Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

Draft Commentary

Trent Richardson

4 YPC @ 300 carries = 1200 yards rushing

Add in a couple hundred more receiving yards and maybe 5 TD's and he should be a safe RB #2.

OMG that was my pick -- holy ###### I thought there was no chance he would take Trent -- thats why I took Brady. Oh well Got to re think a little I thought I would be picking auto after his pick now I got to think

fock u skibum I thiught this was going to be a quick easy pick now I am almost forced to take a player I really don't want to take but the value is there fock fock fock

Pretty sure I know who moz is picking. Ive got a tough choice as I did think Brady would make it to me. Lol u guys only picked 2 qb's in the first 2 rounds last year. My smokescreens didn't work hahaha.

So a handful of ways I could go and I'm swamped at work. Pick 2.3 won't be made until about 7 est

I think Moz is going to take who I wanted.

im not -- i will pick in a few though -- i will hold my nose likely as i pick though

Think Ski wanted a QB but now theres none at that slot -- there's still a no brainer if your a VBD drafter there.

No brainer pick for a VBD @ 2.01? When that no brainer is drafted, let me know. I'd like to know who you are talking about. I disagree, I don't see a no brainer anywhere past the 1st 3 QB's, McCoy, RR, and Calvin(all of them gone by the way).

No brainer pick for a VBD @ 2.01? When that no brainer is drafted, let me know. I'd like to know who you are talking about. I disagree, I don't see a no brainer anywhere past the 1st 3 QB's, McCoy, RR, and Calvin(all of them gone by the way).

My VBD board has a player sitting alone in a tier to himself right now

VBD the no Brainer was AJ and with Rice thats who I was betting on him taking - I was wrong :(

I went with Johnson -- I just hope he can get himself in condition this year.

Trent Richardson

4 YPC @ 300 carries = 1200 yards rushing

Add in a couple hundred more receiving yards and maybe 5 TD's and he should be a safe RB #2.

Holy f'n sh1t!!! Big ballz right there. I now look at Ski differently. Mad respect.

My VBD board has a player sitting alone in a tier to himself right now

Was it Andre3000?

Holy f'n sh1t!!! Big ballz right there. I now look at Ski differently. Mad respect.

I was going trent despite him playing cincy,balt,pitt 6 times total so I would have a franchise player for next season and maybe get a PPR surprise. For this year Trent was like 5 back away from the RB's I think will do good this year.

Was it Andre3000?

sort of obvious -- I just didn't want him becasue thought he has so much talent he is always injured -- he's the Brian Westbrook of WR's

I have 2 people evenly ranked. I'm kind of hoping that WW takes one of them to make my choice easier.

No I have several WRs left a tier higher AJ

well then it was likely the guy I was debating on over AJ but I couldn't pull the trigger on a certain position at 2.2 when I don't pick for a year :( I had to go with the highest ceiling guy at least IMO

I was going trent despite him playing cincy,balt,pitt 6 times total so I would have a franchise player for next season and maybe get a PPR surprise. For this year Trent was like 5 back away from the RB's I think will do good this year.

totally unexpected. could be right though. im not sure i knew where to expect Richardson to go. hadn't really thought about it yet.

Trent Richardson was my target and the reason I tried to trade with Moz before the draft started. Guess that wouldn't have mattered. Nice pick ski, you too Moz.

I don't want to rush for the sake of rushing ill pick as soon as I get home. Between 3 guys

totally unexpected. could be right though. im not sure i knew where to expect Richardson to go. hadn't really thought about it yet.

delay if you want your boy back in AJ I will trade him to you for your 2nd rounder and a bump a few rounds later -- let me know via email if interested

I'll tell u what I regret keeping dmc. Knowing what's available now and who. I could have selected 1.10

delay if you want your boy back in AJ I will trade him to you for your 2nd rounder and a bump a few rounds later -- let me know via email if interested

nah. buyer's remorse already, huh? ive got another WR in mind @ 2.05. thx tho.

Screw it, i got some downtime.

I'm talk.g the last of my top tier qb's. The mist risky but the last guy I feel is truely capable of 5000 and 40+ passing and can keep pace with the big 3.

