Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Fvcking drivers, this is why I want automated driving!

Got into an accident. Pregnant wife seems ok. Daughter is ok. If the wife shows any signs that something isn't right we are going to go the ER, but the accident wasn't that bad. Guy hit us probably about 10 mph while we were stopped. Some dip shlt who couldn't wait to get around the truck in front of him cuts everyone off. Everyone slams on the brakes while the guy behind me couldn't stop in time.

Same street I was hit in my Cruze, this time it was the Enclave. Both times it was a 19 year old guy. Both times they were driving a truck. And both times they were probably texting so they didn't see my car until it was too late.

When people say I don't want to trust a machine to do my driving for me! It's not about your driving, it's about controlling the other drivers out there who lack common sense. Can't wait for Google to perfect the technology. Another fvcking car with an accident on it. Awesome.

Beyond sick of a**holes who think that it is perfectly acceptable to be staring at the phone in their lap while operating a motor vehicle at 70 mph.

Beyond sick of a**holes who think that it is perfectly acceptable to be staring at the phone in their lap while operating a motor vehicle at 70 mph.

I know. And so many people do it. Their phone is in their lap and then are looking directly down at it swerving from lane to lane.

If in an accident and caught sending a text message in the lead up to it, people should be fined in the five digits.

Make the punishment just like student loans too. There's no escaping it, no refinancing of it. No time off for good behavior.