Sign in to follow this  
scottsind

Keeper Opinions in a Standard League

In a Standard 12 man league where each team gets to keep 2 players for up to 3 years. Currently my keepers are Antonio Brown and Mike Evans with the option of keeping Kenyan Drake or Aaron Rodgers with different strategies I could take during the draft. I draft 2nd in a draft that goes 1-12, 1-12, 1-12 just like the NFL Draft. What scenario do you like better?

1.) Keep Antonio Brown and Mike Evans, watch Saquon Barkley get drafted ahead of me, and pick up the next remaining best RB (Mixon, McKinnon, Henry.... this question is already in another thread).

2.) Keep 2 out of Kenyan Drake/Aaron Rodgers/Mike Evans, give Antonio Brown to the pick ahead of me, and select Saquon Barkley with the #2 pick.

Elite RB's are gold in a standard league and although Barkley is the next GOD of fantasy football in a lot of eyes, he is still unproven on the NFL level. Antonio Brown is more than likely the top WR in fantasy every year. Which option do you like better?

I am always scheming throughout the off season..... Thank you and Leave a Link

Sure Barkley is the shiny new toy, but AB is well AB. I agree with Ralphster. You will be locked in at WR, hammer the RBs in the early rounds.

• Like 1

Whether you keep Brown or not, it will not affect the #1 pick. I don't think anyone, in a keeper league, would ever take a 30 year old Antonio Brown over a 21 year old RB (pending keeper rules). I highly doubt that Kenyon Drake would be the best 3rd player you could have after your first pick, so there's no reason not to keep Brown and Evans and take the next best player... who could be a guy like Devonta Freeman.

• Like 1

This is a closed topic now. Thank you for confirming my thoughts. Appreciate it. Good luck whenever your drafts are.

I was just gonna ask how long you get to keep those players? if you can only keep a maximum of 3 years if Antonio is in the last year you are allowed to keep him, you should think about trying to get barkley.

it is also worth noting that at 29 and with an aging Rothlisberger, Brown may only have a max of one or two good years left. If Rothlisberger retires, I have my doubts about Brown puttting up great numbers.

another thing you wanna keep in mind is planning. you do not wanna be in a position to replace all 3 of your keepers at the same time. this isnt something that was mentioned or addressed here either.

I know the topic is closed, but I dont think you have considered all the facts here. maybe your decision in the end is the same, but you should factor this into your decision making.

• Like 1

Thank you Ray_T for the response. I have 2 keepers (Evans & AB) that I can keep for up to 3 years.

I am in my 2nd year with Antonio Brown and Evans, so I can keep them through this season and the next. I must trade both of them by the trade deadline of the last season. Thank you for putting that into perspective as it would be nice to stagger when I have to trade my keepers.

I have been reading that Big Ben is possibly seeking a new contract meaning he may actually play 3 more years as he said he was going to in the off season. AB definitely needs Big Ben to stay atop the WR fantasy market.