplishments' since taking over. Being from Texas, I don't get to see many ads run by the candidates, so if anyone can point us to anything on this list that Obama is out there touting it would be appreciated.

I'd also be interested to read his recap about how Bush left the country. Please find that and post it. MKThanksBye

Just like I said in post 9 of this thread. Now that he has to half way pay attention to the turd the Republicans finally decided on, he'll unleash it.

Obummer ad about domestic oil production @ an 8-year high.

Oil production is up on private land, which the Govt has nothing to do with. It's down on Fed land, and permits are waaaaay down under Obama.

Obummer promotes his record on international trade.

Exports are down under Obama.

Obummer brags about his record on women's issues.

Claiming the Reps want to take away women's contraception is a lie, not a record.

White House promoting Obummer record on manufacturing.

Mfg jobs are way down under Obama.

Obummer ad takes credit for saving auto industry.

He takes credit for it, but it's a lie. GM and Chrysler would have gone thru bankruptcy like thousands of other companies do and come out the other side just fine. What Obama did was screw the legal shareholders out of their ownership and gave it to the unions.

Looks like he'll be campaigning on his record this year, after all. :lol:

Lying about his record isn't exactly running on his record, is it? But hey, if it fools rubes like you and Newbie that's what he is looking for. :overhead:

Please fetch again.

zero's out pushing to college kids that student loan interest rates should remain low...when he was the one that was going to raise them. :doh: munchhausen by proxy. cause the problem then offer the solution to the problem to look like the hero. mental.

Lying about his record isn't exactly running on his record, is it? But hey, if it fools rubes like you and Newbie that's what he is looking for. :overhead:

Please fetch again.

Talk about moving the goal posts!! You asked for examples of him running on his record. You just got half a dozen. Slammed in your face like my cack would if i ever saw you. Now you're changing your tune to something that YOU think he did well. ROFL!! Like that would ever happen. LOLOLOL

Talk about moving the goal posts!! You asked for examples of him running on his record. You just got half a dozen. Slammed in your face like my cack would if i ever saw you. Now you're changing your tune to something that YOU think he did well. ROFL!! Like that would ever happen. LOLOLOL

Lying about his record isn't running on his record, Corky. It's running away from it. :doh:

Lying about his record isn't running on his record, Corky. It's running away from it. :doh:

:mellow:

We can wrap this one up, fellas :wave:

We can wrap this one up, fellas

This isn't your "perfect life" we are talking about. There is still a lot of life left in this race.

It's gonna be fun watching the Great Divider pit American against American and run on a fictitious record. :thumbsup:

Lying about his record isn't exactly running on his record, is it?

Actually yeah, it is running on his record even if you don't agree with it - another Titanic fail by Sybil Pilot. :overhead:

Actually yeah, it is running on his record even if you don't agree with it - another Titanic fail by Sybil Pilot. :overhead:

Nope. Lying about your record is running away from it. :doh:

HTH

Haven't you heard? He moved the goal posts. HE has to agree that the points Obama brings up were smashing successes. Which is real likely to happen. ROFL.

This might be the best example yet of RP being a flip-flopping, back-pedaling pussie.

Nope. Lying about your record is running away from it. :doh:

HTH

Ah so if you think it's not valid it no longer counts. You could've just said that and spared yourself some time Buffalo Bill. :doh:

Ah so if you think it's not valid it no longer counts.

The facts contradict him on all counts. Take your first example, for instance. Oil production on federal land is down under Obama. This is the only area he has any impact. Oil permits are down under Obama.

The private sector is producing more oil, without the need for approval from Obama or the govt.

See how he lies to take credit for stuff he has nothing to do with?

Lying about your record is running away from your record. :thumbsup:

The facts contradict him on all counts. Take your first example, for instance. Oil production on federal land is down under Obama. This is the only area he has any impact. Oil permits are down under Obama.

The private sector is producing more oil, without the need for approval from Obama or the govt.

See how he lies to take credit for stuff he has nothing to do with?

Lying about your record is running away from your record. :thumbsup:

Way to move the goalposts after getting clobbered. :lol:

Way to move the goalposts after getting clobbered. :lol:

Didn't move anything. He still isn't running on his record, Corky.

Making up lies about your dismal record on Oil production, and fooling rubes like you, doesn't constitute running on your record.

HTH

Where are the ads about Obamacare? It's his signature piece of legislation. :dunno:

Where are the ads about the stimulus? It is what kept unemployment from ever getting above 8%. :dunno:

Where are the ads about "cutting the deficit in half by the end of my first term"? America would love that ad. :dunno:

Where is the ad about closing Gitmo? :dunno:

What will your excuses be when Obummer wins in November? :doh:

Obama started campaigning yesterday. I wonder what he calls what he's been doing the past 6 months? Oh well, seems his huge campaign launch kinda fizzled. Mebbe he needed some Greek columns to walk thru. :banana:

I guess now he will start running on his record. :thumbsup:

Barack Obama launched his campaign in unspectacular fashion today at Ohio State University, the largest college in the crucial swing state. A photo posted to twitter by Mitt Romney's campaign spokesman Ryan Williams reveals sparse attendance. The above image, according to Williams, was taken during the President's first official campaign speech.

