Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Ty Montgomery & Aaron Jones

Today and next week game will determine how the backfield of the most prolific offense shakeout. Lets see what happens!

According to reports, Ty will starts but share the backfield with Jones (50/50) as of now.

Today and next week game will determine how the backfield of the most prolific offense shakeout. Lets see what will happens!

According to reports, Ty will starts but share the backfield with Jones (50/50) as of now.

Yeah, I'm pondering whether to flex TyMont or Perine (just grabbed off free agency). Perine against a cake run defense, but he...sucks. TyMont against a tough D but in that offense...but he's sharing time. Hmmmm...

No way Montgomery's ribs are healed.

He's going to be wearing a jacket. At this point it can be seen as just a nagging injury, so it's likely just a matter of pain management. But...it could be enough pain to matter. And Jones may get the goalline stuff.

If I had anybody better than Perine, dangit.

I once had cracked ribs from a car accident. and I will tell you for at least 6-7 weeks it feels like nothing gets any better. And for most part you feel fine doing regular things. I didnt take any hits when I had my rib injury, but let me tell you for 5-6 weeks every sneeze or cough would hurt like a mtha fckr. It stopped you in your tracks. I am sure getting hit playing football isnt comfortable with rib injuries

Yeah, I'm pondering whether to flex TyMont or Perine (just grabbed off free agency). Perine against a cake run defense, but he...sucks. TyMont against a tough D but in that offense...but he's sharing time. Hmmmm...

It seems I always have a late Sunday morning dilemma to toss round-and-round in my head and this week it's whether to flex James White or Samaje Perine (I'd have to pick him up and drop somebody though). I haven't been wowed by Perine and his '3 yards and a cloud of dust' nor the fact he gets few targets. But he's handled 20-plus touch workloads twice and RBs have tended to have heavy workloads against the 49ers. SF has also tended to be a get-right spot for less noteworthy RBs like Jonathan Stewart and Marlon Mack. Heck, it seems like every RB who's played against SF has had one of their finer games. For James White, it may be a last chance to play him before the NE RB pool becomes diluted with a returning Burkhead and NYJ has surrendered good production to receiving RBs. Plus, all White has to do is catch 5 passes in PPR to surpass anything Perine's done to date.

But since you already have Perine, I'd strongly consider playing him. Chances are very high that he'll have a significantly heavier workload than Ty Montgomery in his first week back.

It seems I always have a late Sunday morning dilemma to toss round-and-round in my head and this week it's whether to flex James White or Samaje Perine (I'd have to pick him up and drop somebody though). I haven't been wowed by Perine and his '3 yards and a cloud of dust' nor the fact he gets few targets. But he's handled 20-plus touch workloads twice and RBs have tended to have heavy workloads against the 49ers. SF has also tended to be a get-right spot for less noteworthy RBs like Jonathan Stewart and Marlon Mack. Heck, it seems like every RB who's played against SF has had one of their finer games. For James White, it may be a last chance to play him before the NE RB pool becomes diluted with a returning Burkhead and NYJ has surrendered good production to receiving RBs. Plus, all White has to do is catch 5 passes in PPR to surpass anything Perine's done to date.

But since you already have Perine, I'd strongly consider playing him. Chances are very high that he'll have a significantly heavier workload than Ty Montgomery in his first week back.

Thanks for the input, man. That's been what I've been thinking too. But it is a 1/2ppr league, and TyMont was getting the second-most targets on the team before he got hurt, iirc. Perine has been targeted twice. If they said Jones got the start and splits with Ty, I wouldn't think about putting Ty in. But they decided to name him as the 'starter'. Does that mean anything? Just being nice to the vet? Damminit.

Perine is in the spot right now. But here I sit, waffling.

Your White spot is really similar, yeah. I don't know White's stats to well. 10 and 7 catches the last two games. That's not bad. He seems to have a low ceiling. Do we think Perine could rumble into the endzone? Or is Wash going to throw it when they get down there?

Okay, WAS has their OLineman back, and the Niners cut Bowman and have Foster inactive at LB. Looked back at the Vikes D history, they aren't giving up much through the air to RBs. And Perine actually averaged 4.5 ypc across 6 carries against the Chiefs. I'm still going Perine.

I think.

EDIT: NOOOOOOPE. WAS is starting Thomson at RB.

