Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Darren McFadden or Joseph Randle

Randle wont.

If given enough carries he has a decent shot at it. DMC already hurt. No one else on the roster with much ability.

Most single season Rushing attempts in NFL History 1. Larry Johnson (26) 416 2006 KAN 2. Jamal Anderson (25) 410 1998 ATL 3. James Wilder (26) 407 1984 TAM 4. Eric Dickerson+ (26) 404 1986 RAM 5. Eddie George (26) 403 2000 TEN 6. Gerald Riggs (24) 397 1985 ATL 7. DeMarco Murray (26) 392 2014 DAL

This should tell you that they kinda did do what you are saying. But you think they needed to do it even more?

No, not in a general sense. But when a season ends in failure you tend to break things down for analysis. There were critical times last season that Dallas veered away from the run and it cost them. Re-watching the GB playoff game of course there was the Murray fumble and the non-catch. But there was also a critical drive that stalled on them in the first half.

Same with the Washington home game when Romo got hurt. In fact I posted on this board at the time the coaches should all have been fired for a decision to pass the ball on 2nd and goal from the 3 yd line. I think that play cost them dearly last season. But just my opinion, which counts for little lol...

Hum, interesting... Don't know a lot about Davis - what's the book on him?

Knile Davis is a freak. But what makes him so intriguing is that he's a football player too. Surprised you didn't pick up the word here locally, back in May Bryan Broaddus was mocking a Ronald Leary for Knile Davis trade. Rumor mill right? Well a couple things....

The 26 year old Leary is entering the last year of a contract which pays him under 700 grand. He's going to hit the market looking for a raise and the Boys likely won't retain him. Leary graded out as PFF's 6th ranked guard in 2014 and KC is desperate for offensive line help. The beads for Manhattan way Jones picked up Lael Collins makes Leary movable.

Knile Davis is a third year back out of Arkansas, yep Jerry Jones alma mater, who goes 5'10" 220lbs and runs a 4.37 forty. That's Tavon Austin-type fast with a huge punch behind it. He has been nails filling in for Jamaal Charles at times rushing for over 400 yds and 6 TDs last year while catching 17 passes for another 150 yds. Plus he can block. He's had some injuries but has fought through them. And he's under contract through next year.

Somebody said Davis could go for 3000 yds in Dallas, and while that may be Tea Party type extreme it's also not a completely ridiculous statement.

Knile Davis is a freak. But what makes him so intriguing is that he's a football player too. Surprised you didn't pick up the word here locally, back in May Bryan Broaddus was mocking a Ronald Leary for Knile Davis trade. Rumor mill right? Well a couple things....

The 26 year old Leary is entering the last year of a contract which pays him under 700 grand. He's going to hit the market looking for a raise and the Boys likely won't retain him. Leary graded out as PFF's 6th ranked guard in 2014 and KC is desperate for offensive line help. The beads for Manhattan way Jones picked up Lael Collins makes Leary movable.

Knile Davis is a third year back out of Arkansas, yep Jerry Jones alma mater, who goes 5'10" 220lbs and runs a 4.37 forty. That's Tavon Austin-type fast with a huge punch behind it. He has been nails filling in for Jamaal Charles at times rushing for over 400 yds and 6 TDs last year while catching 17 passes for another 150 yds. Plus he can block. He's had some injuries but has fought through them. And he's under contract through next year.

Somebody said Davis could go for 3000 yds in Dallas, and while that may be Tea Party type extreme it's also not a completely ridiculous statement.

I would probably cream myself if Davis went to Dallas, giving me Charles, L Bell, L Murray and Davis as my rbs in one league.

I doubt it happens though. The chiefs know what they have in Davis. He is a great replacement for charles if anything happens to him.

I would probably cream myself if Davis went to Dallas, giving me Charles, L Bell, L Murray and Davis as my rbs in one league.

I doubt it happens though. The chiefs know what they have in Davis. He is a great replacement for charles if anything happens to him.

with my draft slots across three leagues I know there is no chance in hell that I can snag Charles ..BUT, I am gonna reach for Davis in each league.

he is the only 'cuff' in the league that is worth owning as a stand alone commodity (meaning if you don't own Charles).

I envision starting him at flex quite a bit ... there will be weeks he scores plenty, even with a healthy Jamaal.

and Charles owners simply MUST reach for KD, and there will be weeks both are in your starting lineup ... and if JC does go down, the production dropff to Davis will be minimal.

love this kid 👍

with my draft slots across three leagues I know there is no chance in hell that I can snag Charles ..BUT, I am gonna reach for Davis in each league.

he is the only 'cuff' in the league that is worth owning as a stand alone commodity (meaning if you don't own Charles).

I envision starting him at flex quite a bit ... there will be weeks he scores plenty, even with a healthy Jamaal.

and Charles owners simply MUST reach for KD, and there will be weeks both are in your starting lineup ... and if JC does go down, the production dropff to Davis will be minimal.

love this kid 👍

Snagging other peoples handcuffs never works for me. Hell snagging my own handcuffs never work.