During the speech, Obama ripped into the presumptive GOP nominee and discussed nation building at home, but the most newsworthy item of the day was not the talking points Obama delivered: it was the crowd... or lack thereof. According to ABC News, the Obama campaign had expected an "overflow" of people. Instead, the arena looked half-empty. The Columbus Dispatch reports that Obama organizers even had people move from the seats to the floor of the gym in order to project a larger crowd on television.

According to the Toledo Blade, the venue for Obama's rally seats 20,000 but "there were a lot of empty seats." Comparatively, Obama drew a crowd of 35,000 at Ohio State when he campaigned for former Governor Ted Strickland in 2010.

The official Barack Obama Tumblr boasts a figure from ThinkProgress that 14,000 attended the event--70% of the stadium's seating capacity.

It's a campaign faux pas to hold an event in a room that isn't full; to promise the media a more-than-capacity crowd then fall this far short of that promise is utter incompetence. In 2008, Obama ran a near-flawless campaign, buoyed by enthusiasm and effective organizing. But it's not 2008 any more, and on day one of the 2012 campaign, Team Obama has already made an embarrassing blunder.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/05/obama-empty-arena

I have never seen in my life, someone refuse to stay down like RP, after getting his ass handed to him over and over. It finally gets to the point where everyone just walks away shaking their head as he crawls towards you, mumbling some incoherent insult.

I have never seen in my life, someone refuse to stay down like RP, after getting his ass handed to him over and over. It finally gets to the point where everyone just walks away shaking their head as he crawls towards you, mumbling some incoherent insult.

I missed all the examples of Obama running on his record in this thread, especially the ones you brought.

Didn't hear anything about his record yesterday when he officially launched his campaign.......just a bunch of don't vote for Romney, he's scary.

Anyone seen any ads of Obama "evolving" on his ghey marriage record? I almost feel sorry for Carney. :lol:

From yesterday's WH press briefing:

CNN’s Jessica Yellin asked whether Obama was trying to “have it both ways before an election” and whether he should “stop dancing around the issue.”

ABC’s Jake Tapper said that “it seems cynical to hide this prior to the election” and that “I don’t want to hear the same talking points 15 times in a row.”

NBC’s Chuck Todd said with a grin, “So help me out here. He opposes bans on gay marriage, but he doesn’t yet support gay marriage?”

The pounding was so intense that radio personality Les Kinsolving, a gadfly who tries to ask the most outrageous question at briefings, was being overlooked. Midway through the briefing, he appeared to pass out, sliding to the floor. As he was being helped to a seat, Kinsolving called out, “I just have one question!”

Carney tried to parry the same-sex-marriage questions, gamely at first and then testily as reporters began to laugh at his answers. He grew uncharacteristically flustered. When an unrelated question came about whether Obama would support the reelection of scandal-plagued Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.), Carney answered: “I mean — well, yes, sure. I just don’t — I haven’t — I haven’t been asked it before so I. . . . The president — I’ll have to — I’ll have to get back to you.”

“I have no update on the president’s personal views,” he told the first questioner, Anne Gearan of the Associated Press. “He, as you know, said that his views on this were evolving.”

Tapper asked whether Obama was “still evolving” or whether he’s “just waiting for the proper time to drop it, likely after November.”

“It is as it was,” Carney said.

CBS’s Nora O’Donnell tried another approach. “Why does the president oppose same-sex marriage?”

“I really don’t have any update for you,” Carney answered.

“The vice president appears to have evolved on the issue, but the president is still evolving?” O’Donnell inquired.

“I will leave it to individuals to describe their own personal views.”

Reporters fired dozens of barbed questions and taunts. “Contorted position! . . . Why did you guys send out statements to clarify? . . . What does the word ‘evolving’ mean? . . . Is he not evolved?. . . I want you to dissect the evolution.” A fly buzzed around the lectern. Carney let out a sigh.

NPR’s Mara Liasson asked whether Obama was “too clever by half,” essentially telling voters: “I’m getting ready to change my mind.”

“His views,” Carney maintained, “are crystal clear.”

Chris Geidner from Metro Weekly, a gay publication, pointed out the obvious: “If he’s crystal clear, why is everybody in this room asking you questions?”

“I think everybody in this room is reacting in the way folks often do to one story that takes off and then they run . . . and chase it.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2012/05/07/gIQAOzFw8T_story.html?hpid=z10

Hey, I think I found where Obama is running on his record!!!!!

Unfortunately, he's running on his record of blaming Bush.........thru 2019. :doh:

For Dems, Bush is to blame -- forever and ever

In the early days of the Obama administration, a lot of people, including some Republicans, weren't much bothered by the new president's tendency to blame his predecessor for the nation's problems. After all, Barack Obama did inherit a mess from George W. Bush. The voters were inclined to give Obama time to turn things around.