Perine, you're out. Go get em, TyMont. :/

One good hit to those ribs, jacket or not, and Ty's out

Eh. One good hit to any bodypart and any player is out. It's a bit more of a risk here. But actually I'd feel worse about it if Jones hadn't played so well last week. The way he ran, I'm skeptical that the coaches are 'rushing' TyMont back to play. 'Broken' ribs probably aren't complete fractures floating around in his torso :) They'd be hairlines. If he can start with them, I'll play him over a guy who isn't even getting the starting nod now and hasn't done much anyway. Perine was a volume play for me, and that's now in question.

Do we think Perine could rumble into the endzone?

That was probably part of the magnetic pull that I felt towards him - that he'd get a cherry on top like Stewart and Mack did. But for my purposes I think White's overdue to taste the endzone as well and his three highest performances were 17, 15 and 13 point affairs which Perine hasn't come close to.

I hear you on the news that Thompson has been named the starter. Now it's a tougher bet that Perine that will outtouch Montgomery but I'd still make it.

Okay, WAS has their OLineman back, and the Niners cut Bowman and have Foster inactive at LB. Looked back at the Vikes D history, they aren't giving up much through the air to RBs. And Perine actually averaged 4.5 ypc across 6 carries against the Chiefs. I'm still going Perine.

I think.

EDIT: NOOOOOOPE. WAS is starting Thomson at RB.

Perine, you're out. Go get em, TyMont. :/

It may just be a situational thing with Thompson starting. I'd be surprised if he got more early-down work than Perine

They could just start and activate Ty for the purpose of backup incase Jones get hurts.

Reserve could be true Thompson, he is a starter because he played very well, but his roll won't change.

#fakenews. Montgomery is not going to split carries this week.

Right, I suspect he won't actually get many if any touch and use as emergency.

But I am guessing you don't mean that?

With Crowell as my only other option I gotta fire up Montgomery. I am hoping he is used more as a 3rd down back and am just looking for a few catches in a ppr league.

I been switching back and forth with JuJu and Thielen since I like both. But decided to go boring but safer Thielen.

Leaning back Perine now...lol. Love these sort of mornings.

Well, it's third and 9 and Rogers let Aaron Jones to run it.

I would say they trust Jones as a passing down back I guess?

There's not a lot of difference for the Pack between running downs and passing downs :)

But seriously, what it seems like to me after just two series is a tradeoff between series. We'll see.

BUT...with Rodgers out, the whole game changes. No idea what they'll do now.

Ouch sorry Bock and of course Perine gets TD by reception.

LOL. Eh. They're using TyMont a lot, there was every chance of him scoring on that last possession. For the moment I'm not terribly upset about the choice I made. Looks like they are swapping possessions outright, but they aren't limited TyMont otherwise. He's running okay too.

Doh! Almost a TyMont score there.

Almost, it's pretty much a 50/50 usage at this point.

Kinda make both of them meh going forward, especially now Rogers is out.

Almost, it's pretty much a 50/50 usage at this point.

Kinda make both of them meh going forward, especially now Rogers is out.

Not sure about the downgrade. Without Rodgers, leaning on the run game and the short pass game makes some good sense.

As a TyMont and not Jones owner, I'm encouraged by how they are using TyMont. He's been doing all the things they had him doing before the injury. They really haven't limited him that way. Could be a lot worse for me.

2.0 Points is encouraging to you? As a Jones owner, I hate it.

Sure you could have 0 point, but anything not productive is a waste of space for upside. Without Rogers, TD chance gone way way way down. Upside is extremely limited.

Ty Montgomery limped to tent...

Jones may be back in play

2.0 Points is encouraging to you? As a Jones owner, I hate it.

Sure you could have 0 point, but anything not productive is a waste of space for upside. Without Rogers, TD chance gone way way way down. Upside is extremely limited.

I said the way they are using TyMont is encouraging. I have him in a 1/2ppr league, and having him coming off and injury and getting used like they are is encouraging for the future, yes. And if a QB goes down, the RB usage may go up. I'm not happy he just limped off. But we'll see. Jones is also not outplaying him, which is also encouraging for the future.

For this week? No, I'm getting my butt handed to me all the way around so far :) Perine's score wouldn't even really have helped me. Unless my 3 Chiefs and AB absolutely explode, I'm dropping this week.