At this point you have to still go Randle, but McFadden is a great value right now. I will be picking him up late in most of my drafts.

At this point you have to still go Randle, but McFadden is a great value right now. I will be picking him up late in most of my drafts.

If he cant play because he is hurt all year then even the last round is bad value for him.

If he cant play because he is hurt all year then even the last round is bad value for him.

Yep, even last round is a bad value for some guys because they might have 1 good game and trick you into starting them. Im adopting the same policy that worked for me last year, wich is leaving guys off my list entirely. Its drastic and goes against vbd rules but it helps me avoid situations like the above. Last year i successfully left a ton of bums and busts off my list that others were snapping up in rnd 5-7 because they got a good deal. A sack of dog turds is a sack of dog turds even when it goes on sale. I was never tempted to start them so I was never subjected to the ensuing heartbreak. Instead I was getting Jeremy Hill as my later round risk.

Knile Davis is a third year back out of Arkansas, yep Jerry Jones alma mater

jerry has owned the team for 26 years now. number of arkansas players who have played for DAL during that time period:

i don't know where this meme started, but it baffles me.

jerry has owned the team for 26 years now. number of arkansas players who have played for DAL during that time period:

i don't know where this meme started, but it baffles me.

And yeah, he just had an epiphany and picked up that fourth guy on a charity case last off season. Just saying. It didn't mean anything really. It obviously wouldn't disqualify Davis.

FBN I have a friendly wager for you this year....

Tre Mason outscores Randle in fantasy this year in standard fantasy scoring. What say you?

I have a feeling Dallas will pick up another RB to hedge their bet on DMAC, and he will be the guy. The Browns have 3 really good RB's.... it would be sweet if they could get West. I even think CJ2 could win the job if they picked him up... he hated it there in NY. I owned Ray Rice since his rookie year and traded him for Dez after his last great year. I did notice the year he fell apart the whole offence sucked... all the RB's. So I think he would be a monster in Dallas, that being said Dallas have already stuck them selfs out there with thier recent acquistions and wont do it

FBN I have a friendly wager for you this year....

Tre Mason outscores Randle in fantasy this year in standard fantasy scoring. What say you?

I am down with that bet.

The thing I keep worrying about with Randle is his noggin. The dude is a walking idiot in real life - I'm fearful his football sense isn't any better.

The thing I keep worrying about with Randle is his noggin. The dude is a walking idiot in real life - I'm fearful his football sense isn't any better.

do you think there is any chance that they call in guys like Bradshaw or PTCruiser during camp?

do you think there is any chance that they call in guys like Bradshaw or PTCruiser during camp?

At this point - I would not be surprised, or rule out, any possibilities coming out of the Rb spot. I just don't see how Garrett and Linehan can be 100% comfortable with what we have now - especially with DMC already on the pup list.

Bradshaw is even more of an injury risk than mcfadden. I dont see how any team would want to put up with him. PT deserves a home still imo.

Bradshaw is even more of an injury risk than mcfadden. I dont see how any team would want to put up with him. PT deserves a home still imo.

very true on AB, no argument there ... but dude put up rb1 numbers (ppr) last year while only getting 40% of the Colts workload.

health issues blow, but guy would beast/feast with that Dallas offense. I'd love to see it play out.

very true on AB, no argument there ... but dude put up rb1 numbers (ppr) last year while only getting 40% of the Colts workload.

health issues blow, but guy would beast/feast with that Dallas offense. I'd love to see it play out.

I agree that he is a very good rb when on the field. I just dont see how he could make it through a full game any more.

Great - now Dunbar is hurt, walking around in a boot.

Not taking a rb in the 3rd, or at all really, is going to bite us in the ass.

Bradshaw is an ideal change of pace rb. The Cowboys would be amazing if they had a 3 headed monster at rb. Thats really what they need. Keep everyone fresh and healthy.

Bradshaw is an ideal change of pace rb. The Cowboys would be amazing if they had a 3 headed monster at rb. Thats really what they need. Keep everyone fresh and healthy.

Bradshaw cant even stay on the field. I dont see how he is even an option as anyone who can be counted on. Even if he survives training camp they will have to then sign a new rb to replace Bradshaw who is hurt, and now you have a guy who doesnt know the playbook at all.

Great - now Dunbar is hurt, walking around in a boot.

Not taking a rb in the 3rd, or at all really, is going to bite us in the ass.

I get the feeling they're taking a long hard look at Collins at RG these days. Lots of trades going on right now.

The Cowboy's camp has been very quiet all preseason. Any word on how Randle looks in practice? They held him, Romo and Dez all out in the first preseason game. Looks like he's already handled the job with the way they are cuddling him.

Dude avg a eye popping 6.7 yards per carry this season on 51 carries (very small sample size). I have him up there with Latavis Murray as a huge reward guy. A potential top 5 RB guy you can get in rounds 3/4.