But how much time? Certainly a year was reasonable. And so, as Obama's one-year mark approached in 2010, many political analysts assumed he would stop blaming Bush for the nation's woes. The conversation would change from the problems Obama inherited to the effectiveness of his efforts to fix them.

But a year passed, and Obama and his supporters continued to point the finger at Bush. At that point, nearly everyone assumed that when Obama's two-year mark came, he would certainly have to stop blaming his predecessor.

But no -- Obama kept at it, all the way through the three-year mark. And now, in the president's fourth year in office, with his-re-election campaign under way, some of the president's defenders have come up with something new entirely. They're not only still blaming Bush for the problems of the Obama administration -- they're blaming Bush for anticipated problems in Obama's second term, should he win one.

Specifically, a number of commentators on the Left have come up with a scenario in which they blame Bush for nearly all future federal budget deficits until at least 2019.

"The economic downturn, President Bush's tax cuts and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq explain virtually the entire deficit over the next ten years," writes the left-leaning Center for Budget and Policy Priorities in a report released last week. The major drivers of deficits through 2019, the Center says, are "not of President Obama's making."

The argument, which is popping up in liberal publications, has conveniently appeared at a time when Mitt Romney is blaming Obama for out-of-control spending. "If you want to pin blame for deficits on a president, a much more plausible candidate would be the guy who had the job before Obama," writes Jonathan Cohn of the New Republic. Asks Sahil Kapur of the widely read lefty website Talking Points Memo: "To what extent are [Obama's] decisions while in office to blame? The answer: very little."

Is that really the case? Is the war in Iraq, which ran from 2003 to 2011, really going to drive the deficit in 2019? And what about Afghanistan, with American forces on schedule to leave? "It's ludicrous," says former Congressional Budget Office chief Douglas Holtz-Eakin. "We are out of Iraq and nearly out of Afghanistan. And under current law we are scheduled to take another $500 billion out of defense."

Holtz-Eakin also notes that the Center blames the 2009 deficit on Bush even though that year includes the $821 billion stimulus bill. "There was a LOT of activity in the final nine months [of fiscal 2009] that had nothing to do with Bush," he says. In addition, the 2009 deficit included two massive one-time-only expenditures: the Troubled Asset Relief Program and the bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. But spending did not plunge after that. "The fact that spending remains as high as [2009's] means that Obama has replaced temporary spending with persistent spending," says Holtz-Eakin.

The Center also insists Obama's signature achievement, national health care, will reduce the deficit in coming years, despite new estimates it will cost far more than originally claimed.

And then there are the Bush tax cuts, under which deficits actually shrank in the 2000s. With those cuts fully in place, the federal budget deficit went from $413 billion in 2004 to $318 billion in 2005 to $248 billion in 2006 to $162 billion in 2007. (The deficit climbed in 2008, to $410 billion, but that was caused by the economic downturn.) Why is the Center so confident that those cuts, if they remain in place, will explode the deficit in 2019?

And by the way, President Obama himself supports making the Bush tax cuts permanent, with the exception of lower rates for individuals making more than $200,000 a year and couples making more than $250,000. If Obama gets his way, and the tax cuts remain in place except for those in the upper bracket, will George W. Bush still be driving the deficit in 2019?

The new blame-Bush-forever argument shows, once and for all, that the Democrats' Bush obsession has raced completely out of control. Barack Obama has been president nearly four years and is asking for four more. The election is about him.

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/dems-bush-blame-forever-and-ever/550196

Will Obama be running on his record, or will he distract America and make this election about Bain Capitol?

Let's see what he has to say. It's all gobbledygook until the 4:00 mark, but then we get the truth:

Obama: Bain “Is Not A Distraction, This Is What This Campaign Is Gonna Be About”

Ok, I'm gonna throw Obama a bone here and say he is actually trying to run on his record with his claim on regulations. While technically correct, the real impact makes it total yaksqueeze. :doublethumbsup:

I can't see Youtube so I'm not sure this is correct but this is the clip google provides: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEcj8KpuJw

I can't see Youtube so I'm not sure this is correct but this is the clip google provides: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEcj8KpuJw

Apparently, China won't let you send working links to youtube either.

...and :mad: BUSH! :mad:

Nah. Not necessary. The ads I've seen are quite successful simply ripping on Romney's record as governor.

Nah. Not necessary. The ads I've seen are quite successful simply ripping on Romney's record as governor.

So, Obama is running on his "impressive" record? :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, Obama is running on his "impressive" record? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I never said that. Here's what I said:

"The ads I've seen are quite successful simply ripping on Romney's record as governor."

You seem more confused than usual lately. Is everything ok?

I never said that.

I started this thread so you Obama rubes could bring examples of Obama running on his record, one you call "impressive".

Instead you bring the opposite, so I mock you.

HTH

I started this thread so you Obama rubes could bring examples of Obama running on his record, one you call "impressive".

Instead you bring the opposite, so I mock you.

HTH

You made a statement that his campaign would revolve around criticizing Bush. I corrected you and taught you that he's doing just fine demolishing Romney on his own record. If you want toi only talk about Obama, then only talk about Obama. Not Bush. Pretty simple, son.