Too many similarly ranked RB and WR for me here.

Screw it, i got some downtime.

I'm talk.g the last of my top tier qb's. The mist risky but the last guy I feel is truely capable of 5000 and 40+ passing and can keep pace with the big 3.

Too many similarly ranked RB and WR for me here.

Tommy Maddox :dunno:

I was actually considering keeping forte at 1.09, so I couldn't pass on him here. :cheers:

I was actually considering keeping forte at 1.09, so I couldn't pass on him here. :cheers:

might regret it - contract issues and Mike Bush -- wouldn't of touched him until round 3 JMO

Forte was on my short list if I didn't take qb

typed 2 names in my post, deleted 1, kept Graham. no, it wasn't the other TE.

my draft starts @ 3.08 now. wasn't planning on going TE here, but things change.

typed 2 names in my post, deleted 1, kept Graham. no, it wasn't the other TE.

my draft starts @ 3.08 now. wasn't planning on going TE here, but things change.

Gutsy, I like the pick

Gutsy, I like the pick

i'm looking for 18.5 to 20.5 pts a game. #1 TE in my projections. no, NE can not have 2 TE's in the top 3 again.

i'm looking for 18.5 to 20.5 pts a game. #1 TE in my projections. no, NE can not have 2 TE's in the top 3 again.

Cause Llyod was such a great upgrade at WR :dunno:

Graham the top te on my board but no way I take a te before maybe late 3rd.

Then again graham would be the guy. Gutsy

I'm busy from 3:30-5:15cst today. Then I'm all yours fellas. Keep those TE's, QB's and Wr's rolling off the board :banana:

Graham the top te on my board but no way I take a te before maybe late 3rd.

Then again graham would be the guy. Gutsy

there are several servicable sleepers past rd. #6 or so that can be startable. nothing wrong w/ an owner going that route.

of course, there are big names to be had around Graham, too. I just like Graham that much more.

but hey, i drafted Graham in the 4th last yr, so my opinion of him has long been public.

I'm busy from 3:30-5:15cst today. Then I'm all yours fellas. Keep those TE's, QB's and Wr's rolling off the board :banana:

remember to not draft last yr's RBs again this yr. K?

If he is really the next AP I did not want to miss out. I am suprised that moz chose brady over him.

If he is really the next AP I did not want to miss out. I am suprised that moz chose brady over him.

ok i am finally home and can really toss out some analysis so far.

T-Rich - i just don't see it that early. The track record for rookie RB's just really isn't spectacular and Richardson will play for a perennial loser likely starting a rookie QB. Obviously I could be wrong and the guy is super talented but that is a high pick for a rookie RB in that situation. I know I know, he is can't miss and there hasn't been one this can't miss since ADP. In short, I give you props for having the cajones to take him and I understand he wouldn't have made it back to you, even by my draft board.

I thought MJD would be the first real pick off the board.

Calvin is a beast, fock the curse.

Forte was on my radar but after a closer look, not only does he have a bunch of issues, he simply didn't play that well last year.

I like the Jimmy Graham pick more and more. Still not my style to take a TE that high but I personally think Jimmy will be markedly better than the rest.

So yeah, my short list for pick 2.3 was Rodgers, Brady, Brees and someone I can't name yet. You guys hit the nail on the head with the point disparity between the top passing QB's and the rest. I looked at last years draft results and the first QB didn't fall until 2.1 with only 2 guys going in the first two rounds. I thought I would be okay with maybe only 1 or 2 other owners noticing this. Plus i figured this is year what? 5, 6 of this league? I thought last years draft results might be a decent barometer.

Alas, I was forced to choose between my unnamed player and Stafford (or another QB). In the end I decided Stafford was the last guy I felt had a more than reasonable chance to repeat last years passing numbers and be on par with ARod, Brady and Brees. Detroit has no run game, a still suspect defense and plenty of receiving weapons. Rushing TD's can be fickle and with 6 pt passing I wanted to make sure I got a guy who I felt i could bank on, health not withstanding.

I'm a much bigger fan of the top 3-4 draft slots this year. At least in terms of my personal tiers. Ill probably be reaching throughout this draft.