I've been vacationing in California last two weeks haven't seen or heard local DFW press, but Randle has been banged up. McFragile is barely back in the rotation and the other stiff they wheeled out immediately went on the shelf in the first pre-season game.

This team needs to make a move badly, or remain content as an also ran. Knowing Jerry Jones I just can't see that occurring.

I've been vacationing in California last two weeks haven't seen or heard local DFW press, but Randle has been banged up. McFragile is barely back in the rotation and the other stiff they wheeled out immediately went on the shelf in the first pre-season game.

This team needs to make a move badly, or remain content as an also ran. Knowing Jerry Jones I just can't see that occurring.

Who's available?

Ray Rice? - can't see this happening..

Chris Johnson? - He's been done

Steven Jackson? - See Chris Johnson

Who's available?

Pierre Thomas

Who's available?

Michael "The Burner" Turner

Who's available?

By trade my man, an RB via trade. With the addition of Collins, Ronald Leary becomes tradeable if not expendable. Leary was a top 6 guard per PFF, and has been a beast this summer. The media had Collins already penciled in at LG but Leary has been fighting like a mother to keep that job. And he will.

The kicker is no way Dallas keeps him when he's a FA after this year. With who they have on their line already, and deals coming due in the next few years, they won't even franchise Leary. Who is desperate for offensive line help? KC? New Orleans? There is a couple excellent young runners sitting down the depth chart on both teams. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. When you can trade good young offensive linemen, it opens up all sorts of possibilities.

I'm a big fan of what Jerry Jones has done this off season, and I have not been kind to him in the past. This is something him and his son can EASILY pull off. What do you think Jerry Jones would pay to win a super bowl and forever bury the legacy of Jimmie Johnson in Dallas?

That was a rhetorical question.

They did make a move, they went out and sign "Run DMAC".

Anyone find it strange how the Cowboys kept Randle despite the theft incident last year? I think they see something BIG in Randle. For them to let Murray walk and pretty hand Randle the key speaks volume.

This is a line that produced the number one fantasy back last season and that line is getting better. Randle could be a HUGE score for teams willing to roll the dice in round 3-4.

They did make a move, they went out and sign "Run DMAC".

Anyone find it strange how the Cowboys kept Randle despite the theft incident last year? I think they see something BIG in Randle. For them to let Murray walk and pretty hand Randle the key speaks volume.

This is a line that produced the number one fantasy back last season and that line is getting better. Randle could be a HUGE score for teams willing to roll the dice in round 3-4.

And that's the other side of the coin. My opinion is that Randle is small and slow, and more importantly is just another guy. He'll put up fantasy numbers obviously with that offense, but this team will not go to the next level with their RB corps as is. Lots of buzz in Dallas along those lines right now, though the confidence in the offensive line is like Lee's army on the way to Gettysburg.

Lots of buzz in Dallas along those lines right now, though the confidence in the offensive line is like Lee's army on the way to Gettysburg.

:lol:

awesome.

i think people should be aware that DAL isn't planning to play it exactly like last season, though. the last few days in camp are showing some interesting wrinkles. for example, escobar has been featured in several sequences that appear to have been specifically designed to create personnel mismatches. beasley has been one of the big stories of camp--the guy has been completely uncoverable, and linehan appears to be building entire packages for him.

though we can't come to any conclusions from this, it suggests that DAL is going to make the short game (runs, screens, and quick passes) a bit more diverse than last season.

interesting tidbit on randle from yesterday's bloggingtheboys:

In spite of this, we noticed quite clearly how easily Joseph Randle can make subtle little cuts at speed. Instead of taking a step to slow down, it's as if he can slow down instantly, hesitate for a microsecond to allow blocks to develop or for the chaotic pattern to shift favorably, then quickly get up to full speed again, all the while making himself "skinny" to get through tight creases. I have no idea whether or not the Great Joseph Randle Experiment will end up being a success; I do know that he has gifts as a runner that his predecessor didn't.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2015/8/17/9163833/cowboys-2015-training-camp-practice-number-thirteen-full-report-boys

Followed Randle throughout his college career at OK State.....playing against some pretty good teams like OU, Texas, K State, Huskers, Aggies, etc. Anyone insisting that he is JAG is ill-informed. He rushed for 24 TD's his Sophomore year (2nd only to Barry Sanders in school history) and added 2 more receiving TD's that year on 43 catches, earning a 2nd team all Big 12 selection. He was the Big 12's leading rusher the following year, earning 1st team all-conference honors. He went pro the following year.

You get him behind a stalwart o-line, and he is gonna shine....IF they feed him the ball.

I will not hype him anymore, or post any YouTube college highlights....because he is still a tremendous value right now. I am actually quite glad that he is missing the preseason. Hopefully, he won't be back until week 1, allowing the hype-train to remain at